New idea for the Delica...

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
dialex

Post by dialex »

Hi Slvgx. Thank you for your interest.
I'm afraid though that you'll be a bit dissapointed, as there isn't much to see. It's just a Delica with some minor adjustments I made some time ago. I never thought it would draw too much attention. The pics are a bit old, it currently has a modified wireclip (imagine a short Salsa clip (about 1.5") with the ends twisted at 180° like the clip from the Meerkat - it rides really deep in the pocket). I made it that short to let the "dot" with the bug exposed, because there's where I grab the knife for grip reversal. The problem is that the clip itself is too rigid and holds the clothing too tight. But if it would have been more flexible, you could easily lose your knife.
Anyway, this knife is my very EDC for a couple years now and I'm very pleased of the way it performs. It has been heavily used and abused. The blade has a few deep scratches and the barrel of the clip is no longer black... but otherwise everything works OK :cool:
Attachments
delicaly.jpg
delicaly.jpg (19.6 KiB) Viewed 1589 times
details.jpg
details.jpg (41.49 KiB) Viewed 1559 times
The mind commands the body and it obeys. The mind orders itself and meets resistance.
ASmitty

How about another update

Post by ASmitty »

While we're at it why not give this G-10 Delica a compression lock or even a ball-lock to update it even more.

Post by 224477 »

to dialex:

your delica tune-up is real or just photoshopped?
looks good especially the full flat grind..
dialex

Post by dialex »

It's real.
The mind commands the body and it obeys. The mind orders itself and meets resistance.
Clubkey

Post by Clubkey »

Dialex,

Very nice work on the Delica :) Excellent pictures also!

Actually the first Spyderco I ever purchased was a PE Delica and I still have it. If anything should ever happen to my Rookie I wouldn't hesitate to carry it as my EDC once again.

Have a great evening!

Club
Slvgx

Post by Slvgx »

Wow! i am impressed. I'd love to see new pictures with the different clip!