Lil' Temperance??

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Ted

Post by Ted »

A compression lock only requires dual steel liners. The handle material doesn't matter.
The first Vesuvius (now Centofante III) was a compression lock with FRN handles.

Ted
scolby

Post by scolby »

Make the new one linerless with an integral ti compression lock ala the Salsa. Deepen the carry point on the clip and I too will be a happy camper.
"Chance favors the prepared mind" - Louis Pasteur
JD Spydo

A candidate for ZDP-189

Post by JD Spydo »

Carlos wrote:I'm not likely to be a Lil Temp user, being in the 21st century slipjoint camp now, so take this suggestion for whatever it is worth:

Combined with an FRN handle, this would be the perfect opportunity to have a regular production model with ZDP-189 steel.

Paired with a limited production S30V stateside-made model, with either a CF or Ti handle to satisfy the high-end user.
Carlos you stole my thunder "big time"!! If Mr. Glesser is looking for another candidate for a Spydie to make with ZDP-189 there couldn't be a better endorsement than the Lil' Temperance. With it's unique design and being an obscure favorite that it is then I would say do it in 189 and bring on a premium handle. :) :spyder: :)
golem

Post by golem »

Actually, compromising a big difference on handle feeling/traction/looking for a slight upgrade on blade performance doesn't make too much sense to me. Cost wise, I will be happy with the current G10+steel liner+30v profile, and VG-10 is good enough for me to celebrate with some beer.
gadfly

Post by gadfly »

I purchased a Lil' T when it first came out. I loved then and I love it now.

I was disappointed to hear that the blade is being discontinued.

Currently, my rotation of knives as my EDC are the Military, the Lil' T and the Spyderench (in that order).

Ti sounds good!
One way or the other, you pay for your tools!
thombrogan

Post by thombrogan »

Keep it in G10 and make the clip ambidextrous and I guarantee I'll buy it. I'm cuckoo for nested compression locks. Love 'em on my aluminum Salsa and my Yojimbo.
"I knew you before you knew you had hands!" ~Tracey Brogan

"Ah-ha! A Spyderco moment!" ~Michael Cook

"Hawkbills - Sink in the tip and let it rip!" ~Axlis

"I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers which can't be questioned" ~Richard Feynman
JD Spydo

New Dad

Post by JD Spydo »

I am announcing a new addition to my family ( Spyder family that is). I just became the proud father of a Lil Temperance 440V with the "trailing point" little bowie type blade. If we were all closer to each other I would pass out cigars. That's just how I feel about my new found, almost instant favorite carrying knife. I am now on a mission to find a couple of them in S30V. I am so overcome with joy. It has been about 6 months since a new knife has made me this joyful. You see you all, I practice what I preach. Dr. Lecter I will call your office today to schedule an appointment for a check up for the lil' fellow :p to make sure that he passes your strict scrutiny. This is a proud moment for Spyderville. I won't rest until I get one in S30V. :D :spyder: :spyder: :D