HELP ME SHARPEN PLEASE!!!!!!!

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Mancer

HELP ME SHARPEN PLEASE!!!!!!!

Post by Mancer »

Got me Tri angle sharpener yesterday and all I can say is wow, far better than I thought, specially with that video, I got quite a nice edge on my Gerber Mark II but had trouble with my Guardian Backup, prob been its got a 30 deg angle on the blade but because of the blade shape been like so : () the sides rub up against the stones when I do the 30 deg angle.

Because of this I used the 40 deg angle which goes ok, prob now is that Ive lost my sharp point at the tip, I dont know if I should now use the flat dark sides of the grinders or if I should use the triangle sides to get it back. (it is a double blade, as in a dagger)

Id appreciate any help)

Thanx a ton

MaNcEr

It's Time To Kick @$$ 'N Chew Bubble Gum
LethalWeapon

Post by LethalWeapon »

Slowly and carefully use the FLAT side to restore the tip! You may wish to start with the medium grade stone to get the initial point reshaped, then switch to the fine grade flats to bring that point out SHARP! Be prepared to stop and rest if your hand gets tired because you may do more harm than good if you continue the work in a fatiqued state. I had to rework the point on my Native and it took me the course of 2 sittings on 2 seperate evenings to complete the job. Good Luck!
Mancer

Post by Mancer »

Thanx lethal, appreciate it!!!!!!!!!

It's Time To Kick @$$ 'N Chew Bubble Gum

Edited by - MaNcEr on 3/20/2001 7:01:57 AM