Chinook II...WOW!!!:)

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
CKE

Chinook II...WOW!!!:)

Post by CKE »

Hey folks, after I arrived in Toronto I managed to trade a very fast opening BM for a brand spankin new Chinook II. This thing is great. It is stout, strong, wicked sharp and cool :cool:
It makes my Strider SNG look like a slipjoint :) I love the swept blade and the ergos are GRAVY!!!!(very good) Very grippy G-10 and all those clip options. I had the screw driver all ready to switch it to tip up but am starting to like tip down. Want to get a nice lanyard on it and that is why the tip up. Ah well, maybe the lanyard will sit in my pocket instead of outside of it. Have not cut too many things yet, string, milkbags etc. Love this blade. Great job and I highly recommend getting one. I think the Manix is going to be super too. Although this skinner type blade is really impressing me.

Other I looked at: Ronin, I really like this blade but man that point...it scares me. I think if you look at it too long it might break off. I still want to get one though...don't get me wrong :) Rescue 93mm Blue, sweet, a lot bigger than I thought it would be. A big rescue knife...will have to add one of them too someday to the ol collection. Finally the Para, I must say I was not impressed at all with it. For a short blade compression lock I would way rather the Leaf Blade Lil Temp. Overall I am probably going to give the para a miss. It just did not call to me. Very nice fit and finish just not my thing. Funny cause I love the Milli and thought the Para would be perfect.
Hope you are all well and again I cannot praise the Chinook II enough. Take Care all!!!
Craig
Keep Fighting the Good Fight!
knightwatchman

Post by knightwatchman »

I am also anxiously awaiting a chinook II. All the reviews I have read have been great. The chinook has been my favorite knife since it first came out. I would really like to get one of the custom ones fron Ken Onion. I'm really glad they put the interchangeable clip on the II, now it will be easier to carry two of them. :spyder:
Ted

Post by Ted »

CKE wrote:...
It makes my Strider SNG look like a slipjoint :) ...
LOL, Do you dare to post that on USN? ;) :) :D :D
CKE

Post by CKE »

Ted, they are a bit un easy over there about things like that eh :) I'll probably keep my slipjoint comment to the folks here who appreciate it :) Take Care!!!
Keep Fighting the Good Fight!
BigDog96

Post by BigDog96 »

I've had my Chinook II for some time now , the more you use it the more you will like it . Since I'm a lefty the old one was not an option and after handling one it only made the desire for the upgrade worse ! I must say the old blade was a little more to my liking , but the new has grown on me . The Manix will definitely be on my list when available , best option for me SINCE :( I can't talk Sal into a left handed Military !
sal

Post by sal »

Hey BigDog. We have a "plan" for a left handed Millie, 500 pc run. We're just far behind on the other models and projects so we haven't begun.

sal
Manchu

Post by Manchu »

Glad to hear that you're enjoying this fine knife. I like mine more and more each time I use it. In fact, I liked it so much I bought another to go along with it. ;) I'm really kind of surprised at the somewhat lack of info out there on the Chinook-II. It really is a helluva knife, especially for a folder, IMO. :spyder:
Keep Up The Fire!!

:spyder: : Janich/Snody Ronin, Chinook II (2/ea.), Manix (1st gen.), Persian (1st gen), UKPK-G10/orange, UKPK-G10/fg, Southard, Gayle Bradley, Goddard OD Lightweight Sprint Run

**Sent from a remote location using smoke signals.**
Mr Blonde

Post by Mr Blonde »

Sal,

when that plan for left-handed millies moves up the ladder, I have(!) to be put on that pre-order list. All that's wrong with the millie is that's a right-handed model ;)

Wouter
My Spyderco Pics & Reviews: www.spydercollector.com
Last website update: 4-01-2024 Instagram
thombrogan

Post by thombrogan »

A left-handed Millie, the Manix, the Bison, an ambi-clipped Lil' Temperance...

When will the must-haves ever stop coming out?

That Stretch looks like it belongs on that must-haves list more and more everyday, too.
"I knew you before you knew you had hands!" ~Tracey Brogan

"Ah-ha! A Spyderco moment!" ~Michael Cook

"Hawkbills - Sink in the tip and let it rip!" ~Axlis

"I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers which can't be questioned" ~Richard Feynman
BigDog96

Thanks Sal and Spyderco !

Post by BigDog96 »

Sal you are the GREATEST ;) ! Thanks for the info , you can be sure that I will be in line for one of the lefty Military knives , this is a dream come true ! One reason why I have so many Spyderco knives is that the company has their ear to the ground listening to the proud owners of their products .