Spyderco Sightings (pics inside)

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
JayTeeEmEm

Post by JayTeeEmEm »

^^ El Guapo!!

Bas is awesome. King of the liver kick.
:spyder: Stretch ZDP Delica 4 FFG Cricket SS Persistence UKPK FRN Rescue and Blue DP Sage CF Pacific Salt Centofante 3 Spin Dragonfly SS Bill Moran DP Military CF Lum Ti Military H1 Ladybug Hawkbill Ladybug Para 2:spyder:

"Knives have great depth. History, geography, metalurgy, hi tech materials, design, interesting mechanisms, everyday function plus the beauty in the creation of each piece.

It's an addictive hobby though. Be careful."

sal
Andreas

Post by Andreas »

Just saw something on 9gag: http://9gag.com/gag/4656967
Seems like 2 customized Crickets to me, with titanium! Probably still just VG-10.
It's from the movie called 'Superhero movie' from 2008. Here's the scene on youtube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eis7U7BTgj0

And another sighting while I was browsing kickstarter: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/wal ... &ref=users
Video explains what the project is all about and at around 1:20 you'll be able to see the Delica or Endura.
Wishlist: Delica G10. Cricket SE/PE. Cat. Air
tvenuto

Post by tvenuto »

Oh Bas, I can assure you I do not underestimate the kick to the groin.
thehunt

Post by thehunt »

In Act of Valor, the Native gets some screentime:

Has this been mentioned before?
Great movie by the way...
Si vis pacem parabellum
PARATOM

Post by PARATOM »

^^^ Awesome movie and i wish i would have caught that lol
[LEFT]Para 2 digi cam/DLC | Tenacious PE | Sage 1 | Delica 4 FFG | Manix 2 | Dragonfly 2 H1 | Yojimbo 2 | SmallFly digi cam R | Citadel DLC R[/LEFT]
There are two kinds of people in this world, you're either somebody or nobody...
Donut

Post by Donut »

It was mentioned, but I didn't see a good screenshot until now. I think there was a Tasman when the girl got captured, cutting the carpet.
-Brian
A distinguished lurker.
Waiting on a Squeak and Pingo with a Split Spring!
SirIsaacNewton

Post by SirIsaacNewton »

The Hunter - William Dafoe - A spyderco makes several appearances

DeathBySnooSnoo

Post by DeathBySnooSnoo »

Just watching the newest episode of Burn Notice and there is a prison attack and one the knives used is a Citadel. I'd get caps, but streaming so the quality is crap.
On the hunt for...
brewdiver87

Post by brewdiver87 »

I am a Burn Notice junkie... here is a pic of the Citadel from that episode.

[ATTACH]20587[/ATTACH]
Attachments
Untitled-1.jpg
Mwalle6

Post by Mwalle6 »

I just watched the short film The Punisher: Dirty Laundry. Looked like an Endura...possibly Delica was used in one scene.
Member of the LH Military Club

My Spydies - Military Lefty, Endura 4 PE, Caly 3.5 Super Blue, Chaparal, Bolstered Manbug, Nishijin Cricket Caly 3.5 ZDP/CF
tikkidaddy
Location: marietta sc...but im not sure if its on earth though!!

Post by tikkidaddy »

Senate wrote:Hannibal

Thats the one, baby!!
"I hate the thought of killing anything, its the last thing I would advise, but as a matter of survival, all creatures are fair game."-- Les Stroud.

I wonder if spyders feel that way too??--mark.
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

Just caught a combo edge Endura with a badly rounded tip in a Punisher clip. 6:31. NSFW.

http://youtu.be/bWpK0wsnitc
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
JerryIsAlive

Post by JerryIsAlive »

Probably has been mentioned, but Spyderco's are all over The Wire. Kima definitely pulled one out near the end of Season 2 to check the drain for drugs
DeathBySnooSnoo

Post by DeathBySnooSnoo »

Here is another badguy with a Spyderco.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bWpK0wsn ... ata_player
On the hunt for...
enduraguy

Post by enduraguy »

Alton Brown using what appears to be a steel handled Delica. On an episode of "Good Eats". Don't recall which, or the year it was from. He was covering the topic of types of chili peppers and how the "Scoville Scale" was developed.

[ATTACH]20660[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]20661[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]20662[/ATTACH]
Attachments
3.jpg
2.jpg
1.jpg
gtrtech

Post by gtrtech »

I spotted this one in National Geographic Dark Secrets Of The Lusitania, they are using a diving suit nicknamed a Newt suit, which is basically a submarine a diver wears,with a Harpy bolted to the right hand of the suit.

being used to cut loose a mini ROV

The war is coming to the streets of America and if you are not keeping and bearing and practicing with your arms then you will be helpless and you will be the victim of evil.
"Ted Nugent"

Club 71
JD Spydo

Celebrity Spyders

Post by JD Spydo »

I remember the old ABC network TV show "LOST" always had a lot of Spyders and in just about every episode too. There have been 2 shows on the Animal Planet channel that both had Spyderco knives and one of them I remember always had a Spyderco Hawkbill in every other episode.

Oh yes!! Who could ever forget the KING OF THE Harpy" our dear resident MD>> good Ol Dr. Hannibal Lecter.

Maybe we'll have one model called "Spyderwood" instead of Hollywood :D
Long Live the SPYDEREDGE Spyderco Hawkbills RULE!!
Gofannon

Post by Gofannon »

gtrtech wrote:I spotted this one in National Geographic Dark Secrets Of The Lusitania, they are using a diving suit nicknamed a Newt suit, which is basically a submarine a diver wears,with a Harpy bolted to the right hand of the suit.

being used to cut loose a mini ROV

In the first pic, the spyderco is close and after is open, how can the man open the knife under his suit? Have you seen?

Thanks for this pictures!
"The things you own end up owning you."
Tyler, Fight Club

:spyder: My spyderco :spyder:

Geoffrey
Mwalle6

Post by Mwalle6 »

Gofannon wrote:In the first pic, the spyderco is close and after is open, how can the man open the knife under his suit? Have you seen?

Thanks for this pictures!
That's just shows you how easy the spyderhole makes opening! You can be inside a submarine suit and still use it!
Member of the LH Military Club

My Spydies - Military Lefty, Endura 4 PE, Caly 3.5 Super Blue, Chaparal, Bolstered Manbug, Nishijin Cricket Caly 3.5 ZDP/CF
Chipped Karambit

Post by Chipped Karambit »

HellHound wrote:Does a sighting in anime count?There is this on-going anime called Durarara! its japanese :) ok and one of the charectercs Izaya Orihara is using something similar to centofante 3,also i think I might have something to do with the cosplayer taking the knife up for a try. :) ImageImage Image

And heres what the people think. http://spyderco.com/forums/showthread.php?t=46430
just going through the whole thread and noticed this. A girl I used to date watched that show, the compression lock on it makes it more likely the spyderco Vesuvius. still a great one by centofant, i believe the earlier models had the compression lock While she watched her show, I watched the knife lol.