I got my Spyderench today Woot! :)

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
JLannoo

I got my Spyderench today Woot! :)

Post by JLannoo »

Turns out this one seems to be a "second" as well. Came shipped in a ziplock with instructions. Sound like a second to you guys? Its unused either way and looks just fine as far as I can tell. :D

Got my spydie cap today as well Woot! Stitching is a bit off. Left out part of the Straight leg on the "R" in Reliable,and I prefer a velcro back.....Its still **** cool though :D

Yea the camera on my Clie NX-80 sucks LOL

Post by Jimmy_Dean »

Very nice! I never seen any Spyderco caps and I think they look real nice. I may look around for one.

SpydeRench was a very cool knife. Great design and was built like a tank. If I could, I would kick myself in the nuts for not buying a serrated version while they were still in the assembly line. Nice going JLannoo!

-Dean
JLannoo

Post by JLannoo »

Jimmy_Dean wrote:Very nice! I never seen any Spyderco caps and I think they look real nice. I may look around for one.

-Dean
The hats are available from this website $12 free shipping. Having said that, I just looked and they are "out of stock" already. They went pretty quick but I'm sure more are on the way. :D

Post by jaids »

JLannoo wrote:Turns out this one seems to be a "second" as well. Came shipped in a ziplock with instructions. Sound like a second to you guys? Its unused either way and looks just fine as far as I can tell. :D
I'm not sure about seconds, but the rench is an awsome knife, btw, whereabouts in michigan are you?
JLannoo

Post by JLannoo »

jaids wrote:I'm not sure about seconds, but the rench is an awsome knife, btw, whereabouts in michigan are you?
Hey another Michigander :D

I live in Harrison Township. Right next to Selfridge ANG Base and Metro Beach.

Anyone have a comment on how I might be able to tell for sure if my Rench is a second? I know you cant from my crappy picture. I just mean would it be marked in any way?

Post by jaids »

you might want to post the question in a new topic to get the answer.
jaids

Post by jaids »

whoops forgot one thing, I recomend not using the :spyder: rench since it is out of production, eventhough it can take it easily.
JLannoo

Post by JLannoo »

jaids wrote:you might want to post the question in a new topic to get the answer.

Before I post another thread I'm gonna let it go overnight, This is a slower board. I want to give folks a chance to come on and give it a read first.

I'm just on here and my other boards too much being on vacation this week. :) Tommorrow My Fiancee claims She's stopping that and putting me to work in the Attic......Oh joy :(

Post by JLannoo »

jaids wrote:whoops forgot one thing, I recomend not using the }{rench since it is out of production, eventhough it can take it easily.
Yea I know :( I'm going to use it though. I have 7 Spydies now and use all of them. Thats not to say I don't collect things. LOL I collect all kinds of stuff. Its just my Knives are too nice not to carry and use and needlessly show people. Who usually think I'm crazy for buying them. :)

I guess I'll just have to hope Sal gets the Renches cranking out again before mine breaks. ]http://home.comcast.net/~jalannoo/spyderenchtiny.gif[/IMG]7 Spydies and counting |||||
jaids

Post by jaids »

oh yes if sal put the rench back into production, i would buy at least 5 of them for gifts and another 4 for myself.
Shiden

Post by Shiden »

I have an 'old' SpydeRench, but it doesn't have the USA stamp on the handle, as shown in your picture... So maybe this is really a new one?

Shiden
JLannoo

Post by JLannoo »

I'm sure mine isnt "New" as in just made. It would be interesting to know when they added that USA stamp though. I found a review on the internet and that dudes didnt have it either.

Post by Mancer »

Very cool, the hat looks real neat, I've always wanted one of them wrenches, might get one later.
I've just got me a hp6315 .. this thing Kicks butt its amazing.
vga camera+phone+Ipaq with wifi,busy posting this from the wireless linksys router i setup for my fiance

oh btw, if you want one and T- Mobile says it will only connect to their access points,they are lieing, they told me this to get an extra 20 dollars for wifi

its got excellent battery life too.

cheers

MaNcEr
It's Time To Kick @$$ 'N Chew Bubble Gum
JLannoo

Post by JLannoo »

Mancer wrote: I've just got me a hp6315 .. this thing Kicks butt its amazing.
vga camera+phone+Ipaq with wifi,busy posting this from the wireless linksys router i setup for my fiance

oh btw, if you want one and T- Mobile says it will only connect to their access points,they are lieing, they told me this to get an extra 20 dollars for wifi

its got excellent battery life too.

MaNcEr
I'm stuck with Nextel (you know Bleep Bleep walkie talkie) for phones. THey just finally released a camera phone on monday and have a decent PDA phone coming out next year. Nextel is always behind the the ball but I'm used to it LOL.