Plain edge 79 rescue?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Axlis

Post by Axlis »

JD Spydo wrote:
By the way where have you been hiding all this time :D ??? Also have you seen the Des Horn model that they have in the main line up? That model might just be your cup of tea because it's one of the best PE Wharnies I've seen in a while. Good to have you back my friend :)
I'm glad to be back on board, I often wonder where many of the old crew went.

Zenhertetic, Spydutch,, where are you?

Most of my time in the past few years has been dedicated to family, and pursuing a degree in mathematics. I've never stopped carrying/accumulating Spyderco knives, just spent a bit less time posting to the forum.
billy blade

Post by billy blade »

JD Spydo wrote:Am I missing something here??? OK I know we all have different preferences as to what we think a knife should be>> and I'm in no way knocking PE Rescue models at all. But what would be the advantage in a sheepsfoot plain edged design? And like I said earlier wouldn't the recently discontinued Breeden Rescue model cover the same bases that a PE 79mm version would?

I do remember that they had a PE version of the Mariner at one time>> but I was told that it didn't sell well at all. And I'm also wondering what advantage a sheepsfoot blade has over a Wharncliffe?

Now one thing I wouldn't mind seeing would be a Dyad version of the Rescue model with a PE & SE bladed double folder. That I believe would be a mariner's dream knife.
I don't disagree with your opinion on the Rescue needing a SE if you are going to use it for it's intended purpose. I have 5 Rescue models and 3 of them have been modified into wharncliff blades the other 2 a 79mm and a 93mm have not been modified. I really like a wharncliff blade shape and Spyderco does offer quite a few. If we could get a 79mm in pe I would mod it into a wharny. I love your idea on the Dyad version. I would buy one.