Spyderco warranty service a big disappointment!!!!!!

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
antichristina

Post by antichristina »

It was one knife sent in for repair for major lock play and sharpening.
ANd for most of you wannabes spyderco has always done me right when mike worked there. my ***** is 20$ for a 2$ part and a 5 min fix.
The fact is they are way understaff and can't pay qualified people to do the job so they have to overcome that with taxing the rest of us.
don't belive me ask sal and gail what kind of cars they are driving know cause they can't afford gas in theie old cars
Hannibal Lecter

Wow...

Post by Hannibal Lecter »

To our latest troll, with apologies to legitimate posters...
antichristina wrote:It was one knife sent in for repair for major lock play and sharpening, and for most of you wannabes Spyderco has always done me right when Mike worked there. My ***** is 20$ for a 2$ part and a 5 min fix.
You seem to be the type to whine about having to buy tires for your car because they wear out. The nerve of those tires... ]not[/B] making very much profit on these knives to begin with, and to expect them to decrease what little profit they do have to repair something outside the scope of their responsibility is selfish and inconsiderate at best. I would prefer Spyderco stay in business, though as an apparent disgruntled employee I rather doubt that their welfare is high on your list of concerns. :p
antichristina wrote:The fact is they are way understaffed and can't pay qualified people to do the job so they have to overcome that with taxing the rest of us.
Seems you are the only one complaining here.

The forum is full of stories of customer service above and beyond what is required]nothing[/B] to prove.

You, on the other hand: we have this entire sordid tale coming to us on your unsupported word, and you expect it to be taken as the gospel truth? :confused:
antichristina wrote:don't believe me ask sal and gail what kind of cars they are driving now cause they can't afford gas in their old cars
If you are so concerned about Sal and Gail they why complain so vehemently about their asking a pittance of you to support their business? :p

Sorry, antichristina, I just cannot find it within myself to take you or your story seriously. I postulate that you are a liar trolling here in a futile attempt to besmirch the good name of Spyderco.

I will offer a suggestion to you; I am sure you will find other forums much more accepting of one such as yourself with such an enormous chip on your shoulder. :rolleyes:

---
Ta,

H
---------------------

"I have followed with enthusiasm the course of your disgrace and public shaming. My own never bothered me except for the inconvenience of being incarcerated, but you may lack perspective."
HoB

Post by HoB »

antichristina wrote: ANd for most of you wannabes spyderco has always done me right when mike worked there. my ***** is 20$ for a 2$ part and a 5 min fix.
Since you seem to be such an expert yourself, why didn't you just get the part and did the fix yourself, especially since you seem to be so well connected in the Spyderco world.

If you have a ligitimate complained with the repair of your Military, what could that possibly have to do with the car Mr. Glesser is driving?

Sounds as if Zrexxer is right.
Buddha-boy

Post by Buddha-boy »

Hannibal Lecter wrote:Sorry, antichristina, I just cannot find it within myself to take you or your story seriously. I postulate that you are a liar trolling here in a futile attempt to besmirch the good name of Spyderco.

H
Hannibal can even speak Yiddish! :D Mesjogge !
Free your mind, and you will find peace
The General

Post by The General »

Can't afford the gas for their old cars? Or are you really having a go at the fact they own several cars? :rolleyes:

What Sal and Gail spend their money on is their business and no one else.

If you have a problem with a warranty issue, why do this? NO CLASS. :mad:
My real name is Wayne :D
Buddha-boy

Post by Buddha-boy »

I can hardly believe Spyderco is not making enough money. They have a good reputation and a collection of "old timers" that still bring in a constant flow of money ( Delica, Endura, Police) They have been able to produce one of the best folder this year with the introduction of the Manix. They also where able to produce a good affordable butterfly knife that is held i high regard with the "flippers" among us.

Spyderco still invests in certain projects that have limited potential or are risky for the "mill of he run " knife buyer ( pikal, Yojimbo, Gunting, Dodo)

They have designed a whole new range of knives the last 5 years. If they where in financial problems i am shure they would limit the amount of "specials" and would downgrade on steel and materials ( like Cold Steel )

I don't see any signs that Spyderco has financial problems, but i think that the Byrd line was designed to drill a new oilwell so Spyderco can keep on producing high quality knives for the serious collectors.

Benchmade has their colour classes, Spyderco has Byrd.
Free your mind, and you will find peace
Scotch

Post by Scotch »

It is his/her opinion. Anybody can come here make fun and say how bad the company/service is. or they can come and say how good it is. Nohbody should be forced to keep the opinion of the general public. It is what they belive in because of the experience they had. If 90% people say they have amazing service it doesnt mean that they actully have good service. Maybe to that 90% standard of service. As you all know I have been banned from many forums. All for just speaking my opinion. ad not agreeing with the majority. Such as i say the Para-Millia is plagued with problems. Poeple tell me I am crazy. That is fine. It is me as the comsumer and I have my own opinion to rate spyderco as a company. maybe My optinion will help somebody who is looking into buying a knife for the first time. If I really wasent concerned then I dont think I would waste my time here. I obviosly have a reason to be here. Or manybe people go crazy on me becosue they regret there purchases and know that I am correct.

It is all opinion. If I were to say Spyderco is a horrible company. I should be allowed to say so. Just becosue you disagree and think I am crazy. and I do think spyderco is a good campany. If I didnt I wouldent own 2 of there knives.

The best thing any company can get is people giving them complaints. This way they know how to change for better satisfaction of the customers
The General

Post by The General »

There are ways and proceedures to complain and ask questions. Some people can make a point in an honourable way. Others are just crude and stupid. I would never say a person got a ban for representing a reasonably argued point of view on most forums.

Some people just get it, others just don't. Just because you or anyone (this post is not intended as a "pop" at anyone in particular) are sitting in a room with a computer, does not give anyone the right to forget to use simple manners.

Some of the comments I see posted on this and other forums, if said face to face would result in a smack in the gob and shock at the lack of manners! To quote Gail, "some people are butt nuggets"!!! :D
My real name is Wayne :D
4 s ter

Post by 4 s ter »

Here we go again, making mountains out of molehills. Now Scotch/Vinny's ParaMilitary with a microscopic "burr" has become
Scotch wrote:the Para-Millia is plagued with problems.
Scotch wrote:The best thing any company can get is people giving them complaints
However, they should be accurate, not exaggerated (or fictional)

But this is just my opinion, which I do have the right to post, don't I Scotch/Vinny?

David
David

"Not all who wander are lost"
"To liner or not to liner? That is the question?" -- Sal
"Rule number nine: always carry a knife." -- Special Agent Jethro Gibbs/NCIS ;)
4 s ter

Post by 4 s ter »

antichristina

With your background, many of your posts on this forum have been of great value. However, you intermix these with sly comments, and some not so sly slaps, at Sal and others. That mixed with the sometimes denigrating comments you make about the forum members ("wannabes") make it easy to discount all of your posts as "sour grapes". It's unfortunate. I've be around long enough to remember you in better days. In my opinion, the majority of your "anitchristina" posts do more to discredit you than to discredit Spyderco.

David
David

"Not all who wander are lost"
"To liner or not to liner? That is the question?" -- Sal
"Rule number nine: always carry a knife." -- Special Agent Jethro Gibbs/NCIS ;)
KBR

PAY ATTENTION; antichristina and vinny

Post by KBR »

Think about this;

If you don't like Harley Davidson for one reason or another, are you going to walk into a biker bar and proclaim how much Harleys are flawed, or inferior to other motorcycles? I don't think so.

Why? You are walking in there KNOWING that your opinion is going to cause an uprising against you.

Both of you have your opinions about Spyderco, whether positive or negative, and you do have the right to have that opinion. However, when you come in and start posting negative posts about Spyderco....at the Spyderco HOME forum on THEIR website, you know that you are disturbing a hornet's nest and you are going to get stung.

You want to have your opinion...FINE! Have your opinion, but DO NOT post here unless you want to get flak that you can't handle.

Vinny, you seemed to have gotten on the right track....I suggest that you get back on it or you will be banned from this forum as well.

antichristina, have someone change your diaper and get on with your life.....
"A man who is of sound mind is one who keeps the inner madman under lock and key."--- Paul Valery

Survive, Adapt, and Overcome...
antichristina

Post by antichristina »

EAT IT!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm not complaing about you lousy troll wannabees.
Just the decrease in quality of the warr/repair system that used to be the example. :D
KBR

Post by KBR »

Originally posted by vinny,
The best thing any company can get is people giving them complaints. This way they know how to change for better satisfaction of the customers

Boy, oh boy, do you know how to show how immature you are. :rolleyes:

Feedback from the ELU is the best way for a company to know what exactly one is looking for in a knife. Opinions and feedback(BOTH positive and negative) that are posted in forums, like this one, can prove invaluable to a company that is seeking to provide top notch products and services to their customers.

Constantly having complaints of one company's products would just steer some individuals to buy other products from someone else, right? It seems as though you and antichristina might be in this category, so why don't you find another manufacturer that has perfect knives, perfect customer service, and is completely flawless in order for you both to be content?

Spyderco will not go out of business if you two never buy another Spydie.....
"A man who is of sound mind is one who keeps the inner madman under lock and key."--- Paul Valery

KBR

Post by KBR »

Now this troll has really lost it.... Image Image Image

Rob

Post by Rob »

The next one freaking out! Great! :mad:
This was so a nice place....

:( , Rob
Scotch

Post by Scotch »

yeah i would go into that bar,

and about the para Spyderco got it and it is being replaced,

Oh **** looks like there was problems
crahen

Post by crahen »

"Can't we all, just get along?" - Who was that masked man :confused:

This is like a BAD soap opera, with the two stars on drugs :eek:

One old saying comes to mind with all this; NOTHING is perfect!!

Love and Peace
:D :D :D :D
Those in the know use Spyderco.
Scotch

Post by Scotch »

tons of things are perfect. Just not american made spyderco knives,
Carlos

Post by Carlos »

Looks like all parties have had their say and this is just going to decline further into flames. Closing it up.
"Wild animals are beautiful because they have hard lives."
- Paul Graham