Show us your lanyards!

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Stony

Post by Stony »

FIMS

Post by FIMS »

^Ofcourse, Scott at LZ is stand up. But those other links are good for getting beads in bulk.
Oderint Dum Metuant - Let them hate, so long as they fear.

:spyder:'s - I have sincerely now lost count.

http://www.spydiewiki.com/
http://spyderco.com/edge-u-cation/glossary.php
Creepo

Post by Creepo »

Here's a couple of mine, users paired with their matching bracelets:
Foliage green & kelley green snake knot with a GITD bead.
I felt 2 different shades of green was the way to go as it is the Grasshopper. :D
"The Ladybug of Death" LOL
Black & silver snake knot with plastic skull alongside an all black cobra stitch bracelet spiced up with same type of skulls.
In the Grasshopper and Ladybug the lanyard is actually functional, when using the knife, it works as a handle extension. The Grasshopper is pretty hard to open one handed, but with a lanyard you have more to grab on to when opening it.
Colonial & midnight blue square stitch w/ diamond knot alongside a cobra stitch bracelet with same colors.
Coyote brown CRK style lanyard (it's a hangman's noose to me...) alongside a matching foliage green & coyote tan zipper sinnet bracelet
Creepo

Post by Creepo »

Heres a closeup on the bracelets

And here's some lanyards I made for friends
Made using a cross weave and a shift of direction at mid point, finished with a diamond knot.
You just gotta love hot pink & black. :D
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

Here's my new one...big thanks to Stony who hooked me up with the skulls :cool:

I also stole his idea with the cobra stitch and double skulls....hey, imitation is the sincerest form of flattery right? Plus with the style holes in the skulls, it just works out great ;)
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
Visual Articulation

Post by Visual Articulation »

I tend to use cobra stitch to keep a thin profile.I just slapped one on the new spydie! Image
gbelleh

Post by gbelleh »

Be careful, kitty!

Nice work to everyone, but I'm not a lanyard guy. Just got my first one (attached to my Perrin PPT). It's removed now. I find they just get in the way.
:bug-red-white
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

Yeah i thought i'd like one too but nah just extra baggage. I still like making them though.
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
Stony

Post by Stony »

Evil D wrote:Here's my new one...big thanks to Stony who hooked me up with the skulls :cool:

I also stole his idea with the cobra stitch and double skulls....hey, imitation is the sincerest form of flattery right? Plus with the style holes in the skulls, it just works out great ;)
Looks fantastic. I'm just glad they got used, before I lost them.
Zendemic

Post by Zendemic »

I like the look of the Chris Reeves lanyards, but not the actual knot it's self. I tie a long Matthew Walker's knot in stead. It's not as easy to un-tie as the CRK Knot but it dosn't loosten up on you either...

Just a simple Glowfob from AndyGold over at CPFM that i tied up ti make a nice lanyard for my Native...
Stormdrane

Post by Stormdrane »

I've done some letter/number/character shapes before with knotwork(example). This one is done with attached series of lanyard knots, with 1.4mm cord. When I showed someone what I'd made, I was holding it at an angle, and they said/asked, "You made a cartoon character?". I turned it upright and said no, it's the initials "DH". But looking at it, it could be a little demon with horns, or maybe a 'kitteh', in which case I don't think I'm gonna keep it on my knife, lol...

Pneumothorax

Post by Pneumothorax »

LOL! On my ipad, i could only see the top image and i thought you had made a little man or something! Then i read your story and scrolled down to see the initials. Too funny.
2011: G10 Dragonfly ^ Breeden Rescue ^ Bug ^ Honeybee ^ Centofante 3 ^ Woodcraft Mule ^SFO Visit Buys = Frn Stretch & Native 4 CF!! ^ Salt 1 ^ Burgundy Calypso ZDP-189 ^ Walker Blue Almite ^ Native 5 ^ Squeak ^ Chaparral ^ Urban Olive Green ^ STREET BEAT!!...
2012: Caly Jr (vintage/NIB!), SS Navigator-fave LBK of all time, Jester, Orange Dodo, CS Orange PM2,Techno, Bradley! AIR!!
prime77

Post by prime77 »

Stormdrane

Post by Stormdrane »

Short 4 bight turks head knots(9L4B), in 1.4mm cord over paracord, with snake knots.
Stormdrane

Post by Stormdrane »

A long turks head knot(109 lead 4 bight) over paracord lanyard. The TH knot is made with 1.4mm black and tan cord, about 2 ft long, over a doubled up strand of black paracord, with lanyard knot/loop at one end, and swivel clip/snap hook at the other end...

spankone

Post by spankone »

Stormdrane

Post by Stormdrane »

A flat braided leather lanyard, made with 3 six foot lengths of 2mm round leather cord.

Irish Lager

Post by Irish Lager »

been a while since ive been on, can't believe how advanced some of you guys are getting. im so far behind!
Say what you mean, Mean what you say! :spyder:

Stormdrane

Post by Stormdrane »

Happy Holidays to all the knot tyers out there tangled in cord...
wsdavies

Post by wsdavies »

Nice!
Stormdrane wrote:A long turks head knot(109 lead 4 bight) over paracord lanyard. The TH knot is made with 1.4mm black and tan cord, about 2 ft long, over a doubled up strand of black paracord, with lanyard knot/loop at one end, and swivel clip/snap hook at the other end...

Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure... than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat.
Theodore Roosevelt