Spyderco Assist as MBC weapon

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Mancer

Spyderco Assist as MBC weapon

Post by Mancer »

Hi all

I was just thinking of this, that luverly Assist with the wavy pattern cut out of the top of the blade for "rope cutting"

Well that pattern would allow the blade to fit snuggly into your hand as a lightweight fist load, but what really interested me was the fact that while you are defending yourself and the adrenaline is pumping you will ofcause be holding onto that knife tightly squeezing the blade inside the handle which will inturn expose the carbine tip used for breaking glass.

Now a good hammer strike to your attackers head with this carbine tip exposed together with the force of your strike makes me wonder what kind of affect this would have.

I dont have my Assist as yet but it was an interesting thought.

What you guys think?

Cheers

MaNcEr

It's Time To Kick @$$ 'N Chew Bubble Gum
thombrogan

Post by thombrogan »

I wouldn't rely on it to end an encounter, especially not in your neck of the planet, but it does sound like an easy-to-use way to express your displeasure at being attacked.
BOK

Post by BOK »

If thats what you had on you and you could access it in time I don't see why it wouldn't make a great weapon.

I haven't handled one yet but I'm sure that carbide tip can put the hurt down given the right application.

Daardie ding kan maar iemand regte 'donner'!
Mancer

Post by Mancer »

Ye ofcause as has been said so many times, the best weapon is the one you have on hand.

I was just wondering about a knife in this style crossed with something like the Gunting, with heavy material like G-10 and double thick metal scales.

I think in the line of a kubotan/yawara stick the finger cutout on the blade is real nice, and having something like a carbine tip that can pop on out can really add some major pain with all that pressure behind the blow.

Cheers

MaNcEr

It's Time To Kick @$$ 'N Chew Bubble Gum