Spyderco Gunting

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
SpydercoKnut

Spyderco Gunting

Post by SpydercoKnut »

OK!! I have waited and avoided getting a Gunting for so long now and today I finally acquired one. I need to know what I have to look forward too with this and what this is going to do for me that my everyday folder and Karambit won't do for me. I anxiously await the arrival of the videos as well. Thanks!!
Rex G

Post by Rex G »

I think the video will answer your questions quite well. I recommmend NOT opening the Gunting using any part of your body against the ramp, until you have seen the video. The Gunting allows the user to execute certain self-defense techniques before the blade is opened, and the ramp makes a dandy guard to keep the hand from sliding up onto the blade during a thrust. For more information, go to www.cssdsc.com and www.gunting-museum.com . Enjoy your Gunting! As my wrist injury is flaring up again, I will stop typing now.
Dijos

Post by Dijos »

What the Gunting will do for you is give you non-cutting options. I love the tool, and carry it everyday. Whenever I carry a regular knife-i.e. Endura (which I love), I feel that I'm missing an option. It's nice to know that I have more options available to me. Where are you? I suggest taking a seminar if one comes up, or coming down to FL, and getting hands on-it answers a lot of little details, and any questions you may have. Shoot me a line if you have any questions--Joe

Learning Can Be a Painful Experience
BRAM

Post by BRAM »

The Gunting is a great EDC..
really..It cuts with the best of them..
and it's not a knife per se..its a full-force continuum tool..if used that way.
Its still gaining momentum in the LEO-Military-Security world..and the general public is catching on..
Do not open it on your own leg no matter how simple an affair that seems to be...

Be safe
check out www.CSSDSC.com
Bram