Pacific Salt 2 Green Scales

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Shankdaddy

Pacific Salt 2 Green Scales

Post by Shankdaddy »

New here, I wanted to see if anyone knew where I could buy just the green scales from the LC200N Pac Salt 2. I want to get a Pac Salt 2 in H2 steel but I'm not really into the black or yellow. I saw you can also RIT dye the yellow to a lime green but I'm not sure how that would hold up. I may just end up buying two knives LOL!
I like knives and knife accessories.
cabfrank

Re: Pacific Salt 2 Green Scales

Post by cabfrank »

I know you can't buy just the green Spyderco scales. I'm not sure if any aftermarket scales are available, but I don't think so. At least, I don't know of any. Check out some of the Rit Dye threads here. It's probably your best bet. Many people have had success that way.
wridziwn

Post by wridziwn »

I'd go in on one with you if you want. I buy green LC200N, you buy black H2, then we ship each other the scales. PM me if you want.

Oh was this against the rules? Sorry, I didn't mean to. Seems like it should be allowed, it'd be the easy way to avoid a "Spyderco custom shop" everyone always asks for. But k, never mind then.
Last edited by wridziwn on Wed Jun 07, 2023 11:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
vivi

Post by vivi »

rit dye holds up great. I've dyed multiple Pacific Salts with no issues with regards to the color wearing out.
:unicorn
Shankdaddy

Post by Shankdaddy »

vivi wrote:
Wed Jun 07, 2023 4:34 pm
rit dye holds up great. I've dyed multiple Pacific Salts with no issues with regards to the color wearing out.
Any RIT dye that could pair with the yellow handle to get that bright green look?
wridziwn wrote: I'd go in on one with you if you want. I buy green LC200N, you buy black H2, then we ship each other the scales. PM me if you want.

Oh was this against the rules? Sorry, I didn't mean to. Seems like it should be allowed, it'd be the easy way to avoid a "Spyderco custom shop" everyone always asks for. But k, never mind then.
Honestly I was thinking about doing this LOL. I would rather just swap scales rather than buying a whole new knife or dying my scales, I understand it's against the rules though, not saying I'll do it here.
Shankdaddy

Post by Shankdaddy »

I should add, I like the green more than the yellow in general but IMO it's also more practical. Here's a video showing how water depth can affect different colors: https://youtu.be/AAJjdA6b4Ts. The bright green keeps it's brightness down to 155 feet and appears as a bright yellow while the yellow looks very muted and grey in color. The bright green of the LC200N salts seems like a better color all around and I wish they would offer it on all the salt knives.
vivi

Post by vivi »

Strange. Rit dye is like $3-5 at any walmart or grocery store and the process takes less time than it would take to order another knife.
Shankdaddy

Post by Shankdaddy »

vivi wrote:
Thu Jun 08, 2023 9:49 am
Strange. Rit dye is like $3-5 at any walmart or grocery store and the process takes less time than it would take to order another knife.
I'm weird, I like keeping things factory original if I can.
vivi

Post by vivi »

Shankdaddy wrote:
Thu Jun 08, 2023 10:03 am
vivi wrote:
your entire thread is about doing the opposite lol.
Shankdaddy

Post by Shankdaddy »

vivi wrote:
Thu Jun 08, 2023 1:31 pm
Shankdaddy wrote:
Thu Jun 08, 2023 10:03 am
vivi wrote:
your entire thread is about doing the opposite lol.
Well, yes and and no. I want to modify a knife but with factory parts. Dyeing the parts would be a last resort for me. I mainly just wanted to know if there was any place I could buy scales directly. Sorry, it's an odd thing I know.
SpyderGrill

Post by SpyderGrill »

Buy 2 knives