My co-worker chose the Rookie...

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Jeff/1911

My co-worker chose the Rookie...

Post by Jeff/1911 »

After watching me buy my three Spyderco's (so far) in relatively short order, my friend at work decided that he should probably own one of these knives.

After review of the forum products page and the brochure that I gave him, he initially leaned towards the Endura w/ serrated edge, then the Delica with plain edge...but finally has settled on the stainless steel Rookie model with a plain edge; as an all around choice. He mentioned that after looking at the others, he really likes the way that the s/s Rookie just "glides" into the pocket...compared to the FRN handled knives. He also likes the appearance of the s/s handles as they appear to match the apparent high quality of the rest of the knife better.

I explained to him that I have enjoyed observing his exploration of the Spyderco products and wished him good luck at buying "just one".

Jeff/1911.
Ed Gordon

Post by Ed Gordon »

The Rookie is a good knife. I have the G 10 plainedge versions and use them a ton when we go camping and when in and around water with no signs of rusting....Ed.
Jeff/1911

Post by Jeff/1911 »

Ed,

Mine is a G-10 serrated Rookie and I like it very much, too. This is the one my co-worker saw first. To me, this model is a great balance of compact size and capability. Seems kind of like a "high-end" Delica to me.

Jeff/1911.
Jeff/1911

Post by Jeff/1911 »

Man, that stainless steel, plain edged Rookie is sweet. Just plain gorgeous. Jeff/1911.