Pocket Blade?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
ken_mullen

Pocket Blade?

Post by ken_mullen »

I purchased a Spyder Card and while I like it, I would rather have something to carry in my front pocket. I've been looking at the Delica, but do all Spyderco blades come with a clip? I would rather do without one and keep the closed lengeth under 4".

Any suggestions?

Thanks!
vampyrewolf

Post by vampyrewolf »

The FRN knives can have the clip removed. If you like that line but looking for small, get a Ladybug. I carry 3 knives, and use one according to the crowd.
Delica, small of back
Ladybug, front pocket
Cricket, IWB or side of belt.

All under 4 inches.
The Stare

Post by The Stare »

If you're going to go without a clip, then you might well consider using a short lanyard, to aid in getting the knife out of the pocket quickly. Of course, in the FRN's you'd not have a metal lined hole, if the clip was gone.

One non-Spydie knife you could consider would be the smaller CRKT LUS. Believe it is under 4". Clip can be removed, already comes with a lanyard. Hand-filling knife for its size.

You also could try IWB carry, rather than pocket.

Stare
Clay Kesting

Post by Clay Kesting »

Ken,

A good option for bottom of pocket carry is the Dyad Jr. It is 3 3/32" long with two 2 1/4' blades, one plain, one serrated and doesn't have a clip. They are usually black but the SFO has them in burgundy and green in the discontinued section.

Clay

Don't worry that the world might end tomorrow, in Australia it's tomorrow already.

Edited by - Clay Kesting on 5/7/2001 2:19:56 AM
Jazzman

Post by Jazzman »

Like mentioned above, the Dyad Jr. makes a great little "in the pocket" pocket knife. I also like the Toad, Navigator, Pegasus, and
Cricket. Any of these models would be a good choice.
Good Luck,
Matt