Endura Wave First Impressions

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
WORKER#9

Endura Wave First Impressions

Post by WORKER#9 »

Got My New Enduras Today!!! The Wave Draw Is New To Me And A Little Sketchy But I Am Working On It. The Knives Are Of The Highest Qaulity, I Will Report Back As I Get The Draw Down. Good Thing They Have The Spyder Hole. I Must Say Practicing The Wave Draw Is Fun, When It Works It Just Snaps Open!!! Cool. #9
greencobra

Post by greencobra »

#9, would you be able to explain the wave draw, or point me to a site where I can get more info. I thought I saw something at BF a while ago but... Thanks.
WORKER#9

Post by WORKER#9 »

Gc There Was A Link To One On A Previous Thread, Basically When You Pull It Out That Metal Protusion On The Top Of The Blade Catches Your Pocket Lip And Snaps The Knife Open, Fast! It Is Really Cool. I Am Going To Wear Out These Shorts I Am Wearing! #9
4 s ter

Post by 4 s ter »

WORKER#9

Thanks for the pics! I'm tracking mine as UPS (slowly) ships it across the USA :(

David
David

"Not all who wander are lost"
"To liner or not to liner? That is the question?" -- Sal
"Rule number nine: always carry a knife." -- Special Agent Jethro Gibbs/NCIS ;)
i.v

Post by i.v »

thanks for the pics, that is one great collaboration.. too bad i can't afford one :D
samosaurus

Post by samosaurus »

Nice score! :cool: :spyder: :cool: I believe these are called "Tsunami" in Japan.. :eek:

Sam
WORKER#9

Post by WORKER#9 »

The Draw Is Easy, Just Pull Back Slightly As You Pull It Out And It Just Snaps Into Place This Really Is Perfect, Emerson Is A Genius!!
I.v I Feel For You, I Thank God I Have A Good Job. The Usa Is Truly Great, Not A Day Goes By That I Am Not Thankful To Be Here. God Bless America. #9
Vincent

Post by Vincent »

Looks to be a great knife
Dr. Snubnose

Post by Dr. Snubnose »

I like the look but after reading some history about this knife's conception and the politics that went on between Sal and SDF over this knife I decided not to purchase one, as I didn't want to support anyone that gave Sal a bum deal...Read more about it on Suarez Warrior Forum...Doc
"Always Judge a man by the way he treats someone who could be of no possible use to him"

*Custom Avatar with the Help of Daywalker*
WORKER#9

Post by WORKER#9 »

Dr. Snubnose wrote:I like the look but after reading some history about this knife's conception and the politics that went on between Sal and SDF over this knife I decided not to purchase one, as I didn't want to support anyone that gave Sal a bum deal...Read more about it on Suarez Warrior Forum...Doc
I WILL READ THAT BUT ITS TO LATE FOR ME I LIKE THIS KNIFE AND ITS ALREADY BUILT#9
Dr. Snubnose

Post by Dr. Snubnose »

Enjoy it Worker#9...I was upset to read what I read so it was a personal decision for me...I wish I hadn't read the info but I did... then couldn't bring myself to order one... The truth is I want you to really enjoy it, I didn't mean to rain on your parade...I wish I could bring myself to get one...it looks really cool, maybe Sal will think about making a limited run of the same type offered through spyderco I'll be the first one in line ;) till then I'll just have to use Electrical Cable ties through my spyder holes...and be happy with that for now...I am happy for you though so please enjoy the new knife...Doc
"Always Judge a man by the way he treats someone who could be of no possible use to him"

Joe Talmadge

Post by Joe Talmadge »

Dr. Snubnose wrote:I like the look but after reading some history about this knife's conception and the politics that went on between Sal and SDF over this knife I decided not to purchase one, as I didn't want to support anyone that gave Sal a bum deal...Read more about it on Suarez Warrior Forum...Doc
Are you sure you're reading things right? Unless I've missed something huge, no one gave Sal a bum deal. The dispute is between the owner of SDF on the one hand, and the moderators and some of the strongest contributors on the other. If you don't like what happened, and don't want to buy a waved endura because of the way the owner of SDF behaved towards his moderators and members, I understand that. But I don't think Sal got screwed in any of this from what I can tell, other than that he put together an absolutely killer knife which unfortunately came out shortly after SDF imploded.

Joe
Dr. Snubnose

Post by Dr. Snubnose »

It is possible that maybe I didn't read things right...but I got the distinct impression that Sal didn't fair well in all this and was maybe regretful about the conception of this knife...But maybe I'm totally off base here...If I am I apologize for the confusion...Doc

WORKER#9

Post by WORKER#9 »

Joe Talmadge wrote:Are you sure you're reading things right? Unless I've missed something huge, no one gave Sal a bum deal. The dispute is between the owner of SDF on the one hand, and the moderators and some of the strongest contributors on the other. If you don't like what happened, and don't want to buy a waved endura because of the way the owner of SDF behaved towards his moderators and members, I understand that. But I don't think Sal got screwed in any of this from what I can tell, other than that he put together an absolutely killer knife which unfortunately came out shortly after SDF imploded.

Joe
INTERESTING BUT YOU ARE RIGHT IT IS A GREAT KNIFE THE MORE I USE IT THE MORE I LIKE IT. #9
ghostrider

Post by ghostrider »

Doc,
Is it possible for you to PM me a link so I can read it? I did a search with no luck, and you have piqued (sp?) my interest.
First they came for the Trade Unionists, and I did not stand up, because I was not a Trade Unionist.
[INDENT]
[INDENT][INDENT]Attributed to Pastor Martin Niemöller [/INDENT] [/INDENT][/INDENT]
Thread for tying tips:
http://spyderco.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18317

Hawkbills- Sink in the tip, and let it rip!!! :D - Axlis
Joe Talmadge

Post by Joe Talmadge »

Dr. Snubnose wrote:It is possible that maybe I didn't read things right...but I got the distinct impression that Sal didn't fair well in all this and was maybe regretful about the conception of this knife...But maybe I'm totally off base here...If I am I apologize for the confusion...Doc
Ya, well, as I said, the big bummer here is the timing. Sal went through the effort of fulfilling the request for a waved endura, negotiated it with Ernie, tooled-up and got it all done, and agreed to the request to make SDF the exclusive dealer. A heroic effort, displaying Spyderco's leading-edge thinking and the willingness to listen to its customers. This knife should have been a blockbuster seller, but a month before it comes out, the SHTF and people leave SDF swearing not to support its owner in any way ... so much for blockbuster seller. On the plus side, SDF members are saying they'll make up for it by buying extra Pikals. If I were Sal, I'd have a bad taste in my mouth, but I don't think anyone screwed him personally on purpose. Could be wrong, of course, just haven't seen it.
ghostrider

Post by ghostrider »

Funny thing happened to me last weekend.

Friday afternoon about 4:30 pm, I left town to spend the weekend with my family. Approximatly 45 minutes out of town I realized I had forgotten to bring something. Now, this forgotton item wasn't that important, but what was important was that I told my brother that I would bring it. Truth is, I knew my family would rather have me with them two hours earlier (which is how long it took me to go back, get the item, and get back to where I was when I realized it wasn't with me), but I had told my brother I would bring it.

I have often seen other forum members post that they are going to buy certain knives in certain amounts when they come out, and that's fine. I did it once and meant it. Unfortunatly I can't recall which one that is (think it was someone's concept).

Seems to me, if a man gives his word, he should keep it. We don't always do so, but shouldn't we at least try when the opportunity arises?

I hope Sal doesn't loose money on this.
First they came for the Trade Unionists, and I did not stand up, because I was not a Trade Unionist.
[INDENT]
[INDENT][INDENT]Attributed to Pastor Martin Niemöller [/INDENT] [/INDENT][/INDENT]
Thread for tying tips:
http://spyderco.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18317

Hawkbills- Sink in the tip, and let it rip!!! :D - Axlis
greencobra

Post by greencobra »

Joe Talmadge wrote:Ya, well, as I said, the big bummer here is the timing. Sal went through the effort of fulfilling the request for a waved endura, negotiated it with Ernie, tooled-up and got it all done, and agreed to the request to make SDF the exclusive dealer. A heroic effort, displaying Spyderco's leading-edge thinking and the willingness to listen to its customers. This knife should have been a blockbuster seller, but a month before it comes out, the SHTF and people leave SDF swearing not to support its owner in any way ... so much for blockbuster seller. On the plus side, SDF members are saying they'll make up for it by buying extra Pikals. If I were Sal, I'd have a bad taste in my mouth, but I don't think anyone screwed him personally on purpose. Could be wrong, of course, just haven't seen it.
OK, where does Sal getting screwed come in? Wouldn't this exclusive dealer, SDF, have paid for the run in order to take delivery? Or is Spyderco being paid on a peices sold basis. If not, they would have ended up at NGK or the Spyderco outlet and probably sold out in a few days. It was win, win for Spyderco.
4 s ter

Post by 4 s ter »

Dr. Snubnose

You are mistaken. Althought there was a major falling out between the owner of SDF and a number of his moderators/administrators there was no falling out between him and Sal. In a thread on this Forum, Sal (and James from SDF) talk about the project.

http://66.113.178.251/forums/showthread ... ight=waved

The argument between the owner and moderators/administrators on SDF was unfortunate. I'm sure it has resulted in some backing out on their commitments to purchase this knife as a show of support to the mods. However, you shouldn't back out because you think Sal was treated unfairly by anyone.

Personally, I said I would buy one when the request for those interested went out. I've now bought one, just as I committed to do.

David
David

4 s ter

Post by 4 s ter »

Joe Talmadge wrote: ... so much for blockbuster seller.
Joe

There are still a lot of people out there who have never even heard of SDF or it's problems. I think there are still more than enough people in the knife community who will be interested in this Spyderco/Emerson collaboration to sell out the run. It will probably take a little longer for the word to get around, since up to now most of the "talk" was limited to SDF. I'll be surprized however if there are any that go unsold in the end.

David
David