I'm sorry. No harm meant!

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Fisher of Men

I'm sorry. No harm meant!

Post by Fisher of Men »

I would like to say that I'm sorry for any trouble that I've caused. I really didn't mean to cause any. Worker#9 I forgive you and I'm also sorry for sort of "hi-jacking" your thread. 4 s ter, I am also sorry for my post about you attacking me.

It's Easter weekend. I don't want to fight. I'm a big teddy bear. I'm a lover and not a fighter. Can we please just forget about this whole thing and move on? I'd really like that. Again, I'm sorry.

On the quality control, I think Spyderco does have a bit of work to do regarding QC. That doesn't mean that I think they sell garbage or that I will not buy their stuff. I'm just going to take a break and buy a few other brands for now and then come back to Spyderco. ;)

I don't want my account closed or anything. That was just something stupid I said. I, like all other humans, make poor judgements quite a bit. I made a mistake.

I like all of you. I even decided to "make up" with Vinny77 (Scotch). If God can forgive me how can I not forgive my brothers.

Please accept my apologies. I didn't intend to make all this melodrama over the last few days.

If I could, I'd give a hug to all of ya and buy you a round of Pepsi :)

I'll be here. I can't leave. That dang Spyder bite seems to keep me around.

About the Calypso Jr's. - I'm trading them with a guy in Washington state for a Benchmade 905. It's got G10, titanium liners, and a tanto blade. I'll stick with that for now. After I moved the clip back and forth a few times on the Caly Jr's the blade seemed to get real close to center. Nothing is rubbing now so I don't have any problem trading them.

Feel free to email me if any of you want to talk further about anything at all. I'm available :)
lowrydw **at** yahoo dot com

Getting outside today really helped.
KeithM

Post by KeithM »

Glad to hear you're not leaving. :cool:

Have a great Easter!
crahen

Post by crahen »

Fisher of Men wrote:If I could, I'd give a hug to all of ya and buy you a round of Pepsi :)
Can I have a Coke :p
Those in the know use Spyderco.
Jimmy_Dean

Post by Jimmy_Dean »

good for you, friend
we'll always be here with open arms and accept appologies. As fas as I'm concerned, you're welcomed here, even though I didn't agree with some things that were said.

Piece of advise though, re-read carefully what you write before you submit. Doesn't take much to start a fight lately.

-Dean
WORKER#9

Post by WORKER#9 »

Thanks For Sticking Around, Il Skip The Hug But Take You Up On The Pepsi. Worker#9
greencobra

Post by greencobra »

Nothing to apologize for, venting out some steam is no big deal. Happy you're staying.
Fisher of Men

Post by Fisher of Men »

Jimmy_Dean wrote:
Piece of advise though, re-read carefully what you write before you submit. Doesn't take much to start a fight lately.

-Dean
Good advice. I'll take it ]Can I have a Coke :p [/QUOTE]

Yes you can have a coke :)

Thanks,
Fisher of Men
Sword and Shield

Post by Sword and Shield »

Well, I went through and read the posts in question.

Fisher, you're forgiven. You made a mistake, and you've atoned for it. I've been here lots of years, seen lots of flames come and go. Yours isn't a problem. :)
I am a man. But I can change. If I have to. I guess...-- The Man's Prayer, Possum Lodge #11.
ghostrider

Post by ghostrider »

Glad your staying FOM. :)
First they came for the Trade Unionists, and I did not stand up, because I was not a Trade Unionist.
[INDENT]
[INDENT][INDENT]Attributed to Pastor Martin Niemöller [/INDENT] [/INDENT][/INDENT]
Thread for tying tips:
http://spyderco.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18317

Hawkbills- Sink in the tip, and let it rip!!! :D - Axlis
Wonderful

Post by Wonderful »

Fisher of Men wrote:Getting outside today really helped.

That always gives me a lift. My knuckle-headed black Lab and her antics as soon as she gets out of the door puts the great outdoors into perspective also. If she looks at getting out of the door as an entirely new wonderful life, I may as well.

Of course, I make sure I have my Merlin in pocket. The dog is a knucklehead, but I'm not.
davec

Post by davec »

No problem dude, I'm sure all of us have said things we wish we could take back. Peace. :)
Moon

Post by Moon »

I'm starting to think FOM has a flare for the dramatics. :p
Piet.S

Post by Piet.S »

Allright Fisher, hey I got a 905 too. Was my first quality folder, they are a bit more expensive overhere you know. So birthday money allowed me to buy it. EDC'ed it for a year and a half and is now followed up by the Delica. Enjoy, hope you like it.
JDEE

Post by JDEE »

Good on yer Fisher. As we say in Oz "now is not the time to pick up your bat and ball and go home". You have real concerns about quality control and whilst I may not share them overall others do. This is the forum to raise such issues - it is only through reasoned debate on such matters that any change will be invoked. Just on the Calypso Jr I have had a number go through my hands, as a dealer, and I would say that about 25-30 percent have had blades off centre and whilst this has not impacted upon the performance of the knife it is not pleasing for some customers esp., if they are looking for "safe queens". I know we expect the best out of our knives, especially those of quality, but "cutlering" is one of the hardest parts of knifemaking and I have seen many quality knives made by quality knifemakers which have had off centre blades and in deference to Spyderco I would say there record is better than many. As an ex-Knifemaker I can tell you that getting those blades where they should be is not always easy as a microMM in one section of the blade is quickly compounded.

Anyway good to see you're staying around and look forward to your further input.
Jdee
Have a Knife Day
rusticforge.com/knives Australia
DAYWALKER

Post by DAYWALKER »

Aloha FoM!!!

Right on man! Uh...Coke W/ Lime for me please! LOL! No, if I stop drinking Pepsi, JSmith might have to get another job! :D

God blesses you bro :cool:
Proverbs 16:3...Commit YOUR works to the LORD, and YOUR plans WILL succeed!

"Where's the best little big knife not designed by Sal or Eric?" ~ thombrogan, WSM

Avatar by my KnifeBrother, DiAlex...C102 Adventura designer, 2005 Spyderco Forum Knife! ;)
4 s ter

Post by 4 s ter »

FoM

I really don't have any idea which of my posts might have been considered an "attack" on you. If you interpreted one that way, you have my apologies. Perhaps somewhere my choice of words could have been better. Certainly, nothing was intended to be an attack.

Definitely no hard feelings on this side! Glad you're staying.

David
David

"Not all who wander are lost"
"To liner or not to liner? That is the question?" -- Sal
"Rule number nine: always carry a knife." -- Special Agent Jethro Gibbs/NCIS ;)
JD Spydo

I can identify

Post by JD Spydo »

I can certainly relate with "Fisher Of Men". When I first got on the Forum about 7 months ago I know that I made some enemies inadvertantly. I, like the good brother: love Spyderco knives, The Spyderco Forum and the Great Spyder factory. I would like to ask at this time to those I have offended in the past, to please forgive me as well. Happy Easter everyone. I deem it a privaledge to be on this great Forum. It is usually the highlight of my day. GOD Bless you all. :) JD :spyder: 'O
greencobra

Post by greencobra »

Well put JD. This has all got us thinking I believe. It's very hard sometimes to walk this fine line as we do. I mean, when you don't have the person in front of you to see facial expressions, voice pattern, and tone/inflection, how do you really know what was meant.

Myself, I am going to continue in this forum and treat you all, my new friends, as I treat my "visual word" friends or anyone else for that matter, with respect. I'll disagree with you, argue with you and fool around with you but I'll be at your side if you need me.

Enough said on the subject from me. Have a good rest of the weekend.

John
Jimmy_Dean

Post by Jimmy_Dean »

and that being said, the sun shines again!
we're mature people!
Happy Easter y'all

-Dean
Fisher of Men

Post by Fisher of Men »

I'm really thankful that this has turned into a real nice thread.

Thanks everyone.

God Bless you all.
David