Cricket

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
spydutch

Cricket

Post by spydutch »

Hi,

I am looking at a picture of a cricketSS/PE right now and I was wondering if this knife, because of it's size, is any useful or just a nice collector's item.I maybe planning to buy it this week.
DAYWALKER

Post by DAYWALKER »

Aloha spydutch!

IMHO, the Cricket is a VERY useful lil' :spyder: . I have had all except the CF version and you will be amazed at the cutting power, and the almost unlimited places you can clip this one. Do not let the size fool you... :)

I STRONGLY advise getting one for SURE! ;)

God bless :cool:
Proverbs 16:3...Commit YOUR works to the LORD, and YOUR plans WILL succeed!

"Where's the best little big knife not designed by Sal or Eric?" ~ thombrogan, WSM

Avatar by my KnifeBrother, DiAlex...C102 Adventura designer, 2005 Spyderco Forum Knife! ;)
Zwaplat

Post by Zwaplat »

"Size doesn't matter, it's how you use it."

It's a knife. It's sharp. And it gets even better, it's a sharp Spyderco knife!
spydutch

Post by spydutch »

Thank you for your opinion. I think I will contact my retailer today and see if they have one in stock.
i.v

Post by i.v »

once again i am forced to completely agree with daywalker, awesome little knife :D
fret

Post by fret »

Useful knife to say the least. :) I use my FRN Cricket PE everyday for cutting boxes to kitchen use. I have both the SS and FRN just in case I lose one. :eek:
Mr Blonde

Post by Mr Blonde »

Gotta go with Daywalker on this one too! The Cricket rules! I like to carry mine without the clip though, also because tip-down does not work for me with these micro-spydies.

You won't be disappointed!

Wouter
My Spyderco Pics & Reviews: www.spydercollector.com
Last website update: 4-01-2024 Instagram
Manifest

Post by Manifest »

The SS/PE Cricket is an awesome little knife! It's thin so that it is easily carried, shiny and non-threatening so it can double up as a gent's knife, and it can do the work of some larger knives. I've used mine to cut food, rope, and 15 feet of plastic tarp.

My review:
http://spyderco.com/forums/showthread.p ... ket+review
spydutch

cricket

Post by spydutch »

Hi,

just picked up my cricket and you were all right; what a nice knife it is. it's even smaller than i thought but what cuttingpower! i tested it on 5mm rope and it went through it just as easy as my harpy. futhermore the cricket fits nicely in my little jeanspocket so i have and my harpy and my cricket close by. great knife!!! thank you all for your comments about it.
i'm glad i bought it.
Jimmy_Dean

Post by Jimmy_Dean »

congrats!
I'm too late to advise you to buy one but I can't recommand them enough, and you can see why!
take care
-Dean
spydutch

Post by spydutch »

I will, Thank you too Jimmy.
Hannibal Lecter

Too Nice

Post by Hannibal Lecter »

Good day, all.

The Cricket is a bit too nice for my tastes. ;)

My Lady recently absconded with mine and by all appearances plans to keep it for herself. I suppose I will be buying another one shortly... :D

--------
Hannibal
---------------------

"I have followed with enthusiasm the course of your disgrace and public shaming. My own never bothered me except for the inconvenience of being incarcerated, but you may lack perspective."
DAYWALKER

Post by DAYWALKER »

Hannibal Lecter wrote:
My Lady recently absconded with mine and by all appearances plans to keep it for herself. I suppose I will be buying another one shortly... :D

--------
Hannibal
Aloha Hannibal!

I hear ya on this one...fortunately, my wife has her own pair of Crickets! ;) She uses a pink FRN SE one for work, and has in her "collection" the first Mr. HUNT engraved SS SE Cricket!(Mahalo Paul!!!) I am STILL trying to get her to trade it to me but to no avail! :rolleyes:

God bless :cool:

SPYDUTCH: Right on man! Is it a PE or SE? Either way, ya got yourself a great one there!
Proverbs 16:3...Commit YOUR works to the LORD, and YOUR plans WILL succeed!

"Where's the best little big knife not designed by Sal or Eric?" ~ thombrogan, WSM

Avatar by my KnifeBrother, DiAlex...C102 Adventura designer, 2005 Spyderco Forum Knife! ;)
spydutch

Post by spydutch »

Daywalker, it is a PE and sharp as ****.(can I say this on the forum?)