just out of curiosity...

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Gerard Breuker

Post by Gerard Breuker »

I am 43 and looking back bought junk far too long. I bought my first Spyderco less then a year ago and still have only five and two on order. I have no wish to become a collector but I have yet to find a way to stop buying more :spyder: . I may limit myself to only ten a year or so.
silverback

Post by silverback »

OK, I'll reinforce the average. I'm 32 (turning 33 in summer) which makes the current average 33.1 years.
The cleaned-up average is 32.6 (without far-end values like 60 and 15, sorry Deacon and DOD-Gixxer :) ), exactly my age.
It would be considerate if younger members would stop posting now so I don't have to feel like an old geezer. :D

Considering wisdom: I learned that quality will actually be a lower investment than having to replace junk, luckily before I started collecting knives.
Got my first knife when I was around 12 - Victorinox of course! :)
The first knife I bought myself was the Boeker Speedlock. I wish I'd never bought the SS PE Rookie, that's the one that started the fatal attraction. :o
Few people think more than two or three times a year; I have made an international reputation for myself by thinking once or twice a week. -George Bernard Shaw

Go is a pursuit of such value that one can devote a lifetime to it and have nothing to regret. Why not, then, challenge the limit of your powers. -Toshiro Kageyama 7-Dan
Nicky

Post by Nicky »

I'm 20 baby!
The social revolution is now a fact. As I've discover, I'm a proteiform. The only question that remain unclear is; Who are you?
Hannibal Lecter

A Bit Above Average

Post by Hannibal Lecter »

35 years of age as I type this. I feel older than normal today due to a huge computer network Cat5e cabling job yesterday. Seven hours of duckwalking in a four-foot high space above the ceiling of an attorney's office is enough to make your age somewhat apparent, at least to yourself...

---
Ta,

H
---------------------

"I have followed with enthusiasm the course of your disgrace and public shaming. My own never bothered me except for the inconvenience of being incarcerated, but you may lack perspective."
Stevie Ray

Post by Stevie Ray »

Well ... I'm going to have to admit that I'm 46. :cool:
Steve
Senate

Post by Senate »

26 here. bought my first spydie at a knife store with my mom when I was 14, a ss Police. I soon bought 3 more: almite cricket, centofante and spydercard. I also started to ask for Al Mar fixed blade as birthday present around that age :cool:
the addiction to knife kinda faded away for some years to start again last summer, I bought a Gunting and 50 more since then :)
Alexandre.
-------------------------------------------------
Spyderco WTC#1978
tortoise

Post by tortoise »

-Oh and my partner is 4.
chucklehead

Post by chucklehead »

methuselah was a piker, i always have been, i always will be.
HoB

Post by HoB »

31 here. (Pretty close to average)

After a practical training in 9th grade in a professional kitchen of big and famed Hotel in my hometown kitchen knifes became a fascination. Tended to look down on pocket knives as "non-users" :rolleyes: . Always had some of the indistigueshed variety, Opinels, Saks, Leathermen, two Lagiole somewhere in there of which I have still one, a Gerber etc. My interest in Spydercos and pocket knives in general, fueled by two friends started fall 2003. I've set myself a limit of 6 knives (folders only), when I buy a seventh I force myself to give one away (friends, family). But I decided to change that to seven, because I want both a VG-10 and a ZDP-189 Calypso when it comes out, to compare them, so I count them as one :)
Hapkidoin

Post by Hapkidoin »

57 years old here, with more knives than I care to admit to.

:cool:
jyork

Post by jyork »

Well I'm 35 and been collecting Spyderco for almost 10 years now. Been carrying a knife since my boyscout days as a young teenager.
Jyork- Collector #123
JDEE

Post by JDEE »

I am 55 and been collecting and using knives for over 45 of those years but only bought my first Spydie 12 months ago and now have about 7 with my favourites being the Calypso Jr and Bill Moran Fb01. I started my knife adventure when it was "legal" and encouraged for Boy Scouts to wear a fixed blade or sheath knife as we called 'em.
Jdee
Have a Knife Day
rusticforge.com/knives Australia
Goldtanker

Post by Goldtanker »

62 - Got my first knife - an official Boy Scout fixed blade, from my grandfather when I was 10. My first Spydie was a small stainless model, (similar in size to the Dragonfly). I got it 20 years ago and carried it on the job, IWB, weakside, until I retired. I'm kind of new to official collecting and only have 15 Spydies. Two of those are on loan to my wife. ;)
"They've got us surrounded again ... the poor bastards." - Gen. Creighton Abrams
Spyderco WTC#1394 and #2305
CKE

Post by CKE »

I'll be 26 in May. Yes an income definetly helps feed the addiction. So does a student loan :) I got my first Spydie at 16 and haven't looked back. I have dabled in other brands and like other brands but I have around 35 Spydies in my collection. I started with a Delica and went to a SS PE Police..can't remember what came next :o Take Care!!!
Keep Fighting the Good Fight!
Stuart Ackerman

Post by Stuart Ackerman »

45 in March this year... first was a Mariner, then FRN Endura PE, then the rest...

Remember all you kids out there..,. Age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill !!!
Is this why Sal has lasted so long??!!!
Nah.. His excuse is Maturity and Integrity....
CKE

Post by CKE »

Zackerty> I had a coach that said that to us all the time. He also said that in the banister of life remember him as the splinter in my a$$. One of the best teacher/coaches I ever had. Thanks for the memories :)
Keep Fighting the Good Fight!
Shiden

Post by Shiden »

I am 22 years old and medical student.

Shiden
Stuart Ackerman

Post by Stuart Ackerman »

CKE,
My teacher when I was 15 told us that " it matters not what you are now, but what you will become. " She affected my life enough, that I think about her every now and then, wondering where she would be today.

Stuart
wallyg

Post by wallyg »

I'm 46. My father gave me a G 10 Police, PE for Christmas about 6 years ago. The last year they were made I believe. And everyone knows you can't just have one Spyderco! My collection of 4 is about to become 5 with the arrival of a Delica SS, PE any day now. I plan on doing customizing on it. Move the clip and than off to Santa Fe Stoneworks! :D
Is that sharp?
ADS

Post by ADS »

I'll be 24 in a little less than two weeks and I think my birthday will be good cause for adding another spydie to my collection.