Perrin MBC

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Nemo

Perrin MBC

Post by Nemo »

Bonjour,

Fred asks me to post you a question here:

Who would be interested in following an MBC Class based on the Perrin Streetbowie (FB04) ??

So...Please stand up !
brownie0486

Post by brownie0486 »

Standing, dependant on where this is to be held.

Brownie
Mike Sastre

Post by Mike Sastre »

Beside you, Brownie. I carry the FB04 when I don't carry a much bigger Bowie. Great Drawpoint knife!!!.

Mike
brownie0486

Post by brownie0486 »

Oh yes, you know well I carry one of your drawpoints with the Spyder Perrin almost daily since getting this great carry package and bowie from you.

This thing conceals superbly and is as quick to out and using it as all get out.

One **** of a carry system, and like you, when I'm not carrying that larger fixed I'm fond of, the drawpoint and Perrin are along for the ride.

The training on the Perrin would be worth the effort in my opinion.

Brownie
Nemo

Post by Nemo »

I seems like Fred would like to jump to Golden...
Dr. Detroit

Post by Dr. Detroit »

Please count me in with at least a month notice.

The difference betwwen genius and stupidity is genius has it's limits
thombrogan

Post by thombrogan »

Would Mr. Perrin like to teach in New Hampshire, USA? I want to learn Martial Shovelcraft!
thombrogan

Post by thombrogan »

Seriously,

I would like to learn how to use the short shovel for martial and self-defense applications. When I was taught martial arts, my teacher taught me Arnis Lanada mixed in with Pananandata Marinas, Kalis Ilustrisimo, and Lameco Escrima (More Kalis Ilustrisimo!), so I may be able to learn how to use my shovel.

Would it be better if Mr. Perrin were to fly to Colorado to make a recorded seminar for Spyderco and Paladin Press? I hear that Mr. Janich may know some people at both of those companies.

Edited by - thombrogan on 6/23/2004 2:33:01 PM
Mr Blonde

Post by Mr Blonde »

Sure, but it would depend on where it would be held, since I'm from Europe. DVD materials would surely be nice!

Wouter

Spyderco photos and reviews at: <a href= http://www.geocities.com/mrblonde50>Mr Blonde’s Blog</a>
Lost Jaguar

Post by Lost Jaguar »

I've BTT this thread after searching the archives as a new member.

An MBC course for this knife would be TRES BIEN. I would especially love a video, since attending in Colorado would be nice, but not feasible.

I currently "felony carry" my black blade IWB, suspended next to my groin on a gutted black para-cord loop. My cell phone obscures the small amount of the grip that shows above the waistline. The knife just DISAPPEARS. However, if I'm wearing snug jeans, like well-worn Levi 501s, the sheath does pinch the family jewels. I draw the knife with a knotted para-cord lanyard, just as Fred himself. It pops out of my pants like magic.

To Fred I say, merci beaucoup for the fine design.
To Sal, thanks for making this great knife accessible to a working stiff like me.
Prepare for Anything, Expect Nothing
ricknhman43

Post by ricknhman43 »

I like this knife alot. It is very light. I already know how to use it though. I practice often. It is all you need. Light, sturdy, and quick. I bought it for $49.95, how do you beat that? A video would be a good idea.

Rick
rick