My boss asked me about a knife today

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
J Smith

My boss asked me about a knife today

Post by J Smith »

It seems his daughter is in training to become a EMT.She told him that they were told they needed a good knife with a clip to carry with them while working in case they needed to cut seatbelts or clothing.When he asked I told him about the Rescue Jr and he thought that that would be the perfect one for her.I put up a wanted ad on BF to see if she could get a better deal than Ebay.
I would guess that the girl of the class will have the best knife there because there really isn't anywhere close by or a place easy to find here that carries Spyderco.Hope to find an Orange one for her and I will tie a lanyard on for her with some lanyard cord I found that is black with orange specs in it.
[CENTER]0 0[/CENTER]
[CENTER]<[/CENTER]
[CENTER]\____/[/CENTER]
DAYWALKER

Post by DAYWALKER »

Aloha JSmith!

I have to agree with the Rescue Jr. I carried one for YEARS, but have retired it to let my busted up Cold Steel Voyager tanto do the "dirty work" during shakedowns. It was not fitting for my Rescue Jr. ATS 55 to be used to pick up or move "questionable clothing items that appeared to have been glued together"...

God bless!
Proverbs 16:3...Commit YOUR works to the LORD, and YOUR plans WILL succeed!

"Where's the best little big knife not designed by Sal or Eric?" ~ thombrogan, WSM

Avatar by my KnifeBrother, DiAlex...C102 Adventura designer, 2005 Spyderco Forum Knife! ;)
jbake

Post by jbake »

Hey DW,

So are you allowed to have knives inside the prison during certain times?

-jb
Lonehunter

Post by Lonehunter »

I would say orange rescue also.

BUT I will also say I don't like to use knives for removing clothes,yes I have done it but I strongly prefer not to. Most of my "customers" are drunk,on drugs,or victims of violent crime,almost all that aren't are still scared.I don't want them to see a knife coming at them.

Then throw in the on lookers,who all see knives as weapons. Thats why I like the orange Rescue,Orange is seen as safety,think orange traffic cones and vests ,hunters with orange to be seen,life jackets etc.

The downer is I like pe to cut clothes as se tend to hang up.Now a 50/50 orange Rescue........

Nothing like using your knife to remove clothes of a guy who took an axe to the skull,then cutting carrots up with it back at the firehouse. :D

Whats the big deal I wiped it off on my shirt. ;)
dialex

Post by dialex »

I think the girl will like the Rescue. Who knows, once she gets used to a good knife, she may feel the need for another... ;)
DAYWALKER

Post by DAYWALKER »

Hey jbake!

TECHNICALLY, no...BUT, during shakedowns, I use one to cut all the sheets they "tie down" their sheets with, along with clothes lines, or whatever else...

but hey brother, Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! LOL! I would NEVER endanger a fellow officer or anyone else for that matter by carrying on the MPF!!! Some staff do this, as I recall seeing a clip on a co-workers jump suit...stupid.

Take care, and ditch that gum! :D
Proverbs 16:3...Commit YOUR works to the LORD, and YOUR plans WILL succeed!

"Where's the best little big knife not designed by Sal or Eric?" ~ thombrogan, WSM

Avatar by my KnifeBrother, DiAlex...C102 Adventura designer, 2005 Spyderco Forum Knife! ;)
Mancer

Post by Mancer »

well i personally love my assist model,what a brilliant knife.
but thanx to my loverly wife to be, ive got a wtc rescue,the feeling of this knife in the hand is undescribable, im now wanting to get a d'allah rescue model for carry as this looks to be the same model.

so many spydercos so little time

cheers

sheldon
It's Time To Kick @$$ 'N Chew Bubble Gum
spyken

Post by spyken »

yeah, the assist would be good too...the one with the carbide breaker...
spyken