Peter Herbst Redux? (Ti)

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
GarageBoy

Peter Herbst Redux? (Ti)

Post by GarageBoy »

Will Spydie ever make a new Peter Herbst Ti? I love the design and the blue anondization. How about it, mr Glesser?
JD Spydo

Ti, numbered

Post by JD Spydo »

I have one of the original Titanium Peter Herbst ( German made) 440c stainless blade. Does this ol' boy have any significant collector value yet? :) :spyder: :)
GarageBoy

Post by GarageBoy »

I have a Ti 440C second. Love the form and the feel. (faulty liner and lock makes it a desk queen)
Shiden

Post by Shiden »

GarageBoy wrote:Will Spydie ever make a new Peter Herbst Ti? I love the design and the blue anondization. How about it, mr Glesser?
I don't think it is very likely they'll make another batch...

Shiden
recoil

Post by recoil »

On the issue of collectability;

Due to the history behind the Ti handled Herbst, contracted out manufacturing foul-ups and Spydercos' QC rejection resulting in the small number actually getting to retail, I think the original Ti Herbst will be one of the most collectable spydies. Even the seconds demand a premium lately.

dave
GarageBoy

Post by GarageBoy »

I was gonna trade up my Peter Herbst as it doesn't do a thing for me, but deep down inside, I feel like I'm gonna regret it
jaxon

Post by jaxon »

I have both the Ti and the later production version. The Ti (second) other than having to touch up some scratches in the front scale with fine abrasive(earlier thread), apart from the the second notch I can't find any other sign of defect indicating a second. Much prettier handles, and considerably smoother action than the almite knife. I'll keep it until it is worth a few thousand $$$$$, hee, hee. :p

Get one if you can. It's nice.

Jaxon
Live to Ride....Ride to Live
GarageBoy

Post by GarageBoy »

Well, some of the anondization on mine is coming off. It's VERY smooth though. (pivot) The lock up is poor and the detent is VERY loose. Jaxon/Recoil, would you like my Peter Herbst? I have way too many knives and I need to reduce my collection. Parents think I'm spending too much money.
jaxon

Post by jaxon »

Hey GarageBoy,

Jeez, they must be victims of really poor QC. Mine has none of the defects that you note. Despite my wife (and my Mother at 92) having the same opinions as your parents, I will take it if its an orphan. Send it to happy home. Maybe I can tune it up. ;)

Jaxon
Live to Ride....Ride to Live
GarageBoy

Post by GarageBoy »

PM me you address! My poor Herbst needs some care I can't give.