River's Edge Exclusive

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
squirrel

Re: River's Edge Exclusive

Post by squirrel »

troutinCO wrote:
Fri Jun 09, 2023 4:14 pm
I have had a shipping label since the 7th but that is it, no acceptance by USPS. So still waiting on mine...
I'm also waiting. My order completed within a minute of the drop. Added two other knives with the purchase. My ship notice came on the 8th with the current status, "Shipment Received, Package Acceptance Pending". This is my first time ordering from REC. I'm fine with the wait knowing this awesome knife is on its way, and feeling lucky I got in on the sale. :beaming-face
FYI Long time Spyderco user, my old account is Roguesoul
troutinCO

Post by troutinCO »

Man, I should have grabbed 2 of these. I've been waiting for the right Para 3, in G10, with tool steel, in a neat color combo I like. Check, Check, Check and Check.
I also did not get the scorpion engraved on mine.
WilliamMunny

Post by WilliamMunny »

dull&blunt wrote:
Fri Jun 09, 2023 8:29 pm
Guts wrote:
Fri Jun 09, 2023 3:31 pm
Super fast shipping from REC. Kinda regret not going for the scorpion engraving now that I have it in hand. Oh well. Can't wait to see how it sharpens up.

They would, even a PM2.
If it matters to you at all, over 80% of the people in the REC FB group got the engraving. So we're possibly in the minority of people who didn't choose the option.

I have a feeling they'd add it if you sent the knife back too...
Endura AUS-8, Manix 2 S30V, Alcyone BD1N, PM2 Micarta Cruwear, Native 5 Maxamet (2nd), Para 3 Maxamet (2nd), Magnacut Mule, Z-Wear Mule, BBB 15V Manix 2, REC PM3 10V Satin, Dragonfly Salt 2, GB2 M4.
weeping minora

Post by weeping minora »

troutinCO wrote:
Sat Jun 10, 2023 3:51 pm
Man, I should have grabbed 2 of these. I've been waiting for the right Para 3, in G10, with tool steel, in a neat color combo I like. Check, Check, Check and Check.
I also did not get the scorpion engraved on mine.
I believe they had a strict limit of 1 per customer; with any customer trying to order two (either together, or individually) would have all orders canceled. At least, they had a disclaimer exclaiming some such limitation.
Make Knife Grinds Thin Again.
dull&blunt

Post by dull&blunt »

Anyone else have some odd discoloration (a lighter shade of black) on your DLC coating near the base of the blade? The pic above kinda has it.

At first I thought it was normal since DLC can be like that, but the color won't blend after the blade is wiped down.
Mushroom

Post by Mushroom »

dull&blunt wrote:
Sat Jun 10, 2023 4:19 pm
Anyone else have some odd discoloration (a lighter shade of black) on your DLC coating near the base of the blade? The pic above kinda has it.

At first I thought it was normal since DLC can be like that, but the color won't blend after the blade is wiped down.
Did you wipe it down with oil? It might just be dry. You could try oiling the blade to see of that evens out the color.
-Nick :bug-red
Mrj

Post by Mrj »

MRj “Weak things break!”
Dnwrghtsr

Post by Dnwrghtsr »

I like the scorpion.
Lc200n, s90v, magnacut, 20v, 204p, cruwear, s110v, 15v, cts-xhp
Mrj

Post by Mrj »

MRj “Weak things break!”
sn0wman72

Post by sn0wman72 »

No need for the Scorpion for me....maybe not having one puts that knife in the minority?
weeping minora

Post by weeping minora »

The Spyder and the Scorpion; looks bad@ss really.

I look at the PM2/Para3 knives as "billboard/graffiti knives" (with all of the maker marks/scripture), so adding the scorpion etch falls right in and actually looks really good, IMO. If I end up deciding that a satin version is for me, I'll definitely be adding it, regardless the percentages of whoever else decided to get one etched, that posts on FB.
Make Knife Grinds Thin Again.
shunsui

Post by shunsui »

Missed the Para2, passed on the Para3. Hope they do a Native Chief, Manix2 XL, Police4, etc. Keep it going.
Mrj

Post by Mrj »

MRj “Weak things break!”
nosuchagency

Post by nosuchagency »

disregard; couple posts up answered question.
squirrel

Post by squirrel »

I've been super lucky getting in on these highly desirable knives.
FYI Long time Spyderco user, my old account is Roguesoul
jmj3esq

Post by jmj3esq »

I just received mine yesterday. I am in love with it. I love graffiti on blades so this one really appeals. I will probably stash this one in the safe for a while and probably never use it. That kinda sucks for me as I wanted to see the performance of 10V steel. Has anyone dealt with 10V much? I know virtually nothing about it and am wondering how it stands up to 4V or 15V or if its similar at all.

Steeltoez83

Post by Steeltoez83 »

I'm doing side by side edge retention testing of this Para 3 versus my 15v shaman. So far I've only done 4 tests. 10V factory edge got 325 and 15V factory edge got 375 which is a 15% increase. First edge got 370 for the 10V and the 15V got 445 which is 20% increase over 10V.
"Nothing is built on stone; all is built on sand, but we must build as if the sand were stone."
salimoneus

Post by salimoneus »

jmj3esq wrote:
Tue Jun 13, 2023 5:27 am
I just received mine yesterday. I am in love with it. I love graffiti on blades so this one really appeals. I will probably stash this one in the safe for a while and probably never use it. That kinda sucks for me as I wanted to see the performance of 10V steel. Has anyone dealt with 10V much? I know virtually nothing about it and am wondering how it stands up to 4V or 15V or if its similar at all.

10V is basically a K390 equivalent, and there's tons of K390 out there (now standard on FRN Police/Endura/Endela/Delica, etc).
WilliamMunny

Post by WilliamMunny »

REC just posted the drop on the satin version will be 7/5 at noon. Just don't buy mine, excited for this one. ;)
Endura AUS-8, Manix 2 S30V, Alcyone BD1N, PM2 Micarta Cruwear, Native 5 Maxamet (2nd), Para 3 Maxamet (2nd), Magnacut Mule, Z-Wear Mule, BBB 15V Manix 2, REC PM3 10V Satin, Dragonfly Salt 2, GB2 M4.
Hopsbreath

Post by Hopsbreath »

WilliamMunny wrote:
Thu Jun 15, 2023 7:41 am
REC just posted the drop on the satin version will be 7/5 at noon. Just don't buy mine, excited for this one. ;)
That’s literally my birthday! The universe has spoken — who am I to argue.