What to do with a cobra head

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
druid

What to do with a cobra head

Post by druid »

The really considered leaving this alone but, I hate the Cobra head. I just got a aluminum salsa. It carries tape up and is not reversible, as I pulled the knife out of my pocket the Cobra head snags, and due to the nature of the nature of the compression lock the blade pops open about a fourth of an inch. I first noticed this as I was cutting my finger. I really don't feel comfortable with it. I took the clip off and might use it as a pocket carry around the house. But I'm really not sure what to do with it there are there are only so many spiderco I can have without arousing the natives. Right now it is literally hiding the back my closet. The Cobrahood cannot be removed without leaving a Above the opening whole which creates two Sharp ledges. I only paid $42 for the knife discontinued and can afford the loss. As such but it makes me sad to have a spiderco that I cannot use in its intended manner. I apologize if this seems an unjust criticism.
why
GarageBoy

Post by GarageBoy »

Use it as a wave!
severedthumbs

Post by severedthumbs »

What I have done with my cobra hoods was take them off. just not to my liking.
The Deacon

Post by The Deacon »

If you like everything else about the Salsa, then you may want to consider narrowing down the cobra hood with a file. That way you would still retain the contour of the thumb ramp but reduce the potential for snagging. If it were mine and I was having that problem I would file, test, file, test, till I eliminated the snagging. On the other hand, if I had other issues with it beyond the hood, then I'd be more inclined to trade it off for something I liked better.
Paul
My Personal Website ---- Beginners Guide to Spyderco Collecting ---- Spydiewiki
Deplorable :p
WTC # 1458 - 1504 - 1508 - Never Forget, Never Forgive!
loki88

Post by loki88 »

hey i love the cobrahood, i hope :spyder: will make them in some sort of bolt on accessory for all Spyderco knives!
Blades

Post by Blades »

Dremel it.
:)

Blades
zeus

Post by zeus »

Just send it to me. :)