A bit confused on accuracy of adds Re:Centofante III

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
STR

A bit confused on accuracy of adds Re:Centofante III

Post by STR »

I ordered one of the CIIIs the other day and thought I knew what I was getting. But today I found these adds saying it comes with an ATS34 blade

http://www.quickknife.com/c66pbk3.html

http://www.itactical.com/KNIVES/Spyderc ... e%2C+Plain

I thought it was VG10? Which is it? Also, do any of you guys have a better pic of this knife. Everyone I've seen is not that good and I'd also be interested in finding out one other minor detail: is the lock bar the same thickness as the blade on this knife or is it kind of like the same set up as the Catcherman since they both sport 2mm thick blades?

Thanks.
It is not necessary to do extraordinary things in life but only to do ordinary things extraordinarily well.

STR's Blog
Zrexxer

Post by Zrexxer »

The Deacon

Post by The Deacon »

The dealers may not have fully updated their info from the original incarnation of this knife, the compression lock Centofante Vesuvius, which shared the same model number and used ATS-34. As for the lockbar, looks about the same as all my other Spydercos, same width as the blade, so it's 2mm. Don't own a Catcherman, so not sure how it differs from other Spyderco lockbacks.
Paul
My Personal Website ---- Beginners Guide to Spyderco Collecting ---- Spydiewiki
Deplorable :p
WTC # 1458 - 1504 - 1508 - Never Forget, Never Forgive!
STR

Post by STR »

The Catcherman has a 2mm thick blade that is very thin and flexible. The lock bar however is the same thickness as the knives like the Delica and my Salt. I was just curious if the CIII is the same way or not. Not that it is that big of a deal. I'll find out here soon because NGK said it's on the way.
It is not necessary to do extraordinary things in life but only to do ordinary things extraordinarily well.

STR's Blog