Peter Herbst Folder online purchase

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
CCV

Peter Herbst Folder online purchase

Post by CCV »

About a month ago I ordered one of the the discontinued Peter Herbst PE folders here on the Spyderco website. The knife is waiting for me at the office (I've been out of the country) and I plan to get my greedy little hands on it next week.

Here's the question:

The website advertised ATS-55 as the blade steel used in this model. What I'm reading on BladeForums is that some of these knives actually had VG-10.

Not that it really matters, but, I'm wondering what steel this knife actually has?

Any ideas?
jaxon

Post by jaxon »

CCV,

I would guess it's ATS-55 which is fine. If there are any and you get one with a VG-10 blade would be a real gold strike IMHO. Let us know. And welcome.

Jaxon

Live to Ride....Ride to Live
CCV

Post by CCV »

I have a Delica in ATS-55 and it is a great little knife. I certqainly don't mind having another model in this same steel, but I wouldn't mind trying out the VG-10 either.
Alberghini

Post by Alberghini »

I received my Peter Herbst,got in online website with VG 10 Plain Edge blade. Is an wonderful and very very sharp knife and in only 10 days the knife is arrived in my home in Brazil (with an Spyde bug in the box!). I am very satisfied with this spyderco service and sale!
Alberghini, Porto Seguro, Bahia, Brazil
Alberghini

Post by Alberghini »

I received my Peter Herbst,got in online website with VG 10 Plain Edge blade. Is an wonderful and very very sharp knife and in only 10 days the knife is arrived in my home in Brazil (with an Spyde bug in the box!). I am very satisfied with this spyderco service and sale!
Alberghini, Porto Seguro, Bahia, Brazil
Chris_H

Post by Chris_H »

Hi CCV!

I posted to your same question on BF, and the knife that I received from SFO had a VG-10 blade.
CCV

Post by CCV »

I'm hoping for the VG-10. Should have it in my hands on Monday the 16th.

I'll keep you guys posted.
CCV

Post by CCV »

Got it today, it's VG10, I'm delighted!