Profit?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
spyderknut

Profit?

Post by spyderknut »

What is the most you ever made selling a Spyderco knife (price sold -(price paid + taxes +shipping)?

What was the most money you lost selling a Spydie?

What was the knife?

Are you glad now you sold it?
Nicky

Post by Nicky »

We are not here to sell knives but to buy them! I hope it will help you getting in the right way bro... ;)
The social revolution is now a fact. As I've discover, I'm a proteiform. The only question that remain unclear is; Who are you?
spyderknut

Post by spyderknut »

I too buy, buy, buy. I have no inkling that my sickness will make me money. I have yet to sell though I have given some away. I guess that counts as a loss. So far the most expensive one was a numbered black Salsa. I think I paid around $50 for it plus say $5 shipping. So $55 for me.
J Smith

Post by J Smith »

Well I did buy a blue G10 Native for 70.00 and sold it for 187.50 on Ebay.I kind of wish I hadn't sold it but I have another one in the dispaly case.
[CENTER]0 0[/CENTER]
[CENTER]<[/CENTER]
[CENTER]\____/[/CENTER]
severedthumbs

Post by severedthumbs »

i twas given a civilian and I sod it for $70, only Spyderco I can remember selling. i have given mist away to family and friends. I have no regrets for selling it because it was serrated blade.
bassist

?

Post by bassist »

Hey spyderknut!!!!!! can i have one?!!!!! pretty pretty please. ill send some hawaiian sunshine to your neighborhood. lol.
Ted

Post by Ted »

I rarely make a profit when selling stuff. Overall I think I'm between 0-10% loss. I usually buy to be able to handle and feel a model, and then sell or trade it if it's not what I thought it would be or if I'm not carrying it after some time.

Ted
DAYWALKER

Post by DAYWALKER »

Hey there Spyderknut!!!

What happened bro...either you hit it big, OR lost out big!!! LOL! Nah...this don't apply to me as I have never actually sold a :spyder: for money. I either give em away or trade 'em.

SOMETIMES, they pop up in the mail mysteriously!!! ;)

God bless slo-mo!!!
Proverbs 16:3...Commit YOUR works to the LORD, and YOUR plans WILL succeed!

"Where's the best little big knife not designed by Sal or Eric?" ~ thombrogan, WSM

Avatar by my KnifeBrother, DiAlex...C102 Adventura designer, 2005 Spyderco Forum Knife! ;)
thom lambert

Post by thom lambert »

My only profit has been in trade value. A little over a year ago, one of the online dealers was selling Lum Chinese folders off for $49!! I bought two, and traded one for another knife of about $120 value.

I am still kicking myself for not scooping a few more of those Lums, but they were gone in days.

Thom
wotanson

Post by wotanson »

I usually make money or at least break even when I sell some of my knives. Times appear to be tough now a days, I've been trying to sell a G-10 Harpy for a week on knife forums, or at least get a good trade, but no bites so far :mad: It drives you mad that you are willing to take a hit financialy on a pristine knife and no one seems to care! Oh well. Cheers, Rob
HOW BOUT THEM RED SOX!!
ODIN, GUIDE MY SWORD TO ETERNAL VICTORY!
jaxon

Post by jaxon »

What?????? Sell a Spydie :( . Naw, my wife will be stuck with this collection after I'm gone.

Jaxon
Live to Ride....Ride to Live
Nicky

Post by Nicky »

What is that: "my wife will be stuck with this collection after I'm gone"!

I want to be burried (alive or not) with my spyderco!
The social revolution is now a fact. As I've discover, I'm a proteiform. The only question that remain unclear is; Who are you?
kudzu74

Response...

Post by kudzu74 »

Great question...I have to say...the most I ever made was on a recent transaction through ebay. I sold my new Spyderco CF Walker PE for a total of $390 USD. I bought the knife a couple of years back for around $220 USD. However, I figured out that after the $10 USD ebay fee and the $15 USD paypal fee and of course the shipping fees. I actually made a profit of approximately $100 USD. I consider that a pretty dandy deal considering I've got another Walker that the Swiss company put out from the leftover parts though it has a thumb stud and no spydie hole and no clipit either. The hardware is the bronze and brass anozided gray instead of the blue titanium stuff. I do have to say it looks sharp and I'm not afraid to carry that one unlike the original. Besides I basically swapped out my masterpiece in my collection from the Spyderco CF Walker to the prototype Spyderco Ocelot #ed 029! ;)