Forum Knife - Spyderco Response

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Mr Blonde

Post by Mr Blonde »

I had the privilege of confirming my order with Kristi in person :D , and I got to handle the prototype too. My main impression, although the knife looks very different and more angular from the regular spydie line-up, the ergos and weight 'magic' are there. Great knife, can't wait to stick it in my pocket. It will be tough deciding between it and my Scorpius.

Wouter
My Spyderco Pics & Reviews: www.spydercollector.com
Last website update: 4-01-2024 Instagram
dialex

Post by dialex »

DAYWALKER wrote:If ya got time Alex, please could ya do one with black handle and silver blade and parts? You know, to simulate either G10, or FRN with an H1 blade!
Sorry for the delay, the grinder was out of order ;) G-10 and full flat gind. With a silver bug embedded in the handles if you like ;)
Attachments
C102_G10.jpg
C102_G10.jpg (16.32 KiB) Viewed 864 times
The mind commands the body and it obeys. The mind orders itself and meets resistance.
ront

Post by ront »

That's PRETTY!!!!!!

Ron
J Smith

Post by J Smith »

There is a proto that looks just about like that.
[CENTER]0 0[/CENTER]
[CENTER]<[/CENTER]
[CENTER]\____/[/CENTER]
smcfalls13

Post by smcfalls13 »

That's nce looking. Perhaps a little further down the road we'll all be pre-ordering these as well. ;)
:spyder: Scott :spyder:

"We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give."
-Sir Winston Churchill-
Hillbillenigma

Post by Hillbillenigma »

WOW!! Love that look with the G-10 and Spyder embedded. I'll keep my fingers crossed on that one!
rainman

Are they here yet?

Post by rainman »

I'm a little confused. Above I told of my Grandmother ordering the Dialex Adventura For Chistmas. She told me several days ago that a package had come from Spyderco. But this can't be the Forum knife, can it? She is really big on waiting until Christmas, so, I wonder what is in the package :confused: . Has anyone gotten the Forum knife yet?
Thanks,
---Tom
Vincent

Post by Vincent »

rainman wrote:I'm a little confused. Above I told of my Grandmother ordering the Dialex Adventura For Chistmas. She told me several days ago that a package had come from Spyderco. But this can't be the Forum knife, can it? She is really big on waiting until Christmas, so, I wonder what is in the package :confused: . Has anyone gotten the Forum knife yet?
Thanks,
---Tom
Dont think so, end of year is estimated.
smcfalls13

Post by smcfalls13 »

rainman wrote:I'm a little confused. Above I told of my Grandmother ordering the Dialex Adventura For Chistmas. She told me several days ago that a package had come from Spyderco. But this can't be the Forum knife, can it? She is really big on waiting until Christmas, so, I wonder what is in the package :confused: . Has anyone gotten the Forum knife yet?
Thanks,
---Tom
Did you mention any other knives to her as well? Women, especially older women, have memories like a computer, and she likely ordered another knife you forgot about already ;)

Forum knives wouldn't be shipping this fast.

But if they are, I'm not complaining.
:spyder: Scott :spyder:

"We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give."
-Sir Winston Churchill-
rainman

Post by rainman »

I did mention the ZDP189 Calypso Jr, but I told her I changed my mind. This was back during pre-order days. I still want one, someday. I don't think she is net savy enough to have found and ordered the Caly (not to put her down; she is having a hard time with AOL). Who knows, though :)
---Tom
rainman

Not here yet.....

Post by rainman »

Update: ;) After confirming that the Dialex Adventura has not shipped yet, I called my Grandmother. I asked her to check and see what Syderco had sent (the :spyder: -folks being known for sending people stuff every once in a while). She said she would call me right back. When she did, she was fairly embarrassed to say that the return label said "Neiman Marcus" on it. She was laughing and apologizing at the same time :o . I love my Grandmother, she is a trip :) . She said she didn't even look at the box, she just figured that it would be the :spyder: . Then when I told her when they are supposed to ship, she said "well what should I do? Should I cancel the check?" :eek:
No, no please don't do that!
As big as she is on not opening things until Christmas, she is equally adamant about opening things on Christmas. I told her if it was not there by then I would print out a picture of it for her to put in an envelope with a card. She was OK with that (Whew, still sweating) :D .
---Tom
DAYWALKER

Post by DAYWALKER »

rainman wrote:Update: ]on[/B] Christmas. I told her if it was not there by then I would print out a picture of it for her to put in an envelope with a card. She was OK with that (Whew, still sweating) :D .
---Tom
Aloha rainman!

Whew...I am assuming your vitals are all back to normal now? :D

I cannot wait for this Creation to arrive...I've seen it on screen, now to just see it in hand, in pocket, in hand... :)

God bless and thanks again my friend for the "info".
:cool:
Proverbs 16:3...Commit YOUR works to the LORD, and YOUR plans WILL succeed!

"Where's the best little big knife not designed by Sal or Eric?" ~ thombrogan, WSM

Avatar by my KnifeBrother, DiAlex...C102 Adventura designer, 2005 Spyderco Forum Knife! ;)
DAYWALKER

Post by DAYWALKER »

[quote="dialex"]Sorry for the delay, the grinder was out of order ]

Aloha Alex,

Wait...I gotta go find a pillow to scream in... :eek:

*AWESOME* KnifeBro!

But that cannot be *my* Adventura...the clip says it's The Deacon's! :p

Mahalo much my friend for getting the "grinder" started for us! WooooooooHoooooooooo!

God bless ;)
Proverbs 16:3...Commit YOUR works to the LORD, and YOUR plans WILL succeed!

"Where's the best little big knife not designed by Sal or Eric?" ~ thombrogan, WSM

Avatar by my KnifeBrother, DiAlex...C102 Adventura designer, 2005 Spyderco Forum Knife! ;)
Vincent

Post by Vincent »

Kristi, any idea of how many were sold total?