Everyone's Favorite Spyderco?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
ASmitty

Everyone's Favorite Spyderco?

Post by ASmitty »

I'm just looking to find out what Spyderco everyone carries as their EDC, and what makes that model their choice. Why is it so great. I personally love my old plain edge Rookie and keep it close at all times. I'd love to get another one in case anything happens to the first but haven't been able to find one. I love this knife because, well, I've always been a fan of the design. When I was younger my EDC was the Police model(that was also my first Spyderco). As time passed I've found myself being drawn to smaller models as I just don't need something larger than about a 3 inch blade. So I bought a Rookie about 3 years ago and haven't looked back.

My other favorite is the Delica for its light weight and simplicity while being one of the absolute best knives in its class ever.
thombrogan

Post by thombrogan »

My favorite knife is Spyderco.

I love the Sal Glesser designs, the Eric Glesser designs, the Janich designs, the Keating designs, the Goddard design, and the Terzoula designs in particular. The rest are great, too.
"I knew you before you knew you had hands!" ~Tracey Brogan

"Ah-ha! A Spyderco moment!" ~Michael Cook

"Hawkbills - Sink in the tip and let it rip!" ~Axlis

"I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers which can't be questioned" ~Richard Feynman
Easyrider

Post by Easyrider »

I'm partial to the Navigator and the Mouse myself. :D
Hellz

Post by Hellz »

The Navigator and Cricket used to be my EDC but now I have the fabulous Spyderco Penknife, it rocks... and it's legal! :D

Hellz
denn

Post by denn »

in order of :spyder: EDC-appearance: military, delica ss, police ss, atr ss.

the ATR is my current fave' because it has all i want: ss handle so it doubles as impact tool, strong lock, medium sized blade with spear point, good handle-grip, plus it looks cool.
Moon

Post by Moon »

Calypso Jr.
The Deacon

Post by The Deacon »

Got my PE Stretch when they first hit the street. In the month that followed all the other Spydies that had been in my EDC rotation began spending more and more time on the shelf. As of right now, it's almost a sure thing that if I'm out of the house, the Stretch is in my pocket. I find the shape of the slim yet deep handle fits my hand very well. It is the first :spyder: with a kraton insert on the correct side for a southpaw like me, this makes it feel both comfortable and secure in my hand. The blade combines great steel, a 14mm thumb hole for ease of opening, a full flat grind for superior cutting, and grooves on both the thumb ramp and choil for precision control. Plus, I don't think it would be possible to fit any more blade into the handle.

Still, my "most carried" :spyder: is the burgundy micarta Jester that has been keeping my keys company for well over a year now. The Jester is, in my opinion, the best key ring knife made and, while the molded in traction grooves in the handle are a plus for the FRN version, I prefer the more elegant look of the micarta.
Paul
My Personal Website ---- Beginners Guide to Spyderco Collecting ---- Spydiewiki
Deplorable :p
WTC # 1458 - 1504 - 1508 - Never Forget, Never Forgive!
RLR

Post by RLR »

Favourites (all plain edge):

Hard Use / Outdoor - Paramilitary
Medium Use - Persian
In pocket weekend - Dyad Jr Micarta or Wegner Jr, both clipless
Dress carry - Kiwi in bone

There are also 2 lightweights that see their fair share of use: Calypso Jr clipless and Centofante III.
Senate

Post by Senate »

All time favorite used: Almite SE Cricket!

All time favorite not used (alias Queen of the drawer :) ): PE CF Civie!
Alexandre.
-------------------------------------------------
Spyderco WTC#1978
Shiden

Post by Shiden »

Of the Spydies I own I think I like the CF Delica the most. However I would love to have a UK Penknife, because that one seems very ideal for my needs.

Shiden
Carlos

Post by Carlos »

The Penknife is my EDC.
"Wild animals are beautiful because they have hard lives."
- Paul Graham
Ted

Post by Ted »

Leaf Lil Temp!
wotanson

Post by wotanson »

I rotate the following Spydies as my edc
Calypso Jr. Micarta SE
Dodo SE
Delica FRN SE, old style intergral clip
Jester, allways on my key ring
Harpy G-10 SE
Merlin FRN SE
Endura FRN SE
As you can tell I find SE to be best for me as a EDC/ Utility knife.
That's what I have as of now.
HOW BOUT THEM RED SOX!!
ODIN, GUIDE MY SWORD TO ETERNAL VICTORY!
Outlaw

Post by Outlaw »

During the work week I carry a Gray Calypso Jr. Besides it being a great knife, it's less scary to the non-knife people at work. On the weekends, it's a PE Gray Goddard.
Ya gota love that VG-10! IMHO it's the best knife steel around. Why? Because it's extremely easy to get extremely sharp!
When you combine VG-10 steel & the ergo's of the Calypso Jr. & the Goddard... Well there's a combo that I can live with. Thank you Sal, Thank you Wayne.
fret

Post by fret »

Calypso Jr., Delica, Endura, Dragonfly, Navigator, Cricket, just to name a few...
JLA

Post by JLA »

I have mutiples of only 2 models, the Kiwi and the Persian. The one I carry depends on where I plan to be during the day. I much prefer bolsters on my knives and some sort of natural handle material (carry Kiwi is jigged bone). The Stretch looks like a very nice knife and if they ever do something about those handle inserts, at least a couple would be added to my collection .... even micarta would be good. It comes in many different colors, green or a shade of red might be nice on that knife.
Stevie Ray

Post by Stevie Ray »

My favorite for quite some time was an older FRN Clip SE Endura that has what looks like red nail polish in the FRN scale squares and the Spydie Symbol in white, etc ..

I still like my Endura ...., but my hands down favorite has become the Stretch ... This knife meets so many of my "wants" in a Spyderco knife ... VERY thin and short pocket profile with a large blade and a Military size Spydie hole ....

:spyder:
Steve
bpfsu

Post by bpfsu »

I'd have to go with my PE Blue Dodo. I love the way the handle fills the hand, and it gives me something to do when I'm bored (the blade snaps open quite easily and I'm quite proficient at opening and closing it quickly). I manage a warehouse so it doesn't freak people out as much as it would in some places. :eek:
loki88

Post by loki88 »

when wearing a belt, Civilian , and Manix
when wearing slacks Spyderhawk
on duty Military
keychain SS/CF Cricket
neck Ronin/SPOT/CS Spike
OutofGum

Post by OutofGum »

With the Calypso Jr. being so popular I think Spyderco should make them more available. I think its one of the best looking knives of the spyderco line, its a great size, and has outstanding cutting ability.

I would love to see it available in s30v or s90v (with g-10 scales) :D
To the pessimist the glass is half empty, to the optimist the glass is half full, to the engineer its twice as big as it needs to be.