newest addition to your spydie family

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
The Deacon

Post by The Deacon »

Latest addition to my collection arrived a few days ago. One that had eluded me for quite some time...

[CENTER]Image[/CENTER]

...the Santa Fe "Earthling" Police. This one goes straight into the showcase.

[CENTER]Image[/CENTER]

Pehaps that's part of the reason that what really has me exicted is the Atlantic Salt that's on its way back from STR. THAT will go straight into my pocket when it arrives. :D
Paul
My Personal Website ---- Beginners Guide to Spyderco Collecting ---- Spydiewiki
Deplorable :p
WTC # 1458 - 1504 - 1508 - Never Forget, Never Forgive!
spydutch

Post by spydutch »

That's a real beauty Paul :cool:
Arend(old school Spydie lover)

MEMBER OF THE INTERNATIONAL ORDER OF THE SPYDEREDGE!!!

VERY PROUD OWNER OF A CALY III/SE #043 :D

....AND A FG(PARA) MILITARY/SE IN CPMD2(thanx Sal):cool:

...I would love to have one in full SpyderEdge:p
Irish Lager

Post by Irish Lager »

I love that Police,
Looks absolutely beautiful. Thanks for sharing, cant wait to see that atlantic when you get it back.
J
Say what you mean, Mean what you say! :spyder:

UCD Chris

Post by UCD Chris »

Today a package arrived with the three knives I ordered earlier this month. Inside was a PE Meerkcat that I am giving to my girlfriend to use at the stable and a yellow SE Atlantic Salt for me. Also in the box was an EDC gift for my brother: CE SS Delica 4.
TheKnifeCollector

Post by TheKnifeCollector »

My newest :spyder: :spyder: :spyder: edition is the CF Military. Before that I received a D'Allara 2. I have a D4 and 2 ZDP Delica's on order.
"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion."
recoil

Post by recoil »

I got this one a short while ago and am finally getting around to playing with it, It's 1 of the 30 dinosaur bone gift executives in the original spyderco gift box. Needless to say it will not be in EDC rotation :)

dave
Attachments
DB Kiwi.jpg
DB Kiwi.jpg (47.16 KiB) Viewed 1688 times
The Deacon

Another one joins the flock

Post by The Deacon »

Yet another little jewel from Santa Fe Stoneworks, this one in Azurite.
[CENTER]Image[/CENTER]
Paul
Irish Lager

Post by Irish Lager »

Hey Deacon,
That kiwi turned out real nice, perhaps my favorite of your bunch. I cant begin to imagine how many you have now. As always, thanks for sharing and i look forward to seeing more.
J

pjrocco

Post by pjrocco »

Beautiful piece Paul...

How many are in the "flock" these days?
Rock
smcfalls13

Post by smcfalls13 »

I saw one of those Azurite Kiwis on Ebay last week, and I loved the colors of the stone. Very beautiful piece Deacon :cool:

I may need to sell some stuff, because a Persian with handles like that would compliment the current one very nicely ;)
:spyder: Scott :spyder:

"We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give."
-Sir Winston Churchill-
The Deacon

Post by The Deacon »

Thanks guys!
smcfalls13 wrote:I saw one of those Azurite Kiwis on Ebay last week, and I loved the colors of the stone. Very beautiful piece Deacon :cool:

I may need to sell some stuff, because a Persian with handles like that would compliment the current one very nicely ]Scott, it probably is the one you saw. Saw it, and did the BIN thing about ten seconds later. :o
pjrocco wrote:Beautiful piece Paul...

How many are in the "flock" these days?
Well, depends on how you count. ]Hey Deacon,
That kiwi turned out real nice, perhaps my favorite of your bunch. I cant begin to imagine how many you have now. As always, thanks for sharing and i look forward to seeing more.
J
IL, Steve got the Atlantic back to me on the 14th, posted pics of it in this thread Been carrying it ever since. Makes a nice big brother to my maple Kiwi. :D
Paul
smcfalls13

Post by smcfalls13 »

The Deacon wrote:Scott, it probably is the one you saw. Saw it, and did the BIN thing about ten seconds later. :o
So that's where it went, it wasn't on my watch list, and it disappeared one day. Such a gorgeous piece, and the price was quite fair. ;)
:spyder: Scott :spyder:

"We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give."
-Sir Winston Churchill-
jaislandboy

Post by jaislandboy »

Paul that Azurite Kiwi is Gorgeous! ;)
My latest score.... :D
brian
"All paths lead back to the Spyderhole..."
gamewraith

Post by gamewraith »

I have gotten into Spyderco in a hard and fast way over the past 30-60 days. My newest arrivals are the Adventura (the smoothest, knife with the best lines), Scorpius, SS Native, older SS Police model,and a black SS Byrd Cara Cara. Then I decided to check out the FRN handles. So along came a Pacific Salt, a yellow Salt 1, 2 Dragonflys, a walmart Native, and an older Rescue. As of today I am waiting for my G-10 handle Military, for a first try at a none lockback Spyderco. Yes I have seen many of you out there that are worse junkies than I am, but I have the joy of being one of the newest. My biggest kick is that I have 2 sons ( 18 and 16 ), and 3 close friends that are joining me in this foray (addiction) into the world of delights. Oh yeah, a Sharpmaker 204 and an older model that comes in a black pouch (203 ?), that I picked up at a thrift shop for $5. I still have not found the perfect EDC, if anyone has some suggestions I would love the input.
Irish Lager

Post by Irish Lager »

The Deacon wrote:IL, Steve got the Atlantic back to me on the 14th, posted pics of it in this thread Been carrying it ever since. Makes a nice big brother to my maple Kiwi. :D
Well, dont know how i missed that thread. I have to say that Atlantic turned out amazing, i can only imagine how it handles. Not to mention having a baby warnie to back it up. Your EDC line up has just put most of my collection to shame :) . No worries, one day ill figure out how to work w/ wood. I just hope it is sooner rather than later. Congrats on a mighty fine piece Paul, and i look forward to hearing how it works out for you. It must be a real beauty to displace the Stretch. Thanks again,
J

recoil

Post by recoil »

My newest member,
25th anniversary Delica.

dave
Attachments
25th Delica.JPG
25th Delica.JPG (70.38 KiB) Viewed 1681 times
gordonk

Post by gordonk »

I keep forgetting to add to this thread :) Gotta be age...... I got the call from Rowland at Target Knives, and I WAS going to pick up a second PE Delica 4 and an Endura 4, but ended up with a CE Delica 4 instead of the Endura - so now I have 3 Delica 4's :D I was with my real estate agent at the time, and we were heading back from a property I just took possession of, so I didn't get to spend too much time there - I figure I saved myself a few hundred by leaving in under 15 minutes :) I did pick up a CE/FRN Endura 4 for a co-worker, though. Rowland phoned last week and mentioned he got more spydies in - Byrds, though so when I get a bit of time.......

- gord
Senate

Post by Senate »

recoil wrote:My newest member,
25th anniversary Delica.

dave
Congrats Dave, acquiring the C76 is always a special day in the life of a :spyder: addict... ;)
Alexandre.
-------------------------------------------------
Spyderco WTC#1978
recoil

Post by recoil »

Thanks Senate,

I was searching for a while,
I'm amazed that it was so hard to find after having been produced only 3 years ago.

dave
Senate

Post by Senate »

recoil wrote:Thanks Senate,

I was searching for a while,
I'm amazed that it was so hard to find after having been produced only 3 years ago.

dave
Well I explain it this way: it's one of the last spyderco I'd get rid of if I was absolutely forced to... :)
Alexandre.
-------------------------------------------------
Spyderco WTC#1978