A Pen Knife By Any Other Name

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Gibsoniam

A Pen Knife By Any Other Name

Post by Gibsoniam »

I just picked up a UK Pen Knife for myself from Beck's Cutlery. I can't remember who recommended Beck's in the forum for finding it, but thanks very much!

I just have to say, being a Calypso Jr. fan, I love this knife! I don't miss the lock at all, and since I'm moving soon to a municipality that doesn't like locking knives, this was a worthwhile investment for me. It's just the right size (almost identical in size to the Calypso Jr.) with improved ergonomics, and you've got to love the grip-you-right-back G-10 handle!

Thanks go also to Sal for such a great knife!

Michael
Sacramento, CA
Hellz

Post by Hellz »

The Penknife is great, being able to carry a quality knife and remain within the law is a great feeling.

Being in the UK the Penknife has changed my blade buying habits quite a bit, I haven't bought another folder since, there doesn't seem to be any point when the Penknife is so good AND legal...

Hellz
J Smith

Post by J Smith »

I thought that the UK had changed the law about locking blades.
[CENTER]0 0[/CENTER]
[CENTER]<[/CENTER]
[CENTER]\____/[/CENTER]
chux

Post by chux »

J Smith wrote:I thought that the UK had changed the law about locking blades.
If only :(
Byrði betri ber-at maður brautu að en sé manvit mikið.
Blades

Post by Blades »

It was probably me who recommend Beck's. Patsy has always taken care of me, so I recommend Beck's alot. :)

Blades
gabo

Post by gabo »

Becks is the best, and I live only an hour away! Costs me dearly!
patogordo

Post by patogordo »

Hey guys can you share becks webpage or email desperately looking for a penknife, just received an email from Mike at NGK that he is not receiving any more penknifes and dont know wher to buy them in the UK

thanks

German
Slowly one at a Time, but someday...
uncleknife

Bad News

Post by uncleknife »

I just spoke to the gentleman at Beck's today 1/26/05, he told me he just sold his last one & doesn't know if he will be able to get more.
Gibsoniam

It Was Me!

Post by Gibsoniam »

Blades, it WAS you who recommended Becks. Thank you VERY much. My wife and I are moving to San Antonio, and as mentioned in a previous thread, it seems they frown upon locking knives in San Antonio. And, if they don't, it's still my new favorite knife! :)

I think I bought that last one they had at Back's, they were collectors pieces that had no collectors assigned to the numbers.

Many others have said to try a knife reseller in the UK (hennie's, I think?) and according to their website, they are willing to ship over the pond to U.S.

Thanks again, Blades!

Michael
Sacramento, CA
boxer93

Post by boxer93 »

patogordo wrote:Hey guys can you share becks webpage or email desperately looking for a penknife, just received an email from Mike at NGK that he is not receiving any more penknifes and dont know wher to buy them in the UK

thanks

German
patogordo,
Darth Mentioned Heinnie's Here the link. http://www.heinnie.com
Good Luck, I have to send mine to W&R It looks like one of the BP washers got buggered up on assembly. I also noticed that the scales are a tad smaller then the caly Jr's
Chris
Be Excellent to each other.