Militec-1 questions

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Zhang Fei

Militec-1 questions

Post by Zhang Fei »

Just ordered some Militec-1 from their website based on the good things I can remember hearing about it. Two things that I can't remember about it are; 1 - how effective is it for rust prevention? 2 - did someone mention it's best to heat it up with a hairdryer or something after applying it? And my final question is - how do I go about completely cleaning my knife of other lubricants before applying the new one? Just looking for a couple of tips, thanks.

ZF
knifenerd

Post by knifenerd »

Zhang

I'm not sure about rust prevention, but it is recommended to heat up the area to be lubricated with a hair dryer before application.

The reason for this is that it was developed as a high quality lubricant for semi-auto and auto weapons which develop significant heat in use. Militec gets better with heat. It's also good just out of the bottle.

Don't be afraid to repeat the process a couple of times to achieve your best results.

Dick AKTI #A001365
Zhang Fei

Post by Zhang Fei »

Ahhh (nodding head) heat it up before you apply the militec. Thanks knifenerd. Now, anybody know about it's rust prevention or a good way to clean knives up before putting new lube on them?

Thanks

ZF