Calypso Jr. Will I like It

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Scotch

Calypso Jr. Will I like It

Post by Scotch »

I have been reading the forums here for a few months now and have decided to get a Spyderco. I have only had Swiss army knives and Bucks but I thought it was time to move up. So I decided to get a Spyderco. I really can’t wait to get it. I chose the Calypso Jr as my first. I wanted a black one but the grey is also nice. I’ve seen some of you guys becoming addicted so I wanted to start off slow.

I hope its good, just saying hello

Thx
Will
clovisc

Post by clovisc »

the calypso jr. is a great first spyderco. it's one of my favorite of spyderco's designs. the VG-10 steel is fantastic, especially flatground... and the ergonomics are great!
vinny77

Post by vinny77 »

I am thinking about one, I am going to take the advice and learn how to sharpen a knife first before i buy a expensive $80+ knife.

Hope I get a refund on the para before they sell out of these
Gibsoniam

Calypso Jr.

Post by Gibsoniam »

Up until recently, the Calypso Jr. was my favorite. I've had a black PE one, a black SE one, and recently a grey PE. I think the grey is the slickest color, not too many knives out there that color. The forthcoming burgundy I think will be nice, too. :rolleyes:

Anyway, I've "upgraged" to the penknife, which is basically a Calypso with higher grade materials and a slipjoint lock instead of a lockback.

I've heard Calypso are getting scarce (don't know if thats true or not) but I see black and grey ones on ebay fairly often.

Good luck, and ease into your addiction! :eek:
Mike :cool:

<><
1 Peter 3:15

"A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity;
an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."
Winston Churchill

EDC
Spyderco Meerkat Sprint
HDS Systems EDC Executive 140W
Fisher Space Pen
Piet.S

Post by Piet.S »

Hi Scotch, and welcome. If you like your knife to be real sharp, you'r as good as hooked.
CKE

Post by CKE »

Scotch welcome to the :spyder: Forum. It is THE place to be. As per the Calypso Jr...it is the lightsaber of Spydercos. It is by far the sharpest Spydie I have bought to date. Buy it, you won't regret it. Take Care!!!
Keep Fighting the Good Fight!
greencobra

Post by greencobra »

That was my first Spyderco. Great knife. I got 2 off Ebay last month, buy it now option, 28.99 ea. and the seller paid shipping. One I'll eventually use and the other will sit in the safe.

BTW, welcome.
charlie

Post by charlie »

Buy it!!! On sale at the Spyderco Factory Outlet (SFO) @ $34.95 it's a real bargain. I like mine and a favorite every day carry (EDC). welcome to Spyderco web site. :) :)
:spyder: Collector #047
C.P. Adams Jr.
Fisher of Men

Post by Fisher of Men »

vinny77 wrote:I am thinking about one, I am going to take the advice and learn how to sharpen a knife first before i buy a expensive $80+ knife.

Hope I get a refund on the para before they sell out of these
Vinny77,

Please leave.

You're a SCAM artist. You got real issues bud.

Please just leave. No need to come here and act all 'like nothing happened' after you got banned from BladeForums.com for being a jerk.

PLEASE LEAVE.
Fisher of Men

Post by Fisher of Men »

Scotch wrote:I have been reading the forums here for a few months now and have decided to get a Spyderco. I have only had Swiss army knives and Bucks but I thought it was time to move up. So I decided to get a Spyderco. I really can’t wait to get it. I chose the Calypso Jr as my first. I wanted a black one but the grey is also nice. I’ve seen some of you guys becoming addicted so I wanted to start off slow.

Thx
Will
Scotch,

Welcome. You'll enjoy it here. I just got my Calypso Jr. today in the mail. I haven't seen it yet, but I ordered the Grey FRN from Spyderco.

I'll be posting a review at BladeForums.com later tonight after I see the knife and get to play with it a bit.

Cheers,
Fisher of Men
Scotch

Post by Scotch »

I can't wait
DAYWALKER

Post by DAYWALKER »

Aloha and welcome Scotch!

Yup...as CKE said, the caly' Jr. is the lightsaber of :spyder: knives!!! It is just awesome!

God bless :cool:
Proverbs 16:3...Commit YOUR works to the LORD, and YOUR plans WILL succeed!

"Where's the best little big knife not designed by Sal or Eric?" ~ thombrogan, WSM

Avatar by my KnifeBrother, DiAlex...C102 Adventura designer, 2005 Spyderco Forum Knife! ;)
boxer93

Post by boxer93 »

Scotch,
Welcome to the forum. I hope you enjoy your stay. As for your choice I don't think you will be disappointed. I have 2 users, 7 waiting to be somewhere else and I've given away 3 that I can remember.
Chris
Be Excellent to each other.
hanswurst

Post by hanswurst »

hi scotch!
welcome to the forum.
will you like your caly jr.? i bet you will. it's been my edc ever since i got it. very light, won't weigh down your pocket. fits great in the hand. very sharp and stays that way for quite a while. hard to beat for the price.

marco
crahen

Post by crahen »

Scotch wrote:I have been reading the forums here for a few months now and have decided to get a Spyderco. I have only had Swiss army knives and Bucks but I thought it was time to move up. So I decided to get a Spyderco. I really can’t wait to get it. I chose the Calypso Jr as my first. I wanted a black one but the grey is also nice. I’ve seen some of you guys becoming addicted so I wanted to start off slow.

Thx
Will
PUT THE CALYPSO DOWN AND STEP AWAY FROM THE TABLE! DON'T TOUCH IT! HAVE SOMEONE ELSE SEND IT BACK! THIS IS FOR YOUR OWN GOOD!

If you pick it up you will be bitten by the Spyder Disease :eek: :eek:
THE SPYDERCO FANATIC DISEASE :eek:

If you put it in you hand you will be lost :( You will join the rest of us steel sniffing, hole playing, crazies :eek:

YOU HAVE BEEN FAIRLY WARNED!!

Oh yeah, HOWDY!, and welcome to the forum :D
Those in the know use Spyderco.
spyken

Post by spyken »

if you like screaming sharp knives, you will LOVE the calypso. heck, it's my only knife that passes the toilet paper test. and I love VG10...more so than S30V. the grey FRN immediately "upgrades" the calypso to a different league...I wish the ZDP189 version would be in grey, not burgundy.....
spyken
turebrand

Post by turebrand »

I got my Calypso Jr today and it´s an awesome knife, a pocket straight razor...
Why isn´t this model :spyder: :s bestseller?

Thanks Chris :)

/Anders
ghostrider

Post by ghostrider »

crahen wrote:PUT THE CALYPSO DOWN AND STEP AWAY FROM THE TABLE! DON'T TOUCH IT! HAVE SOMEONE ELSE SEND IT BACK! THIS IS FOR YOUR OWN GOOD!

If you pick it up you will be bitten by the Spyder Disease :eek: :eek:
THE SPYDERCO FANATIC DISEASE :eek:

If you put it in you hand you will be lost :( You will join the rest of us steel sniffing, hole playing, crazies :eek:

YOU HAVE BEEN FAIRLY WARNED!!

Oh yeah, HOWDY!, and welcome to the forum :D
What he said.
First they came for the Trade Unionists, and I did not stand up, because I was not a Trade Unionist.
[INDENT]
[INDENT][INDENT]Attributed to Pastor Martin Niemöller [/INDENT] [/INDENT][/INDENT]
Thread for tying tips:
http://spyderco.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18317

Hawkbills- Sink in the tip, and let it rip!!! :D - Axlis
GarageBoy

Post by GarageBoy »

Grey over Burgandy anyday.