Everyone's Favorite Spyderco?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
spyderknut

Post by spyderknut »

Caly Jr. with burgundy FRN and ZDP-189 blade this year. A run of 1200 I think.

My favorite is probably the Police model. Most blade per still relatively compact size.

UK Penknife will see a lot of pocket time when I get another one.
bigcat

Post by bigcat »

My favorite EDC for years is Pro-Venator SS 60/40 ATS-55 combo edge.
"The Power that made the body, Heals the body."
clovisc

Post by clovisc »

it might sound a bit odd, but lately my favorite EDC is the pacific salt SE.

the H1 steel in SE stays sharp, cuts like crazy seemingly forever, and won't rust.

i also don't feel bad using it heavily, because it's not that expensive.

i've found it can deliver some pretty intense slashing cuts, and makes a pretty good alternative to the civilian for self-defense. i carry it with confidence while walking around alone at night through the countryside (i like my late night walks!!).

i also use it at work in very social settings to cut apart boxes.

most people don't seem to find it as intimidating looking as some of my other knives... i suppose the less pointed shape of the blade makes it seem and look more like a cutting tool than a crazy stabbing/killing weapon.

also -- i've been in situations where i've had to temporarily "ditch" knives, so as to avoid the hassle of dealing with bored law enforcement officers. i'd feel confident leaving my pacific salt in the woods somewhere, even for a couple days, in the rain. no way i'd let that happen to my chinook!

if the world were perfect, this knife would come with a G10 handle, and tip-down carry.
Sundown

I love my Spydies!

Post by Sundown »

Off-duty: I alternate between my PE FRN Goddard and a Manix in my right front pocket. I also carry either an SS PE Dragonfly or an almite PE Navigator in the change pouch of my right pocket. I carry an Emerson Mini-Com on my weak side. I always carry a multi-tool as well, usually a Leatherman SideClip or a SOG ParaTool, in a sheath on my belt.

On-duty: Manix, strong side front pocket. Emerson Mini-Com, weak side, front pocket. Scorpius, in the trauma plate pocket of my BP vest. Benchmade 710 in a sheath on my duty-belt. Leatherman Blast in a sheath on my duty-belt.

As you can see, I like to mix it up a little. You can never have too many knives. The Spydies, however, are my primary go-to blades. :spyder: :)

Sundown
GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS!!
Sundown

Post by Sundown »

Whichever Spydie I'm carrying at the time! Currently, the Manix. :spyder: ;)
GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS!!
JD Spydo

the 2 Amigos

Post by JD Spydo »

The 2 Spydies I like to carry when I am strictly showing off. They are the PE Massad Ayoob and the SE Dodo. That my friends is a true one,two punch. :) :spyder: :)
jimbo@stn24

Post by jimbo@stn24 »

For EDC at work and general use, the PE Stretch. Hiking and outdoors, a PE Military.
grg

Post by grg »

I carry my grey calypso Jr every day.even when I go hunting and take my hunting knives,I still carry the calypso clipped inside my shirt pocket.its the one knife I can't seem to do without.
rico

Post by rico »

Carbon Fiber Walker, Dragonfly, Cricket :D
RIC
budman1950

Post by budman1950 »

I currently carry a PE Dodo and a Ronin. I shaved down the Kydex sheath for belt carry only on the weak side. Works out well as I'm currently working security for a large mortgage company and they aren't enamored with us carrying firearms. The Dodo is for EDC and the Ronin for SD.

My favorite Spyderco is the Military, any of the steels. I'm getting used to the Paramilitary as a replacement for the Militarys I've given to my daughters that are awaiting deployment. Over the years I've owned, used and sold dozens and dozens of Spydercos. I'm currently down to 10, not counting the kitchen knives and the ones family members have.
Delica_Nut

Everyone's Favorite Spyderco?

Post by Delica_Nut »

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
chucklehead

Post by chucklehead »

dyad & when is there going to be an update!
Jenner 515

Post by Jenner 515 »

Favorites in the EDC rotation are: Renegade, D'allara Rescue, Black PE Dodo, Manix, Persian, SS Kiwi, Black Aluminum PE Salsa, SS Native CE, ... Also in the collection but a bit esoteric for EDC: Spyderfly, Bob Lum Tanto FB, ...oh and recently have been carrying my G. Sakai clutchlock.
shmulik

for SD..

Post by shmulik »

...the best - and also my favorite - the Civilian.
Burrellb

Faves

Post by Burrellb »

:spyder: Lil Temp, and millie. Great combo. :spyder:
I'd rather be tried by 12, than carried by 6
KBR

Post by KBR »

My S30V Military PE is my absolute favorite Spydie....I don't ever leave home without it. ;)

This is my fourth Millie to date that I carry as my primary EDC/SD blade and I don't really think that any other knife(Spyder or not) could take its' place. I am looking into getting a Manix or ParaMilitary though... :D
"A man who is of sound mind is one who keeps the inner madman under lock and key."--- Paul Valery

Survive, Adapt, and Overcome...
credit

my favs

Post by credit »

Now that I'm older I prefer smaller knives
EDC meerket,dragonfly,copilot,spur,progrip.
When I'm in a bad mood ..Delica,,
when I'm out on the farm, Assist or rescue jr
When I'm in the city and don't give a f**K stretch, or spyderfly
Nicky

Post by Nicky »

First of all I live in Canada so I must carry knives that wont draw the attention too much otherwise I could be considered as the "evil assassin of ruin and doom"...

Currently my Every Day Carry is split between my Uk PenKnive and my Paramilitary even thought the Para is too big most of the time.

But in the recent years I've been using many knives such as the Salsa Ti, the Dodo, the A.T.R (there comes the assassin) and the Jester.

Only one thing is sure with me, if you need a knife I will have one and it's going to be a Spyderco.
The social revolution is now a fact. As I've discover, I'm a proteiform. The only question that remain unclear is; Who are you?