A new old Spyderco model - K06 Filet

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Ted

A new old Spyderco model - K06 Filet

Post by Ted »

A forumite (Brent) has been scanning the 1993 catalog pages for me and they are coming in via e-mail. I just opened page 6 and was amazed to see a new old knife there. I've never before noticed the K06 'Filet' knife. After some Googling I found out it's also mentioned in the Spyderco Story Book. Funny that nobody noticed it was missing from the list... :confused: :eek:
Attachments
1993p6.jpg
1993p6.jpg (78.25 KiB) Viewed 1374 times
smcfalls13

Post by smcfalls13 »

Looks like a massive fixed Catcherman :D

Now that you pointed that out, I just went and checked the list. I'm also wondering where the K07 is. There is a K06 and K08, so that leads me to believe where the other is.

Hey Ted, I just checked again, where are C86, FB06, FB07, and B02

Still missing a clipit, two fixed blades, and a bali ;)

I'm assuming they haven't been released yet, as you've been very thorough with the others.

Keep up the good work. :D
:spyder: Scott :spyder:

"We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give."
-Sir Winston Churchill-
The Deacon

Post by The Deacon »

Interesting find Ted. My "excuse" is a lack of the '93 Catalog. Kitchen sharps do not appear at all in the '94??? ("big blue marble") consumer brochure. One has to wonder if any of the K06 were actually manufactured, or if something caused them not to reach production and they exist only in that advertisment.
Paul
My Personal Website ---- Beginners Guide to Spyderco Collecting ---- Spydiewiki
Deplorable :p
WTC # 1458 - 1504 - 1508 - Never Forget, Never Forgive!
b-elliott

Post by b-elliott »

Ted,
Glad you got them. Never noticed the K06 myself. Maybe I should look at the catalogs I have a little more closely. The walker in this catalog looks different than what made it to the stores also, so Decon is probably right.
-------------------------------------------------------

Brent Elliott :spyder:
Ted

Post by Ted »

b-elliot wrote:Ted,
Glad you got them. Never noticed the K06 myself. Maybe I should look at the catalogs I have a little more closely. The walker in this catalog looks different than what made it to the stores also, so Decon is probably right.
Thanks again Brett! They're almost complete now. I've send you a mail on the missing ones. The Walker pivot indeed looks different! Must have been a proto or something.
Bruceter

Post by Bruceter »

Deacon,

They were some of the K06's produced. I have one and know of a couple of other people that have one. I don't use it a lot, but it is of typical Spyderco quality.

Bruceter
John F Jensen

Post by John F Jensen »

Yes, K06PBK was a fine knife. I believe it also had a sheath available.
They were 34.98 MSRP when discontinued.
JD Spydo

Being we're on the subject

Post by JD Spydo »

Being that we are on the subject of fillet knives I can't help but ask: Ok if this fixed blade fillet knife hit the scene at around 1993-1994 or sometime around that era then I wonder about the Catcherman. I have 2 of the older yellow Catchermans. Both of them were made of AUS-8 blade steel. One of them is fully serrated and one 25/75 like the ones currently being manufactured.

So when did the Yellow Catchermans hit the scene? Were the yellow ones the first Catchermans?

Now on the older K-06? What kind of blade steel was it made from? Being it had a sheath available was it marketed to the commercial fishing industry?

I sure wish Spyderco would have a more extensive line of fixed blades for various purposes. ;) :spyder:
Long Live the SPYDEREDGE Spyderco Hawkbills RULE!!
Ted

Post by Ted »

Bruceter wrote:Deacon,

They were some of the K06's produced. I have one and know of a couple of other people that have one. I don't use it a lot, but it is of typical Spyderco quality.

Bruceter
Bruceter, could you measure the overall length of one? - Thanks! -
kahrk9

Post by kahrk9 »

I had a K 06 filet knife. It was great for boning out meats, fileting & what not. Someone I worked with snapped off several inches of the tip so I threw it out. I have never forgotten that knife. I have bought several flexible boning knives in the last 10 years but none were as good as that spyderco.
I still have & use my santoku from 10 years ago.

Richard
Bruceter

Post by Bruceter »

Ted,

I'll get you a measurement when I get home this evening.

Bruceter
Bruceter

Post by Bruceter »

It's 11-1/4" over all length with a blade that is 6".

Bruceter