Shouldn’t love it but do

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
PaloArt

Re: Shouldn’t love it but do

Post by PaloArt »

I like all my knives but I am surprised how much I like getting back to Tenacious in humble 8cr13mov steel and Tan FRN. Used to have Tenacious, actually my first proper knife and Spyderco, when it was just released. Now these days I have a feeling I should not like it for it`s steel but I fell in love with how good the edge holding is, how easy to sharpen and maintain this one is. So I would say this Tenacious, humble hard working tool is my favorite knife from my collection accompanied by mighty Squeak.

I have to get S35VN version now as I forgot how great piece of a knife this is. Heck, I might even get persistence and Resilience! For now I am impatiently waiting for Alcyone and Polestar in BD1N to hit the shelves in European stores though.
Coastal

Post by Coastal »

PaloArt wrote:
Mon Jun 05, 2023 3:57 am
I have to get S35VN version now as I forgot how great piece of a knife this is. Heck, I might even get persistence and Resilience! For now I am impatiently waiting for Alcyone and Polestar in BD1N to hit the shelves in European stores though.
You would not regret getting the Resilience! I have the PE in S35VN. Forumite Vivi recently mentioned liking his Resilience nearly as much as his supposedly nicer large folders like the Police, etc. I agree! It's a remarkable knife, especially for the price. I also have an old pink/purple G-10 Tenacious in like-new condition. I find myself admiring it as much as some of my higher-end Spydies.
wrdwrght

Post by wrdwrght »

At the moment, my still-novel art-piece, the Parata, is my guilty pleasure.

It reminds me of an ulu in the hands of northern Quebec Inuit, but if I used it like they often do, I’d probably lose a lip.

The real draw for me, though, is the stop lock. I like it on the Parata and wonder what other practical Spydie might feature it, now that the Military2 doesn’t/won’t.
-Marc (pocketing an S110V Native5 today)

“When science changes its opinion, it didn’t lie to you. It learned more.”
zuludelta

Post by zuludelta »

I have no real practical, everyday use for any of my 4"+ folders (the Police 4 Lightweight & the Yojumbo) but if a situation arises where carrying a knife of their size isn't a practical or social detriment, I will often bring one or the other, just for the sheer fun of carrying a big honking folder.
Bolster

Post by Bolster »

wrdwrght wrote:
Mon Jun 05, 2023 1:06 pm

It reminds me of an ulu in the hands of northern Quebec Inuit, but if I used it like they often do, I’d probably lose a lip.

The real draw for me, though, is the stop lock. I like it on the Parata and wonder what other practical Spydie might feature it, now that the Military2 doesn’t/won’t.

It's a really fun knife, isn't it? I had one for awhile, found it fascinating. The stop lock is great. And the blade is...so huge! in comparison to the size of the rest of the knife.
Steel novice who self-identifies as a steel expert. Proud M.N.O.S.D. member 0003. Spydie Steels: 4V, 15V, 20CV, AEB-L, AUS6, Cru-Wear, HAP40, K294, K390, M4, Magnacut, S110V, S30V, S35VN, S45VN, SPY27, SRS13, T15, VG10, XHP, ZWear, ZDP189
wrdwrght

Post by wrdwrght »

Bolster wrote:
Mon Jun 05, 2023 11:34 pm
wrdwrght wrote:
Mon Jun 05, 2023 1:06 pm

It's a really fun knife, isn't it? I had one for awhile, found it fascinating. The stop lock is great. And the blade is...so huge! in comparison to the size of the rest of the knife.
Yeah. The Parata falls into that weird-but-not-really category that Spyderco is bold enough to promote. There is room in my life for this kind of weird.
-Marc (pocketing an S110V Native5 today)

“When science changes its opinion, it didn’t lie to you. It learned more.”
abbazaba

Post by abbazaba »

Much easier topic is "should love but don't".

This one took me three attempts to love: Techno 1

DansGearAddiction

Post by DansGearAddiction »

McBee. It's surprisingly capable for what I thought was going to be a gimmick knife.
Current Collection
Chaparral (LW, Stepped, Stealth, Sun & Moon), Dragonfly 2 (VG-10), McBee, Stretch 2 (K390), UKPK Salt (LC200N)