Better steel voor jester & co

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
kwak

Better steel voor jester & co

Post by kwak »

To whom it may concern;
wouldn't it be great to have jesters and the like in VG10 or S30V, i would think Spyderco has a mountain of scraps from both steels.
There would definitly be a market for this. ;)
Opinions anyone?
i.v

Post by i.v »

the cricket is in VG10, what more could you ask for? :D

i think the beauty of the jester/ladybug is the low price. making them in VG10 or anything better could daramtically increase the cost.
besides, i find nothing wrong with aus6, spyderco aus6 especially
Mr Blonde

Post by Mr Blonde »

I've been carrying various jester for a couple of years now, and I love 'em just the way they are! Although more colors are always welcome!

The only S30V Jester I'd get would be a special run. That way, I'd have a 'freaky' collectible.

Wouter
My Spyderco Pics & Reviews: www.spydercollector.com
Last website update: 4-01-2024 Instagram
Shiden

Post by Shiden »

I guess that most people who buy a Jester or LadyBug are just looking for a good small knife and they are not (much) interested in which blade steel the knife has. Factors like cost, looks etc are much more important to them. Spydercos Aus 6 is a very good steel and more than sufficient for most people. An expensive CPM s30v Jester would not sell as good as an Aus 6 version, except among the Spyderholics.

Shiden
vampyrewolf

Post by vampyrewolf »

The jester isn't supposed to be used as a bush whacker. as a keychain knife it works great. as a first knife it works great.

as much fun as a vg-10 or s30v would be, the price wouldn't be feasable. $30 is good... $70 for that? nah.
Coffee before Conciousness
Why do people worry more if you argue with your voices than if you just talk with them? What about if you lose those arguements?
Slowly going crazy at work... they found a way to make the voices work too.
dialex

Post by dialex »

Not to mention it's easy to sharpen. :)
The mind commands the body and it obeys. The mind orders itself and meets resistance.