Spyderco knives in movies?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Neomik

Post by Neomik »

Stallone used an Endura to cut himself free in the Movie "Daylight" while he was trapped upside down at his decent to the tunnel above the big air-fan :) !
Michael
[CENTER]-. . ...- . .-. .-- .. - .... --- ..- - -- -.-- ... .--. -.-- -.. . .-. -.-. ---[/CENTER]
[CENTER]:spyder:“Simplicity is the key to brilliance”:spyder:[/CENTER]
phillipsted

Post by phillipsted »

I just wanna know if Sal, Eric, and Kristi have a Hollywood Liaison for product placement!

:-)

TedP
Worry less - Breathe more...

Spydie Fanatic #185
DevilDog1833

Life

Post by DevilDog1833 »

In the now canceled NBC TV show, Life, The main character (Charlie Crews, played by Damian Lewis) was a LEO who carried, and often got himself in trouble with, a SS Endura (or possibly Police); a weapon that he instinctively went to after wielding shanks as an inmate who was wrongly given a life sentence. He also cut a lot of fruit with it.

It was a great show - I was sad to see it go.
Military (G10, PE), Endura II (SS, PE), 93mm Rescue (FRN, SE), Delica (G10, PE), Delica (FRN, CE), Delica Wave (FRN, SE), Delica Wave Trainer (FRN), UKPK Rescue (G10, PE), UKPK Drop Point (G10, PE), Dragonfly (SS, PE), Ladybug (SS, PE), Medowlark (G10, CE), Crow (Aluminum, CE)
dman62

Post by dman62 »

Stainless Police in Terminal Velocity I think. Long time since I saw it.
Bluscreen

Post by Bluscreen »

The beastie boys had a music video with a police model lol neither a movie nor a show but still media. and I think Screamers there was a delica when he pulled the chip out of the boy's circuit.
Gunslinger

Post by Gunslinger »

I believe there was an X files episode where mulder slices open a car seat with a police searching for something.
MANIXWORLD

Post by MANIXWORLD »

DevilDog1833 wrote:In the now canceled NBC TV show, Life, The main character (Charlie Crews, played by Damian Lewis) was a LEO who carried, and often got himself in trouble with, a SS Endura (or possibly Police); a weapon that he instinctively went to after wielding shanks as an inmate who was wrongly given a life sentence. He also cut a lot of fruit with it.

It caught my attention in 1 episode,where he was cutting an apple,clearly see the roundhole in blade makin it a Spydie,but for a moment i thought it could've been a Scorpious,SS handle,discontinioud model??
Joyce Laituri

Post by Joyce Laituri »

"I just wanna know if Sal, Eric, and Kristi have a Hollywood Liaison for product placement!" TedP

Spyderco works with a number of individuals (prop masters) and companies (armorers and armory provisioning businesses) and on occasion directly with the production people (writers, producers and directors) in the U.S. Europe, Australia and Asia.

James Cameron's Sanctum starts this week. If you happen to see the long-format trailer check out the Spyderco sighting toward the end. This film is/was a great knife fit; a movie about technical cave climbing and a gear products person's dream come true.

Joyce :D
jackknifeh

Post by jackknifeh »

phillipsted wrote:I just wanna know if Sal, Eric, and Kristi have a Hollywood Liaison for product placement!

:-)

TedP
That's a thought. I used to work on telephones and notice phones in movies. 8 out of 10 movies (not brand new) have AT&T Merlin phones and I wondered if AT&T ever got money or were they just what was in the prop room.

Jack
Blue72

Post by Blue72 »

I remember when I was a kid seeing a serrated spyderco police on a Miami Vice episode. This was before I was into knives. It always stuck in my head because it looked so menacing at the time
IrishSpyder22

Post by IrishSpyder22 »

C.S.I Las Vegas has a few episodes with delicas and enduras, and training day Denzel uses a ss police.
35:spyder:
jackknifeh

Post by jackknifeh »

I didn't like this. I recently saw a movie with a Spyderco and all you could see was the hole in the blade. The rest of the blade was in a girl's belly.

Jack
yablanowitz

Post by yablanowitz »

DevilDog1833 wrote:In the now canceled NBC TV show, Life, The main character (Charlie Crews, played by Damian Lewis) was a LEO who carried, and often got himself in trouble with, a SS Endura (or possibly Police); a weapon that he instinctively went to after wielding shanks as an inmate who was wrongly given a life sentence. He also cut a lot of fruit with it.

Combo edge Police Model. ;)
I don't believe in safe queens, only in pre-need replacements.
Jay_Ev

Post by Jay_Ev »

jackknifeh wrote:I didn't like this. I recently saw a movie with a Spyderco and all you could see was the hole in the blade. The rest of the blade was in a girl's belly.

Jack
I know how you feel. On the one hand you are happy to see your favorite knife in Hollywood on the big screen but at the same time not thrilled about seeing it used in a negative way, in the comission of a crime, etc.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] <--- My Spydies <click the dancing banana!>
SmoothOne25

Post by SmoothOne25 »

what movie btw?
--an eye for an eye--

"You can't escape yourself."
jackknifeh

Post by jackknifeh »

SmoothOne25 wrote:what movie btw?
I think it was "The Last House On The Left". During the beginning some people had two girls in the woods to rape and kill. That's when the scene occurrs. One girl gets away. It's not the old horror movie. It has Tony Goldwyn and Monica Potter in it. They are the parents and the bad people end up in their house. I'm 95% sure that is the movie.

Jack
Jay_Ev

Post by Jay_Ev »

jackknifeh wrote:I think it was "The Last House On The Left". During the beginning some people had two girls in the woods to rape and kill. That's when the scene occurrs. One girl gets away. It's not the old horror movie. It has Tony Goldwyn and Monica Potter in it. They are the parents and the bad people end up in their house. I'm 95% sure that is the movie.

Jack
Yup, pics are here

That is another thread with similar content to this one. :)
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] <--- My Spydies <click the dancing banana!>
Butaangas

Post by Butaangas »

"Last house on the left" SE endura

EDIT: Too late xD
Qcrazy

Post by Qcrazy »

I'm fairly certain that I saw a ATR in the second episode of "Damages". A new Glen Close TV series. Did anyone else happen to see that knife?
jackknifeh

Post by jackknifeh »

Jay_Ev wrote:I know how you feel. On the one hand you are happy to see your favorite knife in Hollywood on the big screen but at the same time not thrilled about seeing it used in a negative way, in the comission of a crime, etc.
There was a big difference seeing a knife up to someone's throat or someone trying to stab someone and the someone is pushing their arm back than it is actually in someone. I know, special effects but they sure can make it look real these days. I'm not sure why but I think it did bother me more that it was a Spyderco than it would if it had been just some knife. I hadn't even thought about that until I read your post Jay. Now I really think I need therapy. Do you think Spyderco should pay for my shrinkage? :D

I don't know if a company like Spyderco has to give permission for their products to be put in movies or not. I always thought Coca-Cola would pay to have their drink in a movie instead of Pepsi but I don't know. If they do need permission from Spyderco maybe they could put limitations on the use on film. I haven't lost sleep about this. I do feel there is no need to actually show a blade in a body no matter what brand. That's just for shock value which I'm not a fan of. But, that's just me of course.

Jack