Willl they fix it?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
dhpd9807

Willl they fix it?

Post by dhpd9807 »

Just got my 2nd yojimbo and have noticed a fair amount of up/down play when the blade is open. Is this something they will address @ the factory?

Jeff
Michael Janich

Post by Michael Janich »

Dear Jeff:

I believe the issue is the tension of the compression lock spring. Unlike a traditional liner lock where the spring only makes contact on one side, the spring on the compression lock contacts both the ramp of the tang and the bottom of the stop pin. In order to wedge into position firmly without being too difficult to release, the tension must be just right. Apparently yours isn't.

I would recommend sending it back for adjustment to make Spyderco aware of the problem. I know it's a pain, but it would be a good thing for all future Yojimbos. Actually, if anyone at Spyderco sees this, I suggest that Jeff receive an immediate replacement so you can check out his knife to determine the cause of the problem.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Stay safe,

mike j
HoB

Post by HoB »

Had the same problem with mine, send it back already. First thought to fix it myself, but I don't think the Yo has an eccentric pivot like the Lil'T, so I wouldn't know how. But I am sure W&R will get it right. It the first run of the Yo' and I am more than willing to forgive a few intitial adjustment problems.