How do you afford so many Spyderco's?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
David Lowry

How do you afford so many Spyderco's?

Post by David Lowry »

I wonder......how do you guys afford so many Spyderco's?

I ask because it seems that many people are buying a forum knife. I see threads all the time like "I just picked up these 3 knives".

Someone posts a good deal on the bay and people chime in and say "couldn't pass it up.....got one too" or something similar.

Like how much money do you guys spend per month on knives?

I have a wife and child and I know I'm not the only one here like that. I "could" spend money on knives all the time but then I'd be putting nothing in savings, and not putting it toward other things. For instance, today I replaced my kitchen sink, faucet, and the garbage disposal. Probably about $400 total in stuff purchased. I could have spend that money on knives but that would be selfish in my opinion.

I have always been the type of guy that wanted to collect but cannot. My money is needed other places.

So I'm just wondering.....are you all just wealthy?.....or do you not have money going into retirement?.....do you just spend every extra cent on knives?.....do you curb car maintenance in lou of knives?

I wonder because the things that I mentioned above are the things I would have to do/be to buy knives all the time. I'd also have to never buy my kid toys....or do home improvements etc.

Please don't make this into a flame war. Let's keep this civil.

How do you find the money to buy knives all the time?

:)
J Smith

Post by J Smith »

I am in the same boat as you.I just happened to sell a couple things right before the forum knife thread came up so that cash is going for it.I still had some left so I picked up a couple spyder cards.
I keep my toy cash seperate from everything else so its not like takeing it out of the family buget.
[CENTER]0 0[/CENTER]
[CENTER]<[/CENTER]
[CENTER]\____/[/CENTER]
Vincent

Post by Vincent »

I have ties to the NYC mafia, Bonanno family to be exact. I make my money by laundering it throgh a huge sum of scams. racketeering. at its finest.

j/k

I just save my money and buy a knife whenever I find one that I really like. Im only 20 so its not relaly a problem. 1 knife is only 2 hrs of work,
WORKER#9

addicted

Post by WORKER#9 »

I just beg for forgiveness rather than ask for permission :D The wifes given up!
Titus

Post by Titus »

Vincent wrote:I have ties to the NYC mafia, Bonanno family to be exact. I make my money by laundering it throgh a huge sum of scams. racketeering. at its finest.,
I should have suspected that.
Vincent wrote:I just save my money and buy a knife whenever I find one that I really like. Im only 20 so its not relaly a problem. 1 knife is only 2 hrs of work,
You've got some job Vincent. :eek:
vass

Post by vass »

Vincent wrote:I have ties to the NYC mafia, Bonanno family to be exact. I make my money by laundering it throgh a huge sum of scams. racketeering. at its finest.

j/k

I just save my money and buy a knife whenever I find one that I really like. Im only 20 so its not relaly a problem. 1 knife is only 2 hrs of work,
winnie !
if you stopped buying all those plane ticket´s to
everybody and his mom !
you save a ton of cash and could eat as many heroes as you wanted !
and also buy a few spydies in the process !

vass
:spyder: DOG WILL HUNT :spyder:
Vincent

Post by Vincent »

RESCUECOM, is wear i worked in the summer. $depending on job, I got different wages. Minimum was $34 an hr. Thogh Its not like a real job, just always have to be on call to fix pcs
Jimmy_Dean

Post by Jimmy_Dean »

I'm in the "spend every extra cent on knives" category.
I work overtime as often as possible and save everything I can. It's not always easy but what can I say? Buying knives make me happy!
Vincent

Post by Vincent »

you guys do understand that I was Joking.
Ed Meinel

Post by Ed Meinel »

Very simple, David -- life goes in phases. When my kids were growing up, I got diddly-squat for myself beyond what was necessary. Now that they are grown, I have more freedom to support other ventures such as Spyderco knives. We also support artists and musicians by only buying from living artists -- buying dead-guy art only puts money in the hands of speculators.

Patience, my young paduan, your time will come.

"There is a time for everything under heaven." Ecclesiastes
Ed Meinel

Post by Ed Meinel »

Vincent wrote:you guys do understand that I was Joking.
I knew you were joking -- Joe Bananas moved to Tucson a long time ago. :p
Dr. Snubnose

Post by Dr. Snubnose »

I like to collect bladed weapons...I afford it by not taking vacations...I don't do any type of gambling...I don't drink...I don't go to watch $15 movies...I use sythentic oil in my car so I don't need to change it for 15,000 miles...etc etc. etc....in other words I don't spend extra saved cash by not doing something and invest it into knives...this is what gives me pleasure...so you don't have to be rich to afford and collect knives or anything else...you just have to be willing to give something else up....Doc :D
"Always Judge a man by the way he treats someone who could be of no possible use to him"

*Custom Avatar with the Help of Daywalker*
rainman

Post by rainman »

David Lowry wrote:I wonder......how do you guys afford so many Spyderco's?
Mac-n-Cheese!! :D
---Tom
Titus

Post by Titus »

Vincent wrote:you guys do understand that I was Joking.
I don't think so. ;)
Vincent

Post by Vincent »

rainman wrote:Mac-n-Cheese!! :D
---Tom
IL do ya one better

tOP rAMEN
Titus

Post by Titus »

Vincent wrote:IL do ya one better

tOP rAMEN
Not very good for you though. Vincent, what if your football coach found out that you were eating Ramen noodles?
Vincent

Post by Vincent »

Titus wrote:Not very good for you though. Vincent, what if your football coach found out that you were eating Ramen noodles?
well I dont relaly like it to much. only had it once or twice. Just somthing alot of poor college kids eat.

so i thought id say it.
severedthumbs

Post by severedthumbs »

:eek: I just bought a $2700 knife :eek: . w00t w00t
Hannibal Lecter

Work For Knives?

Post by Hannibal Lecter »

Good day, all.

The shop I worked at for ten years will still sell me knives at wholesale in return for my not raising my rates for PC support. I exchange PC service for knives, so my buying habits directly correspond to how often their machines have an issue... :D

--------
Hannibal
---------------------

"I have followed with enthusiasm the course of your disgrace and public shaming. My own never bothered me except for the inconvenience of being incarcerated, but you may lack perspective."
Vincent

Post by Vincent »

Hannibal Lecter wrote:Good day, all.

The shop I worked at for ten years will still sell me knives at wholesale in return for my not raising my rates for PC support. I exchange PC service for knives, so my buying habits directly correspond to how often their machines have an issue... :D

--------
Hannibal
which can be easily be faked or set up on your behalf.

lol, i love computers,.