kydex knife sheaths

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Mr.C

kydex knife sheaths

Post by Mr.C »

hello everyone, i'm new here. just wanted to ask if i was the only one who had seen an article in of of the many knife magazines a little while back concerning kydex knife sheaths that were worn either around the neck or on a belt. i believe it was an outfitter for whitewater expeditions or something of the sort. i think also they had some sheaths made for specific knives such as the spyderco endura and benchmade emerson cqc-6 folders. does anyone here have ANY info on these? thanks in advance!
vampyrewolf

Post by vampyrewolf »

Welcome...

We have a maker of such things on this forum. He is the owner of SkunkWorks. Good luck.

We all start with 10 fingers. Those with Spydies have 9 to spare, Still need a thumb. Good thing I still have 8 to spare...
ronin203

Post by ronin203 »

I saw that article in one of the yearly issues of combat knives, which is published by Guns&Ammo. I think the article was written by James Keating. You can probably get more info on his website.
Paul Rouleau

Post by Paul Rouleau »

Hello Mr.C.I believe you are looking for River City Sheaths.Go to www.rivercitysheaths.com.The website is not up yet but there is an e-mail address.
sal

Post by sal »

Hi Mr.C. Welcome to the Spyderco forum.

You too Paul.

sal
Clay Kesting

Post by Clay Kesting »

Mr.C,

As Paul said the maker you are looking for is Mike Sastre of River City Sheaths. He makes an excellent neck sheath which carries the knife tip-up and allows a very quick draw by pulling the knife out by the hole and "dropping" the handle to open. The sheaths can also be lashed to a PFD. Mike is an experienced white-water kayaker and his sheaths are top notch. I believe they are available from the the Spyderco Factory Outlet and also here http://www.bladeart.com/production/spyd ... yderco.htm.

Clay

Don't worry that the world might end tomorrow, in Australia it's tomorrow already.
Mike Sastre

Post by Mike Sastre »

Yes, the sheaths in the Combat Knives article by James Keating (and one in Tactical Knives by Jerry VanCook) are mine - River City Sheaths. I make them for most all the Spydies in neck, pack, or belt configurations. For some pursuits, like whitewater boating or rock climbing, the pocket clip isn't going to allow enough security for your knife, due to forces involved. This is where a Concealex or kydex sheath is really handy. There are other makers doing similar products also.