Got my Lil' Temperance today...

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
dragn_flame

Post by dragn_flame »

I'm also a member of the Lil Temp Five Club, lol
I switched to tip up, no locktite on threads, but switched back to tip down carry, the guard seemed to hang up in pocket when removing from pocket, plus I was a lil concerned cause the blade opens real easy & didn't want to get :spyder: bite lol, I've experienced the comp lock pinch on the S30V models, no big deal, but......you won't see any of my lil temps on ebay lol, trade material ....maybe
tom
golem

Post by golem »

Darn it! You guys are killing me!
I still remember half a year ago I let go a Lil'T at $80 since I thought the new model was to come out early this year.

PLZZ SHOW SOME MERCY! SAL!
slick228

Lil’ Temperance 2

Post by slick228 »

I also thought that there was a Lil’ Temperance 2 in the works. Can anyone confirm this? Sal? Ted? If so, what aspects of the knife are being updated? When can we expect it? Thanks in advance.

:spyder:
bpfsu

Post by bpfsu »

Samhain73 wrote:I got mine off the E-channel. P.S. The Temp bit me, I guess it likes me! :D :spyder:

Excuse my ignorance, but what's the E-Channel?

BP
Samhain73

Post by Samhain73 »

E-bay! Just saw it and couldn't resist!
Beat13

Post by Beat13 »

I just received a lil temp as well. At first the price was discouraging me because I have never spent that much on a knife but I am very happy that I did. It truly is everything I could want in a knife, with custom knife quality at a bargain price. This knife will last a VERY long time. Worker #9 you were the one who convinced me to take the plunge especially after seeing your pictures.
WORKER#9

Post by WORKER#9 »

Beat13 wrote:I just received a lil temp as well. At first the price was discouraging me because I have never spent that much on a knife but I am very happy that I did. It truly is everything I could want in a knife, with custom knife quality at a bargain price. This knife will last a VERY long time. Worker #9 you were the one who convinced me to take the plunge especially after seeing your pictures.
THANK YOU I HOPE IT LIVES UP TO MY CONSTANT PRAISE BUT I AM SURE IT WILL IT IS ONE COOL STOUT KNIFE AND THE MORE YOU USE IT THE MORE YOU LIKE IT. I WISH YOU THE BEST WITH YOUR LIL TEMP. #9
The Cool

Post by The Cool »

I have to agree with previous posters. I own lots of folders, high-end prodo's, customs etc and the Lil'T is one of the best. The Lil'T is extremely underated and unsung heavy duty little folder.
JD Spydo

You don't say??

Post by JD Spydo »

GEE Worker #9 I didn't realize you even liked the Lil Temperance :D . I thought you were more of a Ladybug man ;) :D It truly scares me to no end how many blades we agree on. I am sure that we at least came from the same planet or something. I would be interested to have a DNA experiment done to determine why all of this is. You also got to admit that Zowada is a hidden sleeper/classic. I have 5 of the Lil Ts and I can't bring myself to part with any of them. That knife literally has a cult following of sorts don't you think?

The only other knives I feel that strongly about are the Centofante II, Massad Ayoob, Anything of Bob LUm's, and the Hawkbills. ;) :spyder:

You know maybe they ought to make a Ladybug replica of the Lil T :D

More total Spyder insanity from the files of JD :spyder: O
WORKER#9

Post by WORKER#9 »

Jd Spydo Good To Have You Back... And On That Ladybug, When They Come With A Desert Camo Handle All Be All Over One. Ah The Lil Temp I Could Go On For Ever About This Knife. It Does Not Get Better At Any Price!! Oh Yes The Zowada, Truly One Of The Most Overlooked Of All The Spyderco Knives.

Zowada....
sal

Post by sal »

There is a new Lil Temp in the works, but it is currently on a back burner.

We have so many projects in the works that some move slower than others. The Lil Temp has not been a great seller, so more study is required before coming out with another one.

sal
Mr Blonde

Post by Mr Blonde »

Nice to see my fave Spydie of all time has an increasing fanbase!
My standard recipe for channging clips and how to deal with the loctite screws, is to take the leatherman pliers (they grip without slipping) and unscrew one turn. This way you unlock the loctite, without stripping the screwhead. Also, this method has never resulted in stripped 'screwholes'. You are left with tiny marks on the outside of the screwhead, where the pliers grip, but the clip always comes off, and the screws remain functional.

Enjoy the Li'l Temp!

Wouter
My Spyderco Pics & Reviews: www.spydercollector.com
Last website update: 4-01-2024 Instagram
smcfalls13

I agree

Post by smcfalls13 »

I picked up a Lil' Temp recently, because of all the great things I had heard about it here. I gotta say, that I have to agree with the general consensus here. That knife is SOLID.

I was on the fence about compression locks until handling this knife, and even now I still prefer lockbacks, but the compression lock is fun to handle, even for a lefty. The pivot is tight enough that the blade won't fly open in my pocket, but loose enough that I can disengage the lock and the blade will drift closed with gravity. I was sitting watching a movie and continuously opening and closing the knife(a dangerous practice, I know), and I was not quite paying attention to how close I was to the cushion on the couch... :o

For the record, just the momentum of the blade closing was enough to put a nice long hole in the upholstery. It's now covered by the remote, but I only give it a few days before someone notices. I better get a cat between now and then, just so I can blame the cat. :cool:
Senate

Post by Senate »

sal wrote: We have so many projects in the works that some move slower than others.
sal
It's time to release something Sal! that Walker was like an eternity ago, I need a new fix... :rolleyes: :)
Alexandre.
-------------------------------------------------
Spyderco WTC#1978
WORKER#9

Post by WORKER#9 »

sal wrote:There is a new Lil Temp in the works, but it is currently on a back burner.

We have so many projects in the works that some move slower than others. The Lil Temp has not been a great seller, so more study is required before coming out with another one.

sal
BACK BURNER!!! WHAT... OH THATS FINE THE WAY I SEE IT TAKE YOUR TIME AND DO IT RIGHT! IT IS ONE OF THOSE KNIVES THAT YOU EITHER LOVE OR YOU HAVE NOT TRIED YET!!!!!! I LOVE IT, AND HERE IS WHY, THE THICK SPINE OF THE BLADE, THE THICK BEEFY HANDLES THAT GRIP YOUR HAND BACK. WHEN I USE IT I FEEL THAT THERE IS NO WAY IT WILL COME OUT OF YOUR HAND, NO WAY THE BLADE WILL BREAK OR FAIL, IT IS THIS FEELING OF CONFIDENCE THAT IT INSPIRES,THAT MAKES ME TRULY LOVE IT. I FEEL I CAN TRUST THIS KNIFE IN THE GRAVEST EXTREME, IN A SURVIVAL SITUATION, OR JUST ABOUT ANY THING I COME UP AGAINST. I HOPE THAT THE LIL TEMP TWO DOES NOT DEVIATE FROM THE QAULITIES. PLEASE DO NOT. I WILL SAY THIS SAL, I NEVER EVEN CONSIDERED THE KNIFE BECAUSE OF THE NAME, LIL AND I JUST ASSUMMED IT WAS WELL LIL, BUT ITS NOT. UNLIKE THE MILITARY OR THE POLICE, IN THE WORLD OF MARKETING TO MEN THESE ARE NO BRAINERS!! AND I OWNED BOTH OF THOSE MODELS BEFORE I SAW A PIC OF THE LIL TEMP AND HAD TO HAVE ONE. THE LIL TEMP FOR ME IS THE ONE! BUT I HAD TO BECOME A SPYDER JUNKY BEFORE I KNEW TO EVEN BUY ONE. JUST MY OPINION BUT ON THE NAME. OH YES ONE MORE THING SAL I REALLY LOVE THE GREEN HANDLES SO PLEASE KEEP EM GREEN ON LIL TEMP 2. #9
JD Spydo

Yes, Amen and then some

Post by JD Spydo »

Worker #9 and I dangerously agree on so much. I have to vent my feelings now about this upcoming new edition of the Lil' Temperance. As much as I totally respect Mr. Glesser and everything that the Great Spyder Factory stands for I must voice my dis-pleasure about the thought of a modified Lil' Temperance entering the market. It is like Worker says: It is a classic in it's own rite. It is almost the equivalent of making a cheaper Rolex watch or something even more crazy than that. Just simply wait until the demand swells ( which it is doing and will be getting more so as time goes on) and even offer it in different handle colors, different blade configurations. I personally am a "combo edge" man. I have so many Spyders that are combo edge. That's one reason why I waited so long to get a Lil'T because they didn't offer it in combo edge. Like I said make about 6 or 8 different handle colors. Even make one with a modified lanyard and H-1 steel for our "maritime" knife users ( of which there are many). NO, No, NO!!! Please don't change it. It is like the old "Cliche" goes: IF it Ain't broke, then don't try to fix it. The Lil' T is a sterling example of a Spyderco that for what ever reason had to be discontinued before aficionados like myself and other fine members of this esteemed Forum realized what they had. It's like the old "Joni Mitchell song said: " You don't know what you got till it's gone" LONG LIVE THE Lil' Temperance :cool: JD :spyder: O
ATR216

Post by ATR216 »

I waited too long for a price drop and missed out....I wish they would do do
one more run of the PE Lil' temp :D ...VG30
The Cool

Post by The Cool »

sal wrote:There is a new Lil Temp in the works, but it is currently on a back burner.

sal
Is this the new Lil'T with more rounded handles?

I've often been puzzled to why the Lil'T hasn't received more plaudits than it gets. There are so many folders on the market that claim to be 'heavy duty' tacticals and the Lil'T is woefully underrated. Perhaps because Spyderco uses a less gung-ho approach to marketing? Or something simple, like not having black handles? Or maybe even the name itself? (Lil'Temperance is one of my all time favourite knife names BTW)

In my opinion for it's blade length, it's probably the best of the lot. There's so many very clever, functional design features. It's another example of Spyderco pushing knife design forward and 'thinking different' (to borrow Apple's little motto).

It's truly a hidden treasure.

Thanks for the LT Sal.
Michael Cook

Post by Michael Cook »

The Cool wrote:I've often been puzzled to why the Lil'T hasn't received more plaudits than it gets.
:p no blood groove :p
More of what does not work will not work. Robin Cooper, Rokudan; Aikikai.

There is great power in the profound observation of the obvious. John Stone, Rokudan; Aikikai
Dr. Snubnose

Post by Dr. Snubnose »

Once you pick one up in your hands you know you have a well thought out quality folding knife to comfortable not to handle, and fondle, and open and close over and over. I own the trailing blade...I would be remise if I didn't own this one...it's a keeper and if the blade is a little larger (HINT) I won't pass on the chance to own LiL Temp II....Doc ;)
"Always Judge a man by the way he treats someone who could be of no possible use to him"

*Custom Avatar with the Help of Daywalker*