Spyderco guests

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
sal

Spyderco guests

Post by sal »

Hi, I too have been watching the "Drama" unfold.

If someone were stealing something or hurting someone, it would be necessary to stop them, requiring policing action, and penalty. Many full time jobs. (cops, lawyers, judges and jailers).

The forums are a little different. If someone were speaking verbally in this manner, we would call their words "mouth farts", and say they smell bad.

These are marks on a screen and I would call them "finger farts", but they still smell bad.

Penalty or some other "combative" activity is neither productive or ultimately effective. It also hurts the "attitute" of the "house".

Neither Joyce nor I have the time or interest to play the policing game or the penalty game.

In the case of Fisher, he wouldn't be the first to "speak" without thinking and be sorry later for something said. I imagine in time he can win your/our respect. We've had more than one new poster that came on smelly but turned around and became a benefit to this forum.

In the case of Vinnie, the behavior is different. He either hasn't noticed or doesn't care that he's irritating and even offending others.

Like a child starving for attention, if they can't get it by being good, or smart or cooperative, they'll try to get it by being destructive.

I must agree with Zackerty. His wisdom is strong.

The worst thing that you can do to someone, IMO, is treat them with indifference. Indifference means they aren't worth any of your time or thoughts.

The most "aggressive" action where attention is being demanded though "finger farts"is to be indifferent and ignore the marks on your screen, smile :) , and think to yourself that you are in fact "fighting" with a powerful weapon.......indifference.

I am quite proud of the visiters to the Spyderco house and they've always proved superior in their ability to think on a higher plain.

Perhaps, in time, Vinnie will mature and realize that he can get more attention, and even positive attention with another behavior.

Or perhaps he won't. Perhaps he will be destructive nuisance all of his life. I know some of those. My kids used to call them" gluteus maximus orifices". ;)

So I suggest we use Zacherty's wisdom, remember to smile.

sal

-------------------------------------------------------

"It takes all kinds of animals to make a forrest. Without the leach and mosquito, one does not appreciate the hawk and the deer".
Troll

Post by Troll »

Its Vinny not Vinnie.

You are right I just dont care. I fond this funny how obsessed everybody is. I have tried 5 times to come back and be quite. But even after a few weeks with no problems. a few weeks with nobody noticing. Somebody has to make another post say Oh here is the Troll on BFC or who is this user. Then we get a 40 post thread about garbadge.

About me being a Theif or a Con-artist. nobody here has any proof of me every doing this. What happened innocent untill proven guilty. Sal Is right here. Ask him if Vincent Perricone has ever Conned him. He will say no. Ask Micheal Dye from NGK if I have ever Conned him. Answer be no. Ask Joe Heindlmeyer from American Heritage Sports if I ahve conned him. Answer is No. Or maybe the ladys at Bayou Lafourche Knife Works. The answer is still No.

ask yourselves. What has he really dont without somebody attacking me. It is the truth. This all started when dennis attacked me.

I keep going becouse this is funny. Just how mad you guys get. You defend spyderco more than the owner does. I dont really understand this. I truly laugh at this stuff. Because I can make a post and check back in 20 seconds and have 3-5 posts attacking me. You guys are funny
JD Spydo

Well Said

Post by JD Spydo »

Well Said Sir!!! I think we can put this all in perspective. These "trolls" if that is a good name for them to me are like Misquitos or house flys. Yes indeed they are somewhat of a nuisance but pretty meaningless in the big picture. By responding to their asinine, juvenille remarks you just give them what they want. People reap what they sow. Just let them keep sowing. :) :spyder:
Stuart Ackerman

Post by Stuart Ackerman »

Alice Cooper once said...

Crazy little child,
Never got to see,
All the pretty things in life.
Had him put away,
And nothing they could say,
Could ever make the pieces fit....
Troll

Post by Troll »

but then again I dont listen to Garbadge Music
swede

Post by swede »

I posted this once before, in a similar circumstance: Don't Take the Bait!
Dave
JDEE

Post by JDEE »

I think I have broken my committment to "ignore" but here's our opportunity - just ignore, don't respond to the "troll". By all means respond to Sal's and Zackerty's wise words but leave the "troll" be and the message might be heard.
Jdee
Have a Knife Day
rusticforge.com/knives Australia
Simona

Post by Simona »

:cool: probably i miss something ... I dont know what happened - Vinny and Fisher..., but i think, call immediately someone t r o l l is irrelevant, ... i can say it, because i think and i know it at own skin -- im without doubt really a "world winner" in the long "match" at BFC "Offend&Swear at&Call someone troll".
And tragicomical situation is,from the beggining, that i wasnt never troll.

This is a very polite and very cool forum, one from best, where really i enjoy stay, but i cant say it about BFC globally, unfortunately, many of peoples there are speaking about modesty - but reality is very! different.
spydercolchester

Post by spydercolchester »

I was called a troll here and I was not.
Some members still ignore me for no reason.
I think it is a closed socity and people are very suspecious.
Senate

Post by Senate »

there's a great saying that I use in these occasions:

the train of your stupidity rolls on the tracks of my indifference...

;)
Alexandre.
-------------------------------------------------
Spyderco WTC#1978
JDEE

Spydercolchester

Post by JDEE »

I think you were unfortunate to join when all the other "crap" was going on. I don't think it is a "closed society" I just think people closed ranks when things changed for the worse. Please try not to take any offence for my part you have started a couple of interesting threads and from what I have seen most have treated you with respect as I hope I have done.
Jdee
Have a Knife Day
rusticforge.com/knives Australia
sal

Post by sal »

Hi Simona,

Perhaps you did miss something. Don't take it to be meant for you. We all know you are not a troll and you know we all love your presence here on the Spyderco forum.

There is a young (we think intelligent) person that has been trying to get his "kicks" by irritating and offending people here. Zackerty suggested that all ignore him and many here seem to agree that might be the best long term solution. He has been banned, but keeps returning (different names) and is instigating an unfriendly atmosphere. I think you will agree that what makes this place comfortable to visit are the good people and the absence of hostility.

Vinny (sorry I mispelled your name). Please extend greater effort to be civil................or please go away.

Hi Spydercolchester. I think there was a misunderstanding regarding your first screen name. I've only heard good things about you after you changed it.

Many people here are sensitive to what may seem to be "trouble-making". We have seen it ruin many forums, even recently. The "regulars" here have developed a trust for one another, even friendships. The formula for succuss seems to be mutual respect.

sal

----------------------------------------------------

"We are all teachers and we are all students"
spydercolchester

JDEE
from what I have seen most have treated you with respect as I hope I have done.

Yes you have and so did some other members and I am greatful for that.
spydercolchester

Thanks for nothing Vinny
ghostrider

Spydercolchester

Post by ghostrider »

When you first came there were some rough times for you. Then you showed good faith when you changed you tag and I think a lot of people appreciated that. Since then you have IMO become a productive member of this forum.

I am fairly new myself and sometimes think that some of the veterans are somewhat standoffish. Nothing wrong with that, in fact I expect it. It’s often wise to not be overly trusting towards someone new, especially over the Internet. People will gradually become more accepting of you as they better become acquainted with you.

Truth is, for all we know you, or I, or any of the other newbies could just be a troll taking on another persona in order to play a sick game. IMO it doesn’t matter as long as you treat people with respect. This you have been doing.
First they came for the Trade Unionists, and I did not stand up, because I was not a Trade Unionist.
[INDENT]
[INDENT][INDENT]Attributed to Pastor Martin Niemöller [/INDENT] [/INDENT][/INDENT]
Thread for tying tips:
http://spyderco.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18317

Hawkbills- Sink in the tip, and let it rip!!! :D - Axlis
Troll

Post by Troll »

sal wrote:Hi Simona,

Perhaps you did miss something. Don't take it to be meant for you. We all know you are not a troll and you know we all love your presence here on the Spyderco forum.

There is a young (we think intelligent) person that has been trying to get his "kicks" by irritating and offending people here. Zackerty suggested that all ignore him and many here seem to agree that might be the best long term solution. He has been banned, but keeps returning (different names) and is instigating an unfriendly atmosphere. I think you will agree that what makes this place comfortable to visit are the good people and the absence of hostility.

Vinny (sorry I mispelled your name). Please extend greater effort to be civil................or please go away.

Hi Spydercolchester. I think there was a misunderstanding regarding your first screen name. I've only heard good things about you after you changed it.

Many people here are sensitive to what may seem to be "trouble-making". We have seen it ruin many forums, even recently. The "regulars" here have developed a trust for one another, even friendships. The formula for succuss seems to be mutual respect.

sal

----------------------------------------------------

"We are all teachers and we are all students"

Sal Listen. I am a big fan of Spyderco Products. I love um. Hav ehad a great run with the Calypso jr and love my sharpmaker. I wasent so impressed with the Para. But that is just My opinion. This all started when I knew nothing about knives.

I have nothing agaist spyderco. I mean It is funny to me sometimes the people here. But if I werent a dedicated fan of your product. I wouldnet be here.

I already sighted everything above.
swede

Post by swede »

Troll,
Try spellcheck.
Dave
davec

Post by davec »

Sal,

You are one class act. I bow to your wisdom.
Keep up the great work.
Spidernoir

Post by Spidernoir »

Simona,

Good to hear from you again, regardless of the thread.

~Jeff :)
~Jeff
Clay Kesting

Post by Clay Kesting »

A bit of history. Some years ago, before this forum even started, there was a problem on the BFC Spyderco forum. In banning the troublemaker Sal said something like, "not in my loungeroom". I'm not sure if he used the word loungeroom, maybe that's not an American term, but you get the picture. Anyway, that's the way I've always tried to behave here, as though I was Sal's guest in his home. As the title of the thread says, we are all Spyderco's guests.

take care,
clay
"The best boats are either small enough to carry home, or big enough to live on." Phillip C. Bolger (1927-2009)