Poliwog pictures

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Mariner

Post by Mariner »

I'm looking here http://www.newgraham.com/spyderco_poliwog.htm wondering should I or shouldn't I?

Am I the only one who thinks that this little SS fella is a tad overpriced? It's more than twice the price of an SS Dragonfly, and almost twice the price of an SS Kiwi. It's even priced more than an SS Police for Pete's sake. What am I missing :confused:
To every complex problem, there are numerous, simple, easy-to-understand wrong answers.
Michael Cook

Post by Michael Cook »

:spyder: Well, first it has to pay for itself. The stretch is also around a hunnert dollars. :spyder:
More of what does not work will not work. Robin Cooper, Rokudan; Aikikai.

There is great power in the profound observation of the obvious. John Stone, Rokudan; Aikikai
Mariner

Post by Mariner »

Michael Cook wrote: :spyder: Well, first it has to pay for itself. The stretch is also around a hunnert dollars. :spyder:
Oh, well in that case, I can expect to see a significant price reduction well before it's discontinued .... NOT! I have a Stretch BTW, and I certainly would not put the diminutive Polywog in the same class.
To every complex problem, there are numerous, simple, easy-to-understand wrong answers.
Michael Cook

Post by Michael Cook »

Mariner wrote:Oh, well in that case, I can expect to see a significant price reduction well before it's discontinued .... NOT! I have a Stretch BTW, and I certainly would not put the diminutive Polywog in the same class.

:spyder: Do you mean the polywog does not compare in fit and finish? :spyder:
More of what does not work will not work. Robin Cooper, Rokudan; Aikikai.

There is great power in the profound observation of the obvious. John Stone, Rokudan; Aikikai
bpfsu

Post by bpfsu »

Michael Cook wrote: :spyder: Do you mean the polywog does not compare in fit and finish? :spyder:

I would say it most definitely does. I have both the Stretch and the Poliwog, and while I like the thinness and and size of the Stretch, I was a little disappointed in the fit and finish of it. The Kraton insert was not centered properly or completely glued down, so as I used it the Kraton started peeling away, and to keep the knife from being ruined aesthetically, I had to stop carrying it. That said, I haven't seen any problems with the Poliwog whatsoever.

BP
Hannibal Lecter

Hmmm...

Post by Hannibal Lecter »

My Dear Mariner,
Mariner wrote:Am I the only one who thinks that this little SS fella is a tad overpriced? It's more than twice the price of an SS Dragonfly, and almost twice the price of an SS Kiwi. It's even priced more than an SS Police for Pete's sake. What am I missing :confused:
You just have to handle one to understand; fit and finish is absolutely amazing. My complements to Eric Glesser and Spyderco on a job well-done!

--------
Hannibal
---------------------

"I have followed with enthusiasm the course of your disgrace and public shaming. My own never bothered me except for the inconvenience of being incarcerated, but you may lack perspective."
TheCarve

Post by TheCarve »

I second that HL.
charlie

Post by charlie »

Great Pictures!
I received my Pollywog last Friday. it is a big hit with me and is my daily carry for a while, Small but mighty. You need to hold it in your hand to appreciate the design, thanks Eric. :)
:spyder: Collector #047
C.P. Adams Jr.
spydercojoe

small is decieving

Post by spydercojoe »

Just needed to comment on the "I think i will pass cause it is small" quote.
Having recently purchased one and recieving it directly from Eric himself I did the unthinkable,,,, I clipped it to my pocket and have been using it., and wow, dont write this on off on size.
It actually fits in the hand like an extension of your hand and can really cut.
I was caught off guard by how solid it locks up even though that floating ball lock seems unsecure to the eyes---not--- it is as solid as Fort Knox.
Dont pass this one up!! A wolverine is not all that big in the animal world but I wouldnt want to tell him he is a whimp because of size,,,, would you?
Civilian

Post by Civilian »

Great pics guys, another one added to the "list".
MAT :spyder: TER
Just-American
WTC#1511
"Hunt You Down All Nightmare Long!"
"Civilian Lovers appreciate nice curves" insp. by Dr. Snubnose
Colin KC

Post by Colin KC »

Thanks for the small sebbie comparison Dalerich, nothing like a datum to gauge things by (no offence Paul, but you can't tell by someones hands alone)

Definitely on my must have list :D