Just found a plain edge s30v gunting

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Gallaghe

Post by Gallaghe »

[quote="smcfalls13"]See the other thread for info about the Trainer and videos.

I'm curious though, was the Gunting you got off Ebay an S30V PE? If so, you got extremely lucky, because I watch Ebay carefully when it comes to Guntings, and if an S30V PE slipped under my radar, I'm going to feel pretty stupid ]
Both of mine are 440V with a black clip. Never knew there was a S30V version.

Found a drone at Newgraham web site, still looking for a trainer.

Now I am curious and compelled to find a S30V :D

Currently my two favorite folders are the Gunting (although not trained in it yet) and Emerson Karambit.
Stay Safe!
Kevin S. Gallagher
DAYWALKER

Post by DAYWALKER »

Gallaghe wrote:Both of mine are 440V with a black clip. Never knew there was a S30V version.

Found a drone at Newgraham web site, still looking for a trainer.

Now I am curious and compelled to find a S30V :D

Currently my two favorite folders are the Gunting (although not trained in it yet) and Emerson Karambit.
Aloha and welcome Gallaghe,

Hmmmm, another partaker of Kinetic Kool Aid, eh? :D Right on! One thing...

You mentioned you found a drone at NGK, by that do you mean the Red one? THAT is the trainer... ;) OR, do you mean trainer as in *someone* to train you?

Sorry, I appear to be exhibiting ghostrider like symptoms of analyzation... :o :D

Congrats and God bless :cool:
Proverbs 16:3...Commit YOUR works to the LORD, and YOUR plans WILL succeed!

"Where's the best little big knife not designed by Sal or Eric?" ~ thombrogan, WSM

Avatar by my KnifeBrother, DiAlex...C102 Adventura designer, 2005 Spyderco Forum Knife! ;)
Gallaghe

Post by Gallaghe »

[quote="DAYWALKER"]
You mentioned you found a drone at NGK, by that do you mean the Red one? THAT is the trainer... ]

To me a "red one" is a training knife although I called it a trainer/drone. Sorry for the use of words to mislead.
Stay Safe!
Kevin S. Gallagher
smcfalls13

Post by smcfalls13 »

I have yet to find anyone that will train with me. Not exactly the most pleasant experience for the trainer. A little ramp rash and they start whining ;)
:spyder: Scott :spyder:

"We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give."
-Sir Winston Churchill-
DAYWALKER

Post by DAYWALKER »

Gallaghe wrote:To me a "red one" is a training knife although I called it a trainer/drone. Sorry for the use of words to mislead.
Aloha Gallaghe,

LOL, no probz...just that I been "hanging" with ghostrider a lot lately and his type A is rubbing off on me. :D

Do you remember the first appearance of the Gunting known as the REKAT Escalator?

God bless :cool:

"Where's the best little big knife not designed by Sal or Eric?" ~ thombrogan, WSM

Avatar by my KnifeBrother, DiAlex...C102 Adventura designer, 2005 Spyderco Forum Knife! ;)
DAYWALKER

Post by DAYWALKER »

[quote="smcfalls13"]I have yet to find anyone that will train with me. Not exactly the most pleasant experience for the trainer. A little ramp rash and they start whining ]

Oh I hear ya here Scott! Here I am with a guy weighing in at 360#'s at the time, ready to armbar me...man alive! :D

The trainer's job is never easy, but the trainer's benefit a GREAT deal from what they *do* and *see* while training. ;)

Attachments
Kinzie2.jpg
Kinzie2.jpg (38.34 KiB) Viewed 1609 times

Gallaghe

Post by Gallaghe »

DAYWALKER wrote:Aloha Gallaghe,

Do you remember the first appearance of the Gunting known as the REKAT Escalator?

No I don't but funny you mention that, this weekend at Blade West a vendor had a Spyderco which looked very very similar to the Gunting. He said many people mistake it for a Gunting, that is all I got out of him my friend. Would have been nice of me to have a camera to take a picture, post here to see what other members identified it as.
Stay Safe!
Kevin S. Gallagher
Gallaghe

Post by Gallaghe »

[quote="smcfalls13"]I have yet to find anyone that will train with me. Not exactly the most pleasant experience for the trainer. A little ramp rash and they start whining ]
I can never understand how someone can not forgo a little ramp rash when their life may depend on know how or not how to protect themselves? Go figure. I always welcome training partners, to bad we don't live closer.
Stay Safe!
Kevin S. Gallagher
DAYWALKER

Post by DAYWALKER »

Gallaghe wrote:No I don't but funny you mention that, this weekend at Blade West a vendor had a Spyderco which looked very very similar to the Gunting. He said many people mistake it for a Gunting, that is all I got out of him my friend. Would have been nice of me to have a camera to take a picture, post here to see what other members identified it as.
Aloha Gallaghe,

Tell me, did it look like this? I'llshow you a pic of the REKAT Escalator later...

Attachments
C40.jpg
C40.jpg (48.37 KiB) Viewed 1599 times