Spyderco Sightings (pics inside)

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Drkknight614

Post by Drkknight614 »

Ugh I missed mos of walking dead. I didnt even see this last night. I did see the part where her son finds the bunch of knives and axes wrapped up. I was trying to see what was in there, all I could tell was a gerber bear grylls fixed blade and a gerber/fisker hatchet.
Manix 2 DLC, Delica 4 FFG, Ladybug 3,County Comm H1 Ladybug 3 , Endura 4 FFG G10, C94 UKPK Leaf, Atlantic Salt, Military Camo DLC,Sage 1 Para 2 DLC, Delica 4.
Drkknight614

Post by Drkknight614 »

Jazz wrote:It pains me to see how she has that Endura clipped.

- best wishes, Jazz.
When there are zombies literally trying to rip out your throat do you want to be sticking your hand in your pocket?
Manix 2 DLC, Delica 4 FFG, Ladybug 3,County Comm H1 Ladybug 3 , Endura 4 FFG G10, C94 UKPK Leaf, Atlantic Salt, Military Camo DLC,Sage 1 Para 2 DLC, Delica 4.
Donut

Post by Donut »

Drkknight614 wrote:Ugh I missed mos of walking dead. I didnt even see this last night. I did see the part where her son finds the bunch of knives and axes wrapped up. I was trying to see what was in there, all I could tell was a gerber bear grylls fixed blade and a gerber/fisker hatchet.
I tried to look some of them up and it seemed like gerber, gerber, and more gerber. :)
-Brian
A distinguished lurker.
Waiting on a Squeak and Pingo with a Split Spring!
chuck_roxas45

Post by chuck_roxas45 »

Screen shot from season 2 episode 1 making the rounds. No spydie content though. :(

What I wonder is why they didn't pick up a few M4's from all those military guys lying around.

Butaangas

Post by Butaangas »

Movie: The Veteran 2011

Chief

Post by Chief »

Jazz wrote:It pains me to see how she has that Endura clipped.

- best wishes, Jazz.
The Endura would probably not fit inside her pocket. Women's jeans' pockets are extremely shallow. I reached around my wife once(I was behind her) and stuck my hands into her pockets and they went in only up to my knuckles. I was shocked! I don't know the reason for this, but I asked my wife and she said that just how they make them.
Jazz

Post by Jazz »

Chief wrote:The Endura would probably not fit inside her pocket. Women's jeans' pockets are extremely shallow. I reached around my wife once(I was behind her) and stuck my hands into her pockets and they went in only up to my knuckles. I was shocked! I don't know the reason for this, but I asked my wife and she said that just how they make them.
You have a good point there - I noticed that doing laundry. Still a good way to break or bend a clip. Just like those guys who put them on their belts. :rolleyes:

- best wishes, Jazz.
onecentweasel

Post by onecentweasel »

Chief wrote:The Endura would probably not fit inside her pocket. Women's jeans' pockets are extremely shallow. I reached around my wife once(I was behind her) and stuck my hands into her pockets and they went in only up to my knuckles. I was shocked! I don't know the reason for this, but I asked my wife and she said that just how they make them.
That's why my girl has so much trouble when buying jeans....
If they will not fit here pink Manix 2 then she won't buy the pants...
SolidState

Post by SolidState »

Chief wrote: I don't know the reason for this, but I asked my wife and she said that just how they make them.
Arguably, women's legs and bottoms are nicer to look at without pocket bulges and womens' jeans makers know this so they don't give women working pockets. Also, they realized that women carry purses for the same purposes as we use pockets, and that women want their bums and legs to look nice.

The disturbing trend for me is that men around here are starting to wear womens' jeans and carry murses (male purses).
"Nothing is so fatal to the progress of the human mind as to suppose that our views of science are ultimate; that there are no mysteries in nature; that our triumphs are complete, and that there are no new worlds to conquer."
Sir Humphry Davy
IG-88

Post by IG-88 »

It has been spotted in this tread but here are some pics about the sighting.

CSI Miami S09 E08

Stainless Endura Serrated

But I was shocked :eek: when I saw the scene with the airbag. This is how people learn to abuse a good knife!!! I was astonished by the damage done to the knife in this tread http://www.spyderco.com/forums/showthread.php?t=51978
Now I know where people get the inspiration to be plain stupid. Use a prybar not a knife for this job, see for yourself

Current EDC: Techno, Squeak, Southard Flipper, Caly 3.5

New Arrivals: Chap3, Domino, Sage 3

2014 Wishlist: Yo2 CF, Deviant Friction, Tatanka, Tusk, Firefly

Oldies Wishlist: Delica CF PE, Civilian CF PE
SuzieQ

Post by SuzieQ »

True. Not for all of my jeans but certainly for some of them. Just the other day I had to leave my Delica at home because it wouldn't fit in my jeans pocket. Too shallow. :eek: The Squeak did the job nicely though. Good a reason as any to rotate my EDC blades on a regular basis ;-)
She: Did you say pink :spyder: sprint run?! - He: Yeah. - She: Wow, wouldn't this go great with my purple Delica?! - He: ? - :D

:spyder: Delica 4 FFG purple ::: Dragonfly Salt Yellow SE ::: Ladybug Foliage Green PE ::: UK Penknife Safety Orange G-10 ::: Byrd Robin G-10 PE ::: Delica 4 FFG pink - modded to non-locking ::: Squeak ::: Grasshopper ::: Kiwi - got snagged by the husband ::: Endura 4 FFG Orange ::: Delica ZDP-189 ::: Centofante 4 ::: Byrd Tern ::: Manix 2 Blue Lightweight :spyder:
gac

Post by gac »

I just watched the season premier of Walking Dead and wqas going to mention the Endura. Except, I missed the wife carrying it. I did see an Endura clipped the same way onto the pocket of the blond actress.
DCDesigns

Post by DCDesigns »

gac wrote:I just watched the season premier of Walking Dead and wqas going to mention the Endura. Except, I missed the wife carrying it. I did see an Endura clipped the same way onto the pocket of the blond actress.
After seeing the earlier posts on the premier, and the wife's "out of pocket" carry, I went back a few episodes, and the wife has a :spyder: clipped to her in several of the scenes from season 1... I guess no one caught it till the second season. I didnt see it at all, and was shocked when I saw the screen capture of the premier.
redyps04

Tasman Salt on RENO 911

Post by redyps04 »

I just saw a black Tasman Salt SE being used on the show Reno 911 to rip open a bunch of confiscated stuffed animal bunnies filled with cocaine. They got high in the process after they clipped a few of the bags inside and then just started going berserk on the bunnies.
DCDesigns

Post by DCDesigns »

redyps04 wrote:I just saw a black Tasman Salt SE being used on the show Reno 911 to rip open a bunch of confiscated stuffed animal bunnies filled with cocaine. They got high in the process after they clipped a few of the bags inside and then just started going berserk on the bunnies.
LOL... on a similar, more legit police note: I just saw lawmen on "bordertown Laredo" use a fully serated :spyder: to jimmy open a door. Border(line) abuse if you ask me.

Also I thought it was a :spyder: they were using in several scenes to open up bundles of coke, but it ended up being a benchmade with its NON LICENSED deployment hole...
Davis61381

Post by Davis61381 »

Season 2, Episode 4 of the Walking Dead.

-davis
Jules

Post by Jules »

Is that a Manix 2?
2cha

Post by 2cha »

I gave up on the show, but I did see that episode. She had the knife clipped onto the outside of her pocket ie the clip facing in towards the thigh. It had an FRN handle--so must be a native with that blade shape.
DrChimRichalds

Post by DrChimRichalds »

Jules wrote:Is that a Manix 2?
It's an Endura 4. She's been carrying it all of Season 2 (so far.) I posted a couple screenshots of the knife a few posts back.
jabba359

Post by jabba359 »

Jules wrote:Is that a Manix 2?
DrChimRichalds wrote:It's an Endura 4. She's been carrying it all of Season 2 (so far.) I posted a couple screenshots of the knife a few posts back.
The picture Jules if referring two most certainly appears to be a Manix 2. I deleted that episode already, so can't go back to rewatch it, but I'm not certain if this picture is of Lori (who has the Endura clipped outside her pants) or another one of the characters.
-Kyle

:bug-red
Latest arrivals: Lava Flow CF DLC Para2, Magnacut Mule, GITD Jester

http://www.spydiewiki.com