Spyderco Sightings (pics inside)

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Pneumothorax

Post by Pneumothorax »

SirIsaacNewton wrote:The Hunter - William Dafoe - A spyderco makes several appearances
I just watched The Hunter and the Delica 4? plays a nice role. Much more than the normal cameo. Dafoe uses the Delica to make snare traps while hunting and cut/carve at least 3-4 times (though, I gotta admit, when he opens it, he is not that smooth - needed to practice more - but I shouldnt be complaining). But the best part was a scene that clearly and deliberately showed him clipping the Delica into his left front thigh pocket. Movies don't show minutiae like that for nothing. It defintely meant Mr. Spyderco Delica was going to make a key appearance later on - and yes, it did! During a critical hostage/life/death scene, the Delica reappears and helps Dafoe save his own hide!! YES! A knife used as a tool for survival, not some malevolent scary looking thing that Spydies are usually portrayed in movies. Sorry if i gave away any plot stuff (nothing critical really). Probably the best Spyderco showing in a movie Ive seen - shows up more than once, used as a tool - not a weapon, plays an ongoing role - not just a cameo appearance.

2011: G10 Dragonfly ^ Breeden Rescue ^ Bug ^ Honeybee ^ Centofante 3 ^ Woodcraft Mule ^SFO Visit Buys = Frn Stretch & Native 4 CF!! ^ Salt 1 ^ Burgundy Calypso ZDP-189 ^ Walker Blue Almite ^ Native 5 ^ Squeak ^ Chaparral ^ Urban Olive Green ^ STREET BEAT!!...
2012: Caly Jr (vintage/NIB!), SS Navigator-fave LBK of all time, Jester, Orange Dodo, CS Orange PM2,Techno, Bradley! AIR!!
DeathBySnooSnoo

Post by DeathBySnooSnoo »

If there are any Leverage fans out there, maybe you can cap it...but in the season finale there was a Spyderco used. I think that it was a Delica.
On the hunt for...
Chipped Karambit

Post by Chipped Karambit »

Recently saw one in breaking bad wielded by a methhead
ChaoticLuck

Post by ChaoticLuck »

DeathBySnooSnoo wrote:If there are any Leverage fans out there, maybe you can cap it...but in the season finale there was a Spyderco used. I think that it was a Delica.
I must not have been paying attention, I completely missed any sign of a knife let alone a spyderco one.
DeathBySnooSnoo

Post by DeathBySnooSnoo »

ChaoticLuck wrote:I must not have been paying attention, I completely missed any sign of a knife let alone a spyderco one.
Its the scene in the garage where they are testing the paintings. It is only on screen for about a second...
On the hunt for...
cgjones

Post by cgjones »

DeathBySnooSnoo wrote:If there are any Leverage fans out there, maybe you can cap it...but in the season finale there was a Spyderco used. I think that it was a Delica.
Leverage - S05E10 - The Frame-Up Job

[ATTACH]20902[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]20903[/ATTACH]
Attachments
Leverage - S05E10 - The Frame-Up Job - 2.jpg
Leverage - S05E10 - The Frame-Up Job - 1.jpg
Donut

Post by Donut »

It could be a Delica 3 or one of the Salts with the barrel bolt on the clip.
-Brian
A distinguished lurker.
Waiting on a Squeak and Pingo with a Split Spring!
boxer93

Post by boxer93 »

Just spotted (I believe a 79mm rescue) in the October 2012 boys life. Article on Cool Jobs: Eyes in the sky. This link has a small picture.
http://boyslife.org/magazine/32630/insi ... 012-issue/
Chris
Be Excellent to each other.
chuck_roxas45

Post by chuck_roxas45 »

I caught this from the point of no return starring Bridget Fonda. This scene is during the part when The Cleaner(Harvey Keitel) is trying to kill our heroine.

psychophipps

Post by psychophipps »

I think I saw one on a recent episode of Person of Interest. Not sure it wasn't one of the other action/adventure shows I watch with my wife and mother-in-law, though.
psimonl

Post by psimonl »

Carbon Fiber Endura in an unofficial short of The Punisher

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bWpK0wsn ... _embedded#!

Watch at 6min 33 sec.
"Everyday above the ground and vertical is a good day".
-Sir A. Hopkins in "The world's Fastest Indian"

"If it hurts, it means you're not dead..."
-Kayakist Marie-Pier Cote

The Spyderco Cookbook
stvsctt

Post by stvsctt »

Spyderco cricket in mission impossible 3.

[ATTACH]21121[/ATTACH]
Attachments
vlcsnap-2012-11-29-22h44m48s243.jpg
spyderedge

Post by spyderedge »

PAGE 2! Chrome detects malware, most likely a hoax, but not sure.
This means absolutely nothing to anyone........lol
My :spyder: Endura 4 FFG Plain, Black in VG-10 had been my faithful EDC companion since 9/26/2012
kennethsime

Post by kennethsime »

Saw a SE Delica (I believe) watching the second or third season of Buffy: The Vampire Slayer on the 'flix the other day. Oz whipped it out to cut some wire on an amp I think.
I'm happiest with Micarta and Tool Steel.

Top four in rotation: K390 + GCM PM2, ZCarta Shaman, Crucarta PM2, K390 + GCM Straight Spine Stretch.
Maruj

Post by Maruj »

Tv series samurai girl. Anyone know what model this one is?

[ATTACH]21213[/ATTACH]
Attachments
spyd.jpg
spyd.png
Pockets

Post by Pockets »

Probably an Endura.
Monocrom

Post by Monocrom »

Might be a Police model.
"The World is insane, with small pockets of sanity here & there. Not the other way around."

:spyder:-John Cleese- :spyder:
ASmitty

Post by ASmitty »

Pneumothorax wrote:I just watched The Hunter and the Delica 4? plays a nice role. Much more than the normal cameo. Dafoe uses the Delica to make snare traps while hunting and cut/carve at least 3-4 times (though, I gotta admit, when he opens it, he is not that smooth - needed to practice more - but I shouldnt be complaining). But the best part was a scene that clearly and deliberately showed him clipping the Delica into his left front thigh pocket. Movies don't show minutiae like that for nothing. It defintely meant Mr. Spyderco Delica was going to make a key appearance later on - and yes, it did! During a critical hostage/life/death scene, the Delica reappears and helps Dafoe save his own hide!! YES! A knife used as a tool for survival, not some malevolent scary looking thing that Spydies are usually portrayed in movies. Sorry if i gave away any plot stuff (nothing critical really). Probably the best Spyderco showing in a movie Ive seen - shows up more than once, used as a tool - not a weapon, plays an ongoing role - not just a cameo appearance.

One thing I particularly liked about this one was that he didn't even use it as a weapon in the life or death scene, he just used it to free himself from his bonds before reaching for his rifle.

Also, on his opening of the Delica, in the one scene where he opens it close up for the camera, he draws and opens with his left hand before passing it to his right, I think that might be the reason for the "stiffness."
"A flute with no holes is not a flute. A donut with no hole, is a danish."

Quietly lurking the Spyderco forum since 2003...
unowatt

Post by unowatt »

Any idea on the name of the knife in movie Parker that Jason used?
:spyder: Dream Big and Keep Dreaming :spyder:

[HR][/HR]My :spyder:
Delica ZDP 189 , Delica C11P SS
Para 2 - Black Satin, Orange, Blue, Brown, Digi Camo - Satin & Black, CF-S90V
Persian, Persian 2 75mm, Zulu, Sage 4, Southard, Calypso(Sprint), Caly3(Sprint), Stretch (Sprint)

Other:
Fallkniven A1

Wish List:
:spyder: Delica - CF, Delica - Ti, ZT-0777, Para 2 Ti, Para 2 Fluted CF, Domino, Karahawk & My Wallet :D

Preorder:
:spyder: Native 5 Fluted Ti, Green Para 2
ZT-0888
BigBill5953

Post by BigBill5953 »

In the episode of Monk "Mr. Monk Fights City Hall" during the flashback, the killer pulls out a SS SE Police.
-Billy

Centofante 3|Brown FFG Delica 4|Persistence|Sharpmaker & UF rods|SS Kiwi|Manbug SE|Blue UKPK SE Leaf|Calypso Jr. FRN|Blue Dodo SE|Centofante 3|Grasshopper|Tan Ladybug Salt|Rookie Sprint|

bammann45 wrote:In Los Angeles we have roaming packs of carnivorous tortoises. I am glad we finally have a folder that can punch through their shells.