Yojimbo Trainers

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
ruxton

Post by ruxton »

I'm about to get a black yojimbo for christmas to go with my blue one, I'm paying $106 for it (+S&H) I wouldn't pay much more than that for a trainer (unless it came with a Janich DVD :D ) but I would definately be interested in a trainer. It's a real shame yojimbos aren't selling, it has become my favourite spyderco :(
thombrogan

Post by thombrogan »

I cheap guy with a :spyder: addiction. If the Yojimbo trainer costs the same as the regular Yojimbo, I'll buy one if I can buy it from my phavorite pharmacy.
"I knew you before you knew you had hands!" ~Tracey Brogan

"Ah-ha! A Spyderco moment!" ~Michael Cook

"Hawkbills - Sink in the tip and let it rip!" ~Axlis

"I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers which can't be questioned" ~Richard Feynman
M M

Post by M M »

Sal

I get three or four... can not wait if they are out...

please make it...

The Yojimbo is still my EDC Carry knife and I need a full trainer..

Martin
http://www.plastictrainer.com
fifthprofession47

Post by fifthprofession47 »

I would need at least two and would pay the full ammount that the live blade costs. I made a Yojimbo trainer last month out of aluminium. It would be nice to have one that actually matches the weight, balance and feel of the real knife--not to mention one that folds.
"One is none and two is one"

Martial Blade Concepts - Certified Instructor

http://www.martialbladeconcepts.com/
donutsrule

Post by donutsrule »

I'd get one.
ruxton

Post by ruxton »

I notice in the 2006 catalog page 20 in the yojimbo bit it says *Limited red handled yojimbo trainers with unsharpened blades also available. Seems like we will be getting trainers after all :D
thombrogan

Post by thombrogan »

Hopefully, we'll buy more than the 10-12 trainers mentioned in this thread. As a mass, that is. I just want one.
"I knew you before you knew you had hands!" ~Tracey Brogan

"Ah-ha! A Spyderco moment!" ~Michael Cook

"Hawkbills - Sink in the tip and let it rip!" ~Axlis

"I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers which can't be questioned" ~Richard Feynman
ruxton

Post by ruxton »

They may not all sell immediately but I forsee that over time the yojimbo will obtain a cult following similar to that of the gunting. I just ordered a black one for christmas to go with my blue one.
PSU

Post by PSU »

I was excited when I read about the trainer in the new catalog. I hope that the plans for the trainer go through. I can't imagine that the interest for the Yojimbo trainer would be as high as that of the endura trainer but I think that a small quantity would sell. There are plenty of people who train with knives and having a Yojimbo trainer available would increase the interest in the regular model.

I would definitely be interested in purchasing one as long as it doesn't cost more than the regular version.

Tom
zenheretic

Post by zenheretic »

bump up bump up
Follow the mushin, but pay it no heed.
islandjoe

Post by islandjoe »

I downloaded the 2006 catalog and it stated that there's a limited number of red-handled Yoji trainers (C85TR). So I'm wondering where (online) can I buy one. I definitely want a Yoji trainer :)

Arthur