UK Spyderco Visit

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
UK KEN

UK Spyderco Visit

Post by UK KEN »

Dear Spyderco Team

Has any progress been made with the idea of a visit to the UK by Sal and his team?

I know I keep asking this question and I may be being a pain in the rear end but I know of a good number of UK Spyderco collectors and users who are very excited at the idea.

There are a number of people at this end myself included who are prepared to help in any way they can to make this "show" a possibility.

So, Sal how about it Sir?

Ken (P.I.T.A)
philuk44

Post by philuk44 »

Just wanted to add my voice to Ken's on this - it would be so cool to meet some of the Spydercrew here in the UK. How about it Sal? :)

Phil
Joyce Laituri

Post by Joyce Laituri »

Sal is out of the office and won't be returning till later this week. I'm certain he'll respond when he sees this post.

Joyce
Simon G

Post by Simon G »

Well, you can certainly add my voice to that of the two illustrious formites above!

Sal and the crew in the UK! :D :cool: I'd even call in sick to make sure I got to where ever they were! ;)

I'd imagine with the rest of Europe within easy striking distance, a true multi-national flavour could develop! :D
"From this day to the ending of the world, we in it shall be remembered; we happy few; we band of brothers...for he who today sheds his blood with me shall be my brother." -Henry V

"......and he that has no sword, let him sell his cloak and buy one." - Luke 22:36
Ted

Post by Ted »

Can you arrange that meeting on Luton or Stansted Airport :D
jon shannow

Post by jon shannow »

if theres a way i can be there i will be :)
:spyder:
better to have a knife and not need it
than to need a knife and not have it
Damage1978

Post by Damage1978 »

jon shannow wrote:if theres a way i can be there i will be :)
DITTO. :)
Dan
A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.
v34

Post by v34 »

Me as well-A Scottish representative!
sal

Post by sal »

We're planning on an Amsterdam "seminar" in March before the IWA Show. I don't know how many of the Spyderco crew will be in northern Europe. It ws my understanding that some of the the crew going to the show would be going to south Europe.

I imagine it would be possible to arrange something if there was enough interest.

I guess the "where?" would be the first question.

sal
pjrocco

Post by pjrocco »

I'd love to see Spyderco put some type of list together for what shows they will be at for 2006.

Hopefully you will be coming to the Chicago area. :D
Rock
soa

Post by soa »

I'm only a neophyte - having a mere Manix, Endura, Waved Endura, MeerKat, Native I, Pen Knife, Spydercard - and casting covetous glances at a Poliwog... but I'd love to see the team in the UK.
UK KEN

Royal Armouries Leeds

Post by UK KEN »

sal wrote:
I imagine it would be possible to arrange something if there was enough interest.

I guess the "where?" would be the first question.

sal
I am sure that the numbers of people interested in a UK visit would make a trip worthwhile. :D

Leeds in West Yorkshire is almost at the centre of our country. It is the home of the Royal Armouries, which is well worth a visit by anyone who is interested in the history of the development or weapons, bladed or otherwise. It could also be the venue for the "UK seminar".

Leeds has an international airport, which happens to be five minutes away from my home. I would happily ferry the team between the airport and the chosen venue and show those interested around the armouries (it is one of my favourite haunts).

I appreciate you even considering a trip to the UK.

Regards, Ken
Damage1978

Post by Damage1978 »

UK KEN wrote:I am sure that the numbers of people interested in a UK visit would make a trip worthwhile. :D

Leeds in West Yorkshire is almost at the centre of our country. It is the home of the Royal Armouries, which is well worth a visit by anyone who is interested in the history of the development or weapons, bladed or otherwise. It could also be the venue for the "UK seminar".

Regards, Ken
I'll second Leeds. Since I don't drive it's actually somewhere I could easily get to. :D

P.S. I've only managed to get to the Royal Armouries once :o (Keep meaning to go again, but never seem to get around to it) but it is well worth a visit.
Dan
A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.
Jezter46

Post by Jezter46 »

I will certainly attend a Spyderco event in the UK. :D

This is my first post here, although I have lurked for a long while! My Spyderco collection has grown like mad (my wife would agree) over the last 18 months. I have most current models, and now have most of the major Spyderco commemoratives (Evolution, Worker, Delica 25th, WTC) . Looking forward to the new forum knife this year, plus the Kumo and Mini Manix of course! Long live the great Spyder factory, and thanks in particular for the UK Penknife, of which I now have 3!

Hope to post here more often from now on. Best wishes to all fellow Spydernuts!
jon shannow

Post by jon shannow »

any where close a deicent airport is fine for me :D
:spyder:
better to have a knife and not need it
than to need a knife and not have it
mikewww

Post by mikewww »

Welcome to the forum, Jezter46 ! As you already have a few :spyder: s, you will already be a victim of Spyderaddiction ! It seems to affect us all.

I was born in London just after the war, and have a daughter working in advertising in London. Have only visited in 1985, but still have a deep-seated longing to come back !

Cheers

Mike
philuk44

Post by philuk44 »

Well Ken, Leeds would get my vote - been a couple of years since I was at the Royal Armouries so I'm overdue a visit anyway. For anyone who hasn't been it is well worth a look and as Ken points out Leeds is pretty central and easy to get to.

Jezter46 - welcome to the forum. Sounds like a pretty cool collection you've got there! :D

Phil
The General

Post by The General »

As I have offered on several occasions to help out... ;)

Leeds sounds great to me. In particular it would be nice to visit the Armoury with the Spyderco crew and make a day of it! :cool:

Sal has an amazing understanding of steel through history and I am quite sure he could surprise the staff of the Armoury with his keen insights. :)
My real name is Wayne :D
UK KEN

Building steam!

Post by UK KEN »

Gentlemen...

.......Not wanting to jump the gun, if the visit goes ahead, I think that I can secure conference room facilities in the centre of Leeds free of charge. :D

Ken
sal

Post by sal »

Hi General, I'm sure you would be a big help. (Gail says "hi". says she added a whale to your duck ;) ).

I do think you overestimate my knowledge though, but thanx for the vote of confidence.

Leeds could work, our distributor is in Macclesfield. Timing would have to be early March to work with the Dutch seminar and the IWA show. Crew would probably be Eric, Gail & me.

sal