Warrenty Question

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Tom Percy

Warrenty Question

Post by Tom Percy »

I know you get a lot of questions, but ....

I just received a New Endura II from a distributer in Toronto, by Mail Order, and the tip is damaged. The box appeared to have the original seal, but the tip is bent, and the edge had grind marks as well as nicks....

Nice knife, bad Luck !

Is there a warrenty depot here in Canada we can send to, or do we have to send directly to Golden ?

Edited by - Tom Percy on 4/10/2001 10:03:17 AM
Tom Percy

Post by Tom Percy »

No reply so far to my query, from either the above note, or my voice mail that I left for Mike at Warrenty. This is not the service I have come to appreciate from Spyderco.

I send the defective goods last night via registered mail to Golden. This is starting to get expensive, and I havn't had the pleasure of using the knife yet.

I just hope warrenty calls before they send out the replacement !
sal

Post by sal »

Hi Tom. Sorry for the invonvenience and the bad luck with the model. My guess is that somehow someone got to it before you did.

Thanx for sending it it, that is really the only way we can correct the problem. apologies.

Spyderco was out of commission yesterday, (11 APR) due to a power outage in Denver.

I'll let Mike know it's coming here.

sal
Tom Percy

Post by Tom Percy »

Thanks Sal,
I had a good talk with Mike today.

I appologize for seeming upset with Spyderco. It was not your fault, and I was just in too much of a hurry to get it sent in for replacement.

I too believe that someone beside Spyderco had their hands on it.

As I said earlier, nice knife, bad luck. I can't wait to get another Endura II in my hands. What a package !

Have a great weekend, and enjoy that snow.

Edited by - Tom Percy on 4/12/2001 1:09:36 PM
Tom Percy

Post by Tom Percy »

Mike,
Any word on when I can expect the replacement/reworked Endura II ?
Thanks, Tom
Tom Percy

Post by Tom Percy »

Well I got the knife back,
- tip repaired. Edge has a new grind and is nice and sharp. (blade is now only 3 5/8" instead of the full 3 3/4"
- the dull finish has been cleaned up.
They call this "re-conditioned". They did a nice job on the repair, but I was hoping for a replacement.

Notes on the letter I received with the knife, mentioned that "frequent sharpening is important..", "warrenty does not cover damage caused by abuse ..", and "we are happy to see that your knife has been put to good use."
I guess my letter that explained that I received the knife damaged was not taken to heart by the repair guys. Oh well, I guess I'll just have to be happy that I have one, so I carried it, and used it, today for the 1st time. It is truely a nice knife, and now, it is truely used.