MBC- wave of the future!

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
BRAM

MBC- wave of the future!

Post by BRAM »

Ok here it is.. ( thanks Momma Spyder!)the long awaited MBC Forum..

yup right here you can get the lead on using the MBC line up..how tos and real old fashion TRUTH as to the use of steel..

Of course we';; be PC about it..ROFL...

This is where SPYDERCO is leading the way..We are setting up the first Edged Tool School, The MBC Academy..We have some of the top Knife guys in the world ready to teach how to use the eged Tools that they designed...

And there is a complete written, video and pictoral curriculumn to back up the seminar learning..want to be serious? get certified as an instructor? Its here through MBC...

Pick an instructor and a knife!...we lead the way with functional training drones..

We'll do the rest!...

Ok lrets get those posts coming!!!!

MBC is HERE!!!!
Brian Lavin

Post by Brian Lavin »

Good job, looking forward to learning more from you guys.

Knifeknut
Dedicated ELU
anyman

Post by anyman »

This is so cool, to have a forum dedicated to Martial Blade Craft. I'm just proud to be a small part of this. Al
Jim Six

Post by Jim Six »

Bram,

Nice to see you have a new home. Missed you.

Don’t ignore those guys who want a New York seminar. Maybe we need to get you to Atlantic City, so the rest of us southern New Jerseyans can attend.

Allbest,
The Stare

Post by The Stare »

Thanks, anyman. Came in from link on Blade Forums, right into MBC forum. Was trying to decide whether to demonstrate new guy status and get acronym cleared up, then you did it for me. (and others, I'm sure) Hate acronyms that are new to me! But, now feel like one of the chosen.
Stare
BRAM

Post by BRAM »

thanks for the welcome...We're working on a schedule of events @ the main web in Golden..
yup teaching at the new school location..and of course I'll be a traveling road show..
Looking for locations and/or sponsors of the events...

certification is easy..come to a certification seminar..usually a two day event..take the course and get a basic certification..it allows you to start to teach the concepts of MBC-Gunting....for example

We've got tapes and curriculumn...
tique

Post by tique »

Bram,

I would love to see a stop on the road show this summer somewhere in North Alabama or a surrounding area. Maybe Huntsville, Birmingham, or Nashville, TN would work if you haven't already stopped in and I missed you. I have been debating picking up a Gunting, but I think I would like to have a bit of training with it before I actually get one.
justin

Post by justin »

Very cool to finally see this up and running Bram. Thanks for all your time and effort with this project so that we all could benefit and for myself thanks for advice given freely. Looking forward to learning all that I can here and hopefully being able to contribute something in the future.
Jody

Post by Jody »

WHOOOOPPPPEEEEE!!!!! Brambo, I'm so glad you are back with your own forum again. You know I'll be here.

Jody

Keep your spirit up & your blades sharp!
anyman

Post by anyman »

Stare, actually anyman, is my name.

A. Nyman
davidar

Post by davidar »

Bram thanks for the invite onto the new Forum, nice to see you back on form. Hope all is well hope to see you in Slough UK soon, we are all looking forward to seeing Thomas in a few weeks!!! Any in the UK want to see the most dynamic self defense system available see me for seminar details!!!
earthworm

Post by earthworm »

I second tique's suggestion:Come to Nashville!
Gail

Post by Gail »

Thank you for all of the support.
The confidence all of you give is overwhelming. Thank you.
Gail
tique

Post by tique »

So...

What would be the chance of having that Nashville trip happen?
Michael Janich

Post by Michael Janich »

Thanks to everybody for your enthusiasm and support. It's great to be here.

To clarify things a little bit, Bram's reference to instructor certification had to do with certification in his Gunting program only. Based on discussions with Sal and Gail, we do not plan to offer instructor certification in the MBC core curriculum at this time.

Our desire is so make sure that we do things right and keep the quality of the program high. At present, we're still in the developmental stages and the best way to do that is centralized control. Once the program is better established, we may revisit the idea of instructor certification.

mike j
BRAM

Post by BRAM »

what he said..yeah!! If I confused anyone I'm sorry..Yup..GUNTING Instructor certification is what Imean..and to me..oops my mistake again cause of my point of view is when I say MBC I mean MBC-Gunting...
Mike, gail, Sal n I all know what I mean but ..yeah..as Mike said so you all see it in print..He's absolutely correct!!!!!
Mike is the Head of the MBC School...
and he's doing the curriculumn stuff on MBC and its certs!!!!

Mike..its sooooo cool to have you up here..
Great Class!!!!
sal

Post by sal »

Hi Mike. thanx for visitin'.. Appreciate.

Bram, you've got your Gunting program pretty well developed and some type of program is beneficial to the tool (Gunting).

Our MBC class is still pretty general and there really isn't a tool involved. We'd like to more a little slower as we develop.

sal
BRAM

Post by BRAM »

Sal: I agree...I have the CSSD-MBC with GUNTING as well...I 've taught a structured certification program for years..this becomes an extension..
Mike does have a program..and it is very neat..might not be his full MBC version yet..same for Jim n Mas...Jim has a program..
Mas has a program..just as I do..
Mike should soon have his own MBC tool..all the MBC guys need their own hole..
We each have a piece of the truth in the totality of MBC...
hmmmm gee Poppa Spyder that leaves you to have the truth in using the Temperance...

I'm lucky to be part of such a fine group!!!
ROCK on MBC!!!!

Edited by - BRAM on 4/25/2001 11:00:30 PM
Guntaholic

Post by Guntaholic »

Mike??? Tool??? Bram??? Do I sense another MBC tool in the works? I am too excited!!! MORE INFO PLEASE!!!